Player Movements & Rumours 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.
Coxy said:
draggx said:
Scotty said:
Comparing Gallen and Hodges is laughable. Hodges sledges and gets under the skin of the opposition, Gallen is a cheap shot merchant and a grub.quote]

IMO Gallen just hasnt learnt how to control it yet

A lobotomy would help.

I thought he already had one being born in NSW

Browny said:
Coxy said:
draggx said:
Scotty said:
Comparing Gallen and Hodges is laughable. Hodges sledges and gets under the skin of the opposition, Gallen is a cheap shot merchant and a grub.quote]

IMO Gallen just hasnt learnt how to control it yet

A lobotomy would help.

I thought he already had one being born in NSW

That's castration.

nope Willie can go join the WWE or something.

We need Thurston, Mason, Gallen and Bird, then lots of pictures of Coxy's face.

Dont bother, found a pic already

30112_6lo.jpg

http://www.townsvillebulletin.com.au/ar ... wboys.html

Thurston negotiations won't be rushed

JOSH ALSTON

January 4th, 2010

OFFICIAL talks to keep Cowboys skipper Johnathan Thurston in the NRL will ramp up again this week with his manager Sam Ayoub to meet with executive Peter Parr when he returns from holidays.

The Brisbane Broncos are also looking to make a play for the services of the Australian halfback, who has been linked to a number or NRL clubs as well as domestic and overseas rugby union.

Ayoub reiterated both his and Thurston's desire to keep the talks private and said a final decision would not be rushed.

But he said talks with all parties were progressing well, despite reports yesterday that the ARU was not interested in a bidding war for Thurston's services.

''That makes me laugh, given the approaches and discussions we've had with certain people, but I've got no further comment at this stage,'' Ayoub said.

''To be honest, Johnathan is overseas and I'm not worried about a thing.

''He's on a break, it's everyone else who is more worried about it than we are.''

Cowboys pre-season training commences again today although Thurston will not take to the field again until next week after being granted a break after a taxing year of representative football.

Thurston has been linked with a number of NRL clubs including his former team the Bulldogs and Ayoub confirmed they will hold talks with the Broncos at the end of the week.

The Cowboys star will give his current club the final chance to counter-offer anything the rival clubs throw on the table, but Ayoub was keeping his cards close to his chest as to who those clubs - and codes - are.

''I'm not going to comment on who we're talking to and what stage or what level they're at because everything gets dramatised or blown out of proportion,'' he said.

''We're happy with the discussions we're having with all parties and that includes the Cowboys.

''At the end of week he'll be coming back and we'll be sitting down to discuss further options presently available to him.

''That includes discussions with the Broncos and we'll also be meeting with Parrie when he returns from holidays at the end of the week.''

OMG this would be so fucking epic.

**** yes, that would be an awesome buy, please get thurston. An awesome halfback/five eight is worth every dollar.

As long as we don't pay too much for him. He's one of the best players in the world, but paying more than 600K for any player is too much.

600k is too much of course.
About what ever lockyer is currently on before he resigns is what Thurston would be worth + a bit more because salary cap increased since than.

If he's willing to play for $300K it'd be OK to have him replace Lockyer at five-eighth.

Wallace is a far better HALFBACK.

If Thurston comes to the Broncos he would have to play 5/8.

I can see Wallace and Thurston being awesome together tbh.

5/8th or halfback, who cares?? JUST MAKE IT HAPPEN!!!!

But in typical Bruno style we'll let 5 or 6 other decent players go and buy crap heads from other clubs like Teo and Setu.

Coxy said:
But in typical Bruno style we'll let 5 or 6 other decent players go and buy crap heads from other clubs like Teo and Setu.
It's worth it for a halfback/5/8, it's not worth it for a winger/centre. Lockyer is worth every dollar he's on because good halves are very hard to find, good centres/wingers are fairly easy.

broncospwn said:
Coxy said:
It's worth it for a halfback/5/8, it's not worth it for a winger/centre. Lockyer is worth every dollar he's on because good halves are very hard to find, good centres/wingers are fairly easy.

Actually I don't necessarily believe that to be true when there are quality options available at the club that the Broncos can utilise like they have now with Peter Wallace, Tim Smith and Ben Hunt and even more so when key problem areas exist like in the frontrow that need attention and the retention of quality players is important or do all those out there moaning about the talent that has left in recent years forget? If we were in a situation where the club didn't have any or less potential in the halves then yes I would tend to agree more but thats not really the case here. Does this mean I'm against signing Thurston if the opportunity came not necessarily, but there are more things to consider then just how good he is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Bucking Beads
  • Broncorob
  • broncos4life
  • cento
  • Tim K
  • Maddy
  • Astro
  • davidp
  • Fitzy
  • Johnny92
  • winslow_wong
  • Lostboy
  • Mustafur
  • BroncosFan_Corey
  • KateBroncos1812
  • GCBRONCO
  • Aldo
  • broncsgoat
  • dasherhalo
... and 15 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.