Player Movements and Rumours 2012

Inglis at fullback next year would be amazing. Fat chance of that happening though after what happened last time around.

Except that all our players bar Wallace came through the system, which is a very different thing from putting big offers on the table to entice other club's players.

I very much doubt that Greg Inglis, Dave Taylor or Ben Te'o, Sam Burgess, Mick Crocker, Matt King, Issac Luke and Roy Asotasi come cheaper than Thaiday, Yow Yeh, Glenn, Hannant, Wallace, Civo and Hodges, whom I will assume are the highest salary earners at the Broncos currently...

I think Crocker's only on 250K and you'd have to assume Matt King wouldn't be worth too much more

I don't think Souffs are over the cap. I'd be pointing fingers at the Doggies, Titans or Manly if I had to name someone.

I very much doubt that Greg Inglis, Dave Taylor or Ben Te'o, Sam Burgess, Mick Crocker, Matt King, Issac Luke and Roy Asotasi come cheaper than Thaiday, Yow Yeh, Glenn, Hannant, Wallace, Civo and Hodges, whom I will assume are the highest salary earners at the Broncos currently...

If Zero Tackle website is correct. (which they say Only players with reported contract values are listed)

Inglis is on 700k
Luke is on 375k
Hannant & Hodges are on 350k
Burgess & Wallace are on 300k
Crocker is on 250k

http://www.zerotackle.com/nrl/rugby-league/players/highest-paid-players/

You can be on the salary cap for less with 3rd parties and discounts taking up a big chunk (just like Lockyer)

Reading in the Sunday Mail that Kurt Baptiste is with us until the end of next year. I have no link.

Sorry to interrupt the debate.

Anyone who watches QLD cup can let me know how Mitch Buckett goes?

We have signed him for the next 2 years. He is said to be similar to Matt King in the style of footy he plays but obviously rarely get to see a lot of Qld Cup down here.

I've seen he come up through the juniors at Caboolture & through to the QCup. He is a really good signing for you blokes. His development in the last couple of seasons has been rapid, he is one of those players who just keeps improving. The comparison to M. King is a good one. He plays with aggression and is a really strong defender. His opposing centre always knows they've been in a game. He was given the job of shutting down Gagai earlier in the year in a game Vs Redcliffe & Gagai had zero impact that day.

He played in a ordinary team this year so his opportunities were limited. However from all reports he was close to cracking the QLD Residents Team.

He still maybe 12 months off NRL but he is one of those guys who once he gets his crack there will be no looking back. (as long as the "big smoke" doesn't get the better of him)

Last edited:
Apparently we have signed Joe Bond for next year. Vossy and Ikin were discussing it during the QLD cup game today.

Apparently we have signed Joe Bond for next year. Vossy and Ikin were discussing it during the QLD cup game today.

Serious beads??? That is great news. I was coming on hear to say "why on earth haven't we signed bond?"

He is fantastic IMO, could be the broncos chance to have a Ben barba style player.

Serious. I can't see the point though unless we chuck him in the 1 and let him have a crack

Any of the Qcup watchers want to tell us what Joe Bond is like?

At least it means the club is looking to sign people, hopefully a few more signatures are on the way. There's another reserve grade player I'd like to sign. His last name is Johnson.

Bond looks exciting......but

I'd like to find a fullback in the GI mould

not in the "get smashed in every tackle" Josh Hoffman mould.

Josh Hoffman has large mental and phsyical problems. KHunt and Dugan were/are bigger fullbacks who get/got belted but could handle it, I would also say he doesn't have the 1000 MPH style of either of those two in terms of creating even more occassions for heavy contact. It reminds me a bit of Willie Carne basically being ruined by high shots (although Carne was far more talented than Hoffman).

Honestly though, anything is better than the current version of Hoffman and if this guy has a bit of flair about him and could potentially create more points for our pathetically undergunned attack I couldn't care how small he is. Barba and Bowen are small but don't get hurt alot because they are quick, agile and incredibly tough for their size.

Joe Bond - I'd be surprised if there's been a better fullback in the QCup this season. Particularly around the middle of the season he was untouchable. Comparisons to Bowen and Barba aren't totally inaccurate by any means. Only a small bloke but plenty of pace and great footwork.

I have no doubt that if interchanges were reduced to 6 he would make every post a winner at NRL level. He is only a little bloke though and there's always been the concern that his size would work against him at NRL level.

Here's a few highlights of what he can do - including him slapping my hand around 3.30 in!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Makes a good one on one tackle there from a linebreak and he certainly has that sense of timing his involvement in the right spot in the backline. We could do worse than give a player like that a chance.

Active Now

• bert_lifts
  • ostin86
  • NSW stables
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.