Player Movements & Rumours 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the Broncos will make a competitive offer for Sammy, it would be devastating to see him leave though, the Cowboys would be our biggest threat because he is from up that way ... although his brother is down here. hopefully the realistic chance that he could become the next Broncos captain could see him stay.

the other thing is that this is the same line that all players and managers bring out around contract time. it would be delusional to think that Sammy wouldn't be hot property both here and in the ESL.

A few days ago, I was thinking how bad it would be if we lose Sammy T. I want him to be a Broncos player for life.

Alec said:
A few days ago, I was thinking how bad it would be if we lose Sammy T. I want him to be a Broncos player for life.

^^^^^^^
this

[icon_pray.

I can't see Sammy leaving, he wants the captaincy.

Can't see Thurston giving up the Cowboys captaincy.

It's just his manager saying this, to up the amount.

I can't see Sammy leaving. I have a gut feeling that he will be a Broncos for life.

Thaiday will never leave, Locky and Thaiday have the biggest commitment to the broncos out there imo.

Never say never. There are several players over the years who I thought would never leave the Broncos and they did, so whilst I believe it is the strongest possibility that Sammy will stay a Bronco for life - you just can't tell what might happen.

Flutterby said:
Never say never. There are several players over the years who I thought would never leave the Broncos and they did, so whilst I believe it is the strongest possibility that Sammy will stay a Bronco for life - you just can't tell what might happen.

Cough Cough K. Hunt cough cough

Nah - I always knew Hunt would go wherever the money was.

I was more thinking of Petro in recent memory.

Flutterby said:
Nah - I always knew Hunt would go wherever the money was.

I was more thinking of Petro in recent memory.

I thought the Broncos were the ones that sold him out. I was under the impression Petro wanted to stay!

How he left or who's fault it was isn't actually the point - the fact his he left. Who knows what the Broncos club may or may not do in negotiating with Sammy which may or may not cause him to leave?

cough cough cough "petro" cough cough cough

Petero's manager stuffed him up.

I would say he would still be at the club if it wasn't for his manager.

Kaz said:

[icon_lol1.

The club promised him a big payday if he turned down the Cowboys for less money for his next deal so he turned them down. We offered him no where near what Penrith offered him for that next deal (which was basically his market value as the game's elite prop) instead we bought Clinton and Sims to replace him! Good work Bruno!!!!!!!!!

The Brizz said:
Kaz said:

[icon_lol1.

The club promised him a big payday if he turned down the Cowboys for less money for his next deal so he turned them down. We offered him no where near what Penrith offered him for that next deal (which was basically his market value as the game's elite prop) instead we bought Clinton and Sims to replace him! Good work Bruno!!!!!!!!!

actually Penriths offer wasn't even on the table until we took ours of the table (and it was reported at the time that the Panthers offer was bout 20k more than ours)

Well that just makes Bruno looked even more stupid doesn't it.

I think for Thaiday to stay (assuming we sign GI) he would have to stay for approx 100k or so LESS... I doubt we will be able to have another 400k player in the ranks... in saying THAT... I believe they may wait to sign him after Locky retires? Surely Locky is on a 400k contract?... so there would be room to move there...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• teampjta
  • Nerd
  • RolledOates
  • Bucking Beads
  • theshed
  • Muros
  • Sproj
  • Scdeac
  • Manofoneway
  • Robboi_321
  • HVbronco
  • marw
  • ettybay
  • Fozz
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.