Player Movements & Rumours 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fozz

Fozz

International Captain
Senior Staff
Mar 4, 2008
mx has an article about it. Says the Roosters have denied signing him.

Maybe the SMH is using sources that even Dribbler wouldn't?

ivanhungryjak

ivanhungryjak

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Sep 8, 2009
Talkin Sports are running with a rumour that the Broncs let Setu go because they have picked Eastwood back up???

Bucking Beads

Bucking Beads

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
ivanhungryjak said:
Talkin Sports are running with a rumour that the Broncs let Setu go because they have picked Eastwood back up???

If that is the case , we have hit the jackpot.

jarro65

jarro65

State of Origin Rep
Jun 26, 2008
He'd be a nice pickup a this stage of our season

B

broncos777

NYC Player
Apr 6, 2010
It would be awsome if true but Setu was named in our side this week! Plus didn't Eastwood want to go back to the Doggies not us? Anyway awsome if true :mrgreen:

Foordy

Foordy

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
broncos777 said:
It would be awsome if true but Setu was named in our side this week! Plus didn't Eastwood want to go back to the Doggies not us? Anyway awsome if true :mrgreen:

Maybe Beastwood heard that Benton had gone [icon_razz1

H

Hatchy

NRL Player
Mar 25, 2008
Dissappointed to see him leave. He would have grown into a really useful player if Ivan would just be able to see potential in some players. Im still not saying its true though because I cant find it anywhere else, not even on the chooks website.

Next it will happen to Sims by the way Ivans going.

Bucking Beads

Bucking Beads

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
Hatchy said:
Dissappointed to see him leave. He would have grown into a really useful player if Ivan would just be able to see potential in some players. Im still not saying its true though because I cant find it anywhere else, not even on the chooks website.

Mate Sims has already signed elsewhere for next season !!

H

Hatchy

NRL Player
Mar 25, 2008
Bucking Beads said:
Hatchy said:

Oh I see what your getting at. QLD cup isnt it?

ningnangnong

ningnangnong

HACK THE PLANET!!!
Forum Staff
Mar 5, 2008
Hatchy said:
Bucking Beads said:
Hatchy said:

No mate, Sims has signed with the new team that's coming into the comp next year, called Dim.

L

lyn

QCup Player
May 6, 2008
Hatchy said:

Yea because Gillett, Winterstein, Yow Yeh, Glenn, Lui, Dodds, Hunt, Norman, Beale to name a few don't have any potential do they.

I also want to see some proof before I believe this again.

Referring to Sims - I'm sure that wouldn't be a bad move by Ivan either.

C

Coxy

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
ningnangnong said:
Hatchy said:
Bucking Beads said:
Hatchy said:

No mate, Sims has signed with the new team that's coming into the comp next year, called Dim.

ROFLCOPTERSPACEBOOTS!

Pigskin

Pigskin

NYC Player
Mar 5, 2008
Just read the last 3 or 4 pages of this thread, and there is a considerable bagging aimed at just about every forward we have bar Parker, Thaiday and Te'o. Justified.

I'd like to throw my 2c in to say that all good forward momentum starts at hooker, and nobody has questioned McCullough and the service he provides. I don't think he has come on as we would have hoped. I find his service predictable and slow. Is he untouchable ? I also think he would be far more affective playing less minutes. Any good hookers available for next year ? And no, I'm not overly keen to go pay overs for Cameron Smith. I can really only see him getting slower in seasons to come. One day we might look back and think losing Ennis to be in the same ballpark of "bad decisions" as it was losing Priddis all those years ago.

No interest in Cronk here, Wallace is not far behind in my view.

GI would be a gross waste of money. Would be a diabolical decision to throw big money at him. And Slater, while the best fit for us atm in terms of need, might be asking too much and may well be a target for other codes.

I'd prefer to see where a couple of them are going, and pick the eyes out of the team they are going to. Might be some bargains to be had.

We need 3 really solid props in the prime of their career, and 3 "lesser" props. Tronc was/is always going to be a rank failure of a signing, could we aim any lower ? Far too slow and was always going to be. Admittedly only in the rumour section of another forum, but now we are apparantly in the frame to sign Luke Capewell, who can't make the top side at Souths. Give me a break. How the mighty have fallen.

Our recruiting is disgraceful atm ... lets pray that we can land Eastwood for a win (for a change).

Oink !

C

Coxy

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
Pigskin said:
Just read the last 3 or 4 pages of this thread, and there is a considerable bagging aimed at just about every forward we have bar Parker, Thaiday and Te'o. Justified.

I'd like to throw my 2c in to say that all good forward momentum starts at hooker, and nobody has questioned McCullough and the service he provides. I don't think he has come on as we would have hoped. I find his service predictable and slow. Is he untouchable ? I also think he would be far more affective playing less minutes. Any good hookers available for next year ?

May not have posted it here, but I was remarking about the slow delivery from dummyhalf to a few people off the forums over the last few weeks, and that's greatly contributing to Locky seeming to rush plays.

F

Flutterby

International
Mar 5, 2008
Yeah, McCullough has been questioned by a number of us on the forum - probably not in this thread though - cause it's supposed to be about rumours and confirmations of players moving either from or to the Broncos, as far as I know the club has no plans to move McCullough on at this stage hence why it hasn't really been discussed here.

Dexter

Dexter

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Mar 26, 2008
Coxy said:
Pigskin said:

I'd like to throw my 2c in to say that all good forward momentum starts at hooker, and nobody has questioned McCullough and the service he provides. I don't think he has come on as we would have hoped. I find his service predictable and slow. Is he untouchable ? I also think he would be far more affective playing less minutes. Any good hookers available for next year ?

May not have posted it here, but I was remarking about the slow delivery from dummyhalf to a few people off the forums over the last few weeks, and that's greatly contributing to Locky seeming to rush plays.

Not only slow but rarely keeps the markers honest has no kicking game and often goes the wrong way against the call.

Having said that I still think he will be good for us, he just needs to concentrate on being a dummy half first and getting his basics down pat like most of our young guys.
They could do worse than bring the Turtle in for a little dummy half 101.

Foordy

Foordy

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
Dexter said:
Coxy said:
Pigskin said:

Not only slow but rarely keeps the markers honest has no kicking game and often goes the wrong way against the call.

Having said that I still think he will be good for us, he just needs to concentrate on being a dummy half first and getting his basics down pat like most of our young guys.
They could do worse than bring the Turtle in for a little dummy half 101.

Macca does have a kicking game, as he used to play it in the halves. i think he just needs the confidence to use it more and not give it to Wallace or Locky all the time.

S

sydney_bronco09

NYC Player
Apr 24, 2008
petro and hannant will be back at red hill next season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Unread

Active Now

• Swordfish
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.