Player Movements & Rumours 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.foxsports.com.au/story/0,865 ... 66,00.html
Brisbane Broncos have signalled their interest in Cronulla enforcer Paul Gallen amid speculation the Australia forward is unhappy and wants out of the Sharks next season.

A Sydney newspaper reported on Tuesday that Gallen was aggrieved after his latest disciplinary fine from the club last week and approaches had been made on his behalf to rival NRL clubs.

“We'd be really interested in sitting down and having a talk with him,” Brisbane coach Ivan Henjak told AAP on Tuesday just before the Sharks issued a statement expressing surprise at the newspaper report.

“He's the type of player who would fit into our forward pack.

If he helps us get the W's i wouldnt mind having him.

He is a total wanker but I think it would be good to have his aggression, something our pack lacks a bit!

Gallen, in terms of pure footballing talent, is amazing. He regularly gets through 20 hit ups and generally makes 30 tackles and plays eighty minutes. He takes so much of the workload which would allow chaps like Thaiday and Te'o to run wider and play a more attacking style.

However, he seems like a total twat although a change in scenery might help.

I rate him as a player but I don't want him at the Broncos. How can I chant "Gallen is a wanker" if he's on the team I support?

Isnt it an obligation from ceo's/coaches these days to say their interested in a big signing? every team would be crazy to not call and say if he wants to come here we're interested.

But that doesnt mean they are actually too interested, just to make it look like they are thinking and doing things for the club.

I must be a rarity. I don't think Gallen has any talent.

He frequently tops the metres gained and tackles made lists, but also gives away more penalties than most other players. Plus he's a douche. Cons outweigh the pros IMO>

Ivan Henjack seems to have a NSW origin like obsession with trying to pack as many backrowers as he can in a 17

Alec said:
He frequently tops the metres gained and tackles made lists, but also gives away more penalties than most other players. Plus he's a douche. Cons outweigh the pros IMO>
Gallen gave away eight penalties last season while Hodges gave 14, Kenny 15 and Wallace 16...

The amount he does in attack and defence warrants the few penalties he gives.

To average that out a bit, Gallen makes .5 penalties a game, Hodges .78, Kenny .71 and Wallace .69

Hardly a crazy amount of penalties.

ethos said:
Gallen, in terms of pure footballing talent, is amazing. He regularly gets through 20 hit ups and generally makes 30 tackles and plays eighty minutes. He takes so much of the workload which would allow chaps like Thaiday and Te'o to run wider and play a more attacking style.

And gives away 3-4 penalties on average a game.

Fair dinkum the membership is being cancelled if he is signed. There is no way I can support a Broncos team with PAUL GALLEN in it.

My God.

Again, what does he do? He runs with his fat arse into the line hoping to break it. And he throws his gut at people to try and tackle them.

He's a nuffie. Probably the most overrated player I've seen in a decade.

Plus he's a total scum bag, grub of an idiot.

Aggression? Yeah racial slurs and picking out player's stiches - that will fire other players up.

subsbligh said:
ethos said:

And gives away 3-4 penalties on average a game.

Fair dinkum the membership is being cancelled if he is signed. There is no way I can support a Broncos team with PAUL GALLEN in it.

My God.
That's pretty weak, jus' saying'.

Coxy said:
Again, what does he do? He runs with his fat arse into the line hoping to break it. And he throws his gut at people to try and tackle them.

He's a nuffie. Probably the most overrated player I've seen in a decade.
We hardly have the greatest pack and the amount of metres he makes will ease the load on our props ridiculously, especially considering Henjak has a fascination with a bench that consists of backrowers and maybe a prop.

We have oodles of players that can develop into good metre eaters. Why buy a **** wit from Cronulla?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Bucking Beads
  • Organix
  • MrMoore
  • Mustafur
  • Lurker
  • Broncorob
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.