Player Movements & Rumours 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.
F

Flutterby

International
Mar 5, 2008
I know they were pretty close at one time. I used to have both of them as guest speakers at events several times and they spoke very fondly of each other and interacted really well - you can tell when people are faking that kind of stuff. That was early 2000s tho - something definitely went sour.

Kimlo

Kimlo

International Captain
Senior Staff
Apr 26, 2008
According to DT Gasnier wants back in the NRL and is very keen to sign before june 30 deadline.
I don't think he would be asking for too much and if he plays left centre (Can't remember if he's a left or right centre) then he could be a good buy, better than Tate anyway. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vk-H_T6d ... re=related looks like he's playing left centre in that video.

We have cap space for THIS years cap as well and atm we only have makeshift centres playing left centre so he could fit in nicely and add some experience to our team and when Hodges is back Folau can stick to right wing, 2 year deal would be good IMO. He's still only 28 years old so would have a fair bit left in the tank.

Thoughts?

P

PETERN

QCup Player
Nov 2, 2009
broncospwn said:
According to DT Gasnier wants back in the NRL and is very keen to sign before june 30 deadline.
I don't think he would be asking for too much and if he plays left centre (Can't remember if he's a left or right centre) then he could be a good buy, better than Tate anyway. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vk-H_T6d ... re=related looks like he's playing left centre in that video.

We have cap space for THIS years cap as well and atm we only have makeshift centres playing left centre so he could fit in nicely and add some experience to our team and when Hodges is back Folau can stick to right wing, 2 year deal would be good IMO. He's still only 28 years old so would have a fair bit left in the tank.

Thoughts?

Doubt he'd come to Brisbane..more then likely he will sign for St George if he does return, or with another Sydney based club..

Black Philip

Black Philip

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
broncospwn said:

Thoughts?

Don't want him anywhere near the team.

Also, does anyone else get annoyed that EVERY time a player seems to be off contract these days or looking for a new club, someone has to suggest they come here?

Meat77

Meat77

NRL Player
Feb 10, 2010
Scotty said:
Don't want him anywhere near the team.

+1

Scotty said:
Also, does anyone else get annoyed that EVERY time a player seems to be off contract these days or looking for a new club, someone has to suggest they come here?

And +1! [icon_lol1.

C

Coxy

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
Not just someone, broncospwn. He's always contemplating signing every douche that's on the market.

GCBRONCO

GCBRONCO

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
Pretty sure I read somewhere part of his deal of St George Illawarra letting him go to another code is if he comes back to the NRL it can only be to the Dragons until 2012.

C

Coxy

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
However, Wayne Bennett also has an agreement with St George-Illawarra that there is to be no sauce spurting until 2012....

jarro65

jarro65

State of Origin Rep
Jun 26, 2008
Could it be possible we're not keen on Petero anymore because we're chasing one of The Storms frontrowers ?

Tolman and Blair are bound to be cut for next season

Kaz

Kaz

State of Origin Captain
Mar 5, 2008
Nashy said:
Also. What's the go with Tallis and Bennett?

As Flutterby posted

I think the main thing was Bennett lied & said the story about the chooks was a lie.

Bennett has always said never lie & he did.

Several players lost respect for Bennett after that.

Out of all the 'older' players, Webcke is the only one that speaks to him.

Donny

Donny

NRL Player
Mar 31, 2010
jarro65 said:
Could it be possible we're not keen on Petero anymore because we're chasing one of The Storms frontrowers ?

Tolman and Blair are bound to be cut for next season

I've herd Tolman is almost certainly a Bulldog in 2011. [eusa_eh

We dont need anymore backrowers and Blair is a backrower so i hope we arnt going for hime. [icon_thumbs_do

Lima could be a good buy depending on his price.
[icon_wink

Big Pete

Big Pete

International Captain
Mar 12, 2008
I reckon if the Broncos changed their colours to Green and Gold, I'd rather sign Tate given that's the only jersey he seems to play well in...

oh and the Maroon on the odd occasion.

Failing that, I just dislike Gasnier. It's like Watmough, yeah he's talented...but f**k that.

L

lyn

QCup Player
May 6, 2008
Big Pete said:
I reckon if the Broncos changed their colours to Green and Gold, I'd rather sign Tate given that's the only jersey he seems to play well in...

oh and the Maroon on the odd occasion.

Failing that, I just dislike Gasnier. It's like Watmough, yeah he's talented...but f**k that.
Tate plays best in the Maroon IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• davidp
  • Lostboy
  • Sproj
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Santa
  • Fitzy
  • Foordy
  • I bleed Maroon
  • broncsgoat
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.