Player Movements & Rumours 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well considering Cullen will no longer be CEO when Sammy's contract is up for re-negotiation, I don't really think what he says means anything.

However I still think Sam is more chance of staying than going.

Flutterby said:
Well considering Cullen will no longer be CEO when Sammy's contract is up for re-negotiation, I don't really think what he says means anything.

However I still think Sam is more chance of staying than going.

I think the Broncos would well and truly have some plans ready for 2012 contracts. They'd have a fair idea who they would see as the core group for 2012 and who needs to be upgraded etc.

If Bruno says signing Inglis would not impact the ability to retain (ie, upgrade) Sam in 2012 I believe him.

But yes, a new CEO could **** things up, but I doubt it.

Honestly, people need to chill. I remember every time Lockyer came off contract there was speculation about him going everywhere - Union, the Roosters, England, even Aussie Rules at one stage! It was never in doubt he'd stay at the Broncos.

I think Sam is the same. Unless he gets greedy like a couple of other big forwards of the past, there's no reason to suggest he won't stay.

Bannermania said:
what's to stop Sam from being greedy Coxy?

Absolutely nothing. He doesn't appear to be from the times I've met him and from knowing his bro, but who knows for sure? Only Sam himself when the time comes.

When I say greedy about a player, btw, I don't necessarily mean it's a bad thing. I don't blame players if they're offered twice as much to switch to some other sport to think about it. Doesn't mean it's not greed though.

Flutterby said:
I realise that, but I'm sure discussions have been had amongst the powers that be at the club, so I have no doubt that Sammy is number 1 priority.

Coxy said:
Bannermania said:

Absolutely nothing. He doesn't appear to be from the times I've met him and from knowing his bro, but who knows for sure? Only Sam himself when the time comes.

When I say greedy about a player, btw, I don't necessarily mean it's a bad thing. I don't blame players if they're offered twice as much to switch to some other sport to think about it. Doesn't mean it's not greed though.

You'd also say that Folau wasn't greedy? and he's probably not. But $6Mil for a sport he's never played, just for a few quid? bleh

Bannermania said:
Coxy said:
Bannermania said:

You'd also say that Folau wasn't greedy? and he's probably not. But $6Mil for a sport he's never played, just for a few quid? bleh

Well no, he wanted to come to the Broncos for "personal reasons" but then talked his way into a $400K+ per year deal.

It's funny how they want to go certain places or stay at clubs for personal/loyalty reasons...so long as the price is right.

All players are greedy. All people are greedy.

Sammy's greedy....just look at him raiding that vending machine on the NRMA ad...oh wait...you can't anymore

simmo77 said:
Sammy's greedy....just look at him raiding that vending machine on the NRMA ad...oh wait...you can't anymore

[icon_lol1. [eusa_clap.gi icon_thumbs_u

Yeah, that's another great signing ... along with Yow Yeh, Hunt, Gillett and Co.

The future is looking pretty good at the Broncos 8-)

shit yeah. Now he just has to play well! :P

Not thrilled about Norman at all, how lucky are we that IH gave Hoffman a go at the back.

tkday said:
Not thrilled about Norman at all, how lucky are we that IH gave Hoffman a go at the back.

Norman isn't a fullback though. I wouldn't judge him on how he played there.

tkday said:
Why not? Would you rather us go into the after Locky era with no 5/8's?

I'm stoked with his re-signing. He is a very talented young player who can cover a number of positions but I think he will be an asset to our club in the future at 5/8.

ningnangnong said:
tkday said:

Even though he had a fantastic game there in round 1 against the Cowboys icon_thumbs_u

jarro65 said:
ningnangnong said:
tkday said:

Even though he had a fantastic game there in round 1 against the Cowboys icon_thumbs_u

Haha yes, that is true. :mrgreen:

He's much better in the halves IMO.

WHAT!?!? Apart from that one game, whenever he's been on the field he's done terrible. Come on!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Dreaglor
  • MrTickyMcG
  • ChewThePhatt
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.