Player Movements & Rumours 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's fairly close, but I've seen Tate pull off more incredible things in the Green and Gold.

Still can't believe the try he scored against the Kiwis in the 1st Tri Nations game in 2005...90m and he beats the entire Kiwi side while running down and beside the sideline.

I still recall people wanted him dropped after his best Origin game...

7 news said Broncos out of running for Petero.

Damn that sucks big time nopatience. Did they say why?

I could only guess it's because he's old as shit, and there are far better options available..?

Probably has more to do with Penrith offering much more money than the Broncos!

Bucking Beads said:
Probably has more to do with Penrith offering much more money than the Broncos!

Well it definitely can't be because he enjoys living here...

Maybe they think the players we have in the forwards and the depth we have will be enough to do the job. Signing Petero along with Hannant may push another young forward out of the club.

godammit. I wanted Petero back so bad :(

pennywisealfie said:
godammit. I wanted Petero back so bad :(

so did i, i thought he would be very valuable at developing the young forwards at our club

Damn, would have been rad to have Petero back at the club.

Would have been nice to see him run out in Broncos colours again, but if it means we get Hannant then I'm all for it. Civo would have probably been with us for a swansong, 1 season, MAYBE 2. Hopefully we can get Hannant for a longer period.

i think petch would have been ideal. we could bring through mcguire/hala etc and they will be ready to go by the time petero retires. rather than paying ben hannant massive salary for the rest of his career.

PENRITH will today announce the re-signing of their captain, Petero Civoniceva. The Queensland and Australian prop is in the final year of his original deal with the Panthers, who have been battling with the player's former club - Brisbane - to win his services for the next two years.

Penrith have come out on top, with Civoniceva agreeing to stay. The deal means Civoniceva, who is still at the top of his game despite turning 34 last month, will still be playing first grade at 36. A media conference has been called for this morning at CUA Stadium.

http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/leag ... -uuxd.html

seems it is going to be official in the morning that we have missed out on signing Civoniceva. having said that the SMH have had a bad run of late, recently the said Setu had signed with the Roosters with immediate effect after being released by us only to be named in our team that day and is still being named in our team. they also stated that Locky would be retiring from Rep footy 6 hours before he said he was playing on. (while all other news sources gave the right story)

Just on the news that he's resigning for 2 years down there. Bugger.

ps. I may or may have not said that the Broncos should try sign Tim Mannah at all costs. Look how good he's going now [icon_razz1

I agree with those that wanted Petero back. He would've been a massive boost for our stocks both on and off the field.

I really hope we tried hard to get him .... he deserves our utmost respect.

Now, who else will we get to partner Hannant ? Or will the Slater/Inglis rumour gain more momentum now ?? eusa_think

Hanant, has Kenny to partner him. Surely that is a good enough pair of starting props!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Foordy
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Ffs...
  • Robboi_321
  • Howie
  • GCBRONCO
  • Harry Sack
  • Stix
  • Bongo
  • Kev_Guz
  • LittleDavey
  • Johnny92
  • broncsgoat
  • mrslong
  • Skyblues87
  • Battler
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • Dash
... and 2 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.