Player Movements & Rumours 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.
N

nopatience101

NRL Captain
Mar 4, 2008
jarro65 said:
If Cronk is supposedly on the radar then you could almost say that Hunt isn't really in our plans anymore.

I can't see them dropping Wallace anytime soon.
Hunt is in the Broncos plans, he only signed a new 2 year deal last month.

jarro65

jarro65

State of Origin Rep
Jun 26, 2008
nopatience101 said:
jarro65 said:
If Cronk is supposedly on the radar then you could almost say that Hunt isn't really in our plans anymore.

I can't see them dropping Wallace anytime soon.
Hunt is in the Broncos plans, he only signed a new 2 year deal last month.

Yeah i realise that ....

... so why would we chase Cronk when we have Wallace/Hunt in the mix ?

I'm a Cronk fan though so don't think i'm concerned if we get him anyway icon_thumbs_u

A

Aeetee

State of Origin Rep
Mar 4, 2008
I didn't know you spelt Cronk: I N G L I S eusa_think

[icon_wink

S

Smithdom

BRL Player
Mar 18, 2008
http://www.theaustralian.com.au/news/sp ... 5864257215

In good news for Brisbane, it appears almost certain to regain the services of Test prop Ben Hannant next year, with the Titans yesterday admitting they had given up hope of signing the Bulldogs star.

A third stint at Red Hill looks to be a foregone conclusion for Hannant given his publicly stated desire to return to south-east Queensland in 2011.

jarro65

jarro65

State of Origin Rep
Jun 26, 2008
I hope they get Petero as well.

He'd be so good for our younger forwards to learn from.

S

showcaseofstars2010

U18 Player
May 8, 2010
The rumor for this year coming from a member of Lockies management team was that his decision to stay on in REP football was a last minute descision and that he has a permenant spot on the Footy Show as of next year...the next fatty??? maybe not...maybe?!

lynx000

lynx000

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Jul 28, 2008
Needs to put on weight if that is the case. :)

P

Prince Langer

NYC Player
Mar 13, 2008
Well i would like to send out a heart felt plea to the following to be involved in the club for next season to ensure Locky is sent out the same way as Webcke.

Players ;
Civo
Hannant
Neck Brace
S. Berrigan

Staff ;
Wayne Bennett
Gordan Tallis

Though with the latter 2 i would imagine this would only occur if Cullen stepped down.

P

Prince Langer

NYC Player
Mar 13, 2008
Aeetee said:
I didn't know you spelt Cronk: I N G L I S eusa_think

[icon_wink

I personally would rather we field 12 players than have Inglis come to the club.
He is the laziest player i have ever seen play the game.

The Broncos only need 1 of the 4 from Melbourne - Slater.
Perhaps also Smith to a certain extent but i think Mcculough will overtake Smith as the #1 Hooker in the game within the next 5 years.

Bucking Beads

Bucking Beads

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
Prince Langer said:
Well i would like to send out a heart felt plea to the following to be involved in the club for next season to ensure Locky is sent out the same way as Webcke.

Players ;
Civo
Hannant
Neck Brace
S. Berrigan

Staff ;
Wayne Bennett
Gordan Tallis

Though with the latter 2 i would imagine this would only occur if Cullen stepped down.

Tate Please no.

Bennett and Tallis hate each other!!

Charmamba

Charmamba

Life is a Fantasy League
Jan 9, 2011
Bucking Beads said:
[quote="Prince Langer":26q0ofap]Well i would like to send out a heart felt plea to the following to be involved in the club for next season to ensure Locky is sent out the same way as Webcke.

Players ;
Civo
Hannant
Neck Brace
S. Berrigan

Staff ;
Wayne Bennett
Gordan Tallis

Tate Please no.

Bennett and Tallis hate each other!![/quote:26q0ofap]

Benny,Tate,Berro

Thats a Step back imo... LOVE BERRO but his time is done let him finish his career in England.

Nashy

Nashy

Immortal
Senior Staff
Mar 5, 2008
I'd rather lose than have the has beens back in the club.

Nashy

Nashy

Immortal
Senior Staff
Mar 5, 2008
Also. What's the go with Tallis and Bennett?

F

Flutterby

International
Mar 5, 2008
I think it started publically when Bennett had the secret negotiations with the Roosters. And Tallis basically came out and said that Bennett had always spoken of loyalty and commitment to the Broncos to his players etc etc etc; and Tallis felt that Bennett's actions in that regard was basically him being a hypocrit. I think there is a heap of other stuff between the 2 of them, but that was the moment Gorden publically turned on Bennett.

N

nopatience101

NRL Captain
Mar 4, 2008
they didnt have the best relationship toward the back end of his captaincy, and then the clean out at the start of 06' further strained things.

Big Pete

Big Pete

International Captain
Mar 12, 2008
I can understand it if the mods feel this is inappropriate but a few of my family members attended a function back in 2006 where Tallis spoke openly about his strong opinion of Bennett. At the time the Broncos weren't doing so well and Tallis had stated his time was up.

I get the feeling, Tallis and his coaches barely get a long though, he was extremely critical of another coach of his in Brian Smith.

As for Bennett, reading his biography he doesn't seem to have a problem with Tallis. He did seem to suggest he was a bit of a loose cannon, but he certainly respected Gorden and how he carried himself.

Also in his book, Wayne hinted that Tallis played a strong part in him not being accepted up in North Queensland. Apparently he was all set to join the Cowboys until the CEO met with the board, a board that happened to include Tallis at the time and suddenly the Cowboys went from insanely interested to not interested in a heart beat.

I don't know what it's over...wasn't their an issue involving Gorden's last game at Townsville?

It's a shame though, my all time favourite player and coach don't get along.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Unread

Active Now

• Brocko
  • Financeguy
  • Sproj
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • Dash
  • Fitzy
  • Accept
  • Bucking Beads
  • phoenix
  • BroncosAlways
  • Waynesaurus
  • Redfern_1980
  • Shane Tronc
  • Robboi_321
  • Manofoneway
  • winslow_wong
  • Dony Eliakim
  • johnny plath
  • FACTHUNT
... and 8 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.