Player Movements & Rumours 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mister Wright

Mister Wright

NRL Captain
Jun 8, 2009
Honestly, if Falou hasn't announced that he's going somewhere else by now, it's a good chance he's staying at the Broncos. Not saying it's a definite, but it's looking a lot better than it was 2 weeks ago.

C

Coxy

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
The Rock said:
No news is good news.

Pffft. Hello! Earth calling! There's this thing coming up called ORIGIN. Folau wants to play ORIGIN. He is concerned that if he announces he's going then he won't be picked for said ORIGIN.

Ergo, he will hold off announcing until after ORIGIN.

Bruno should not wait. Sign someone else. Folau's made his (ginormous) bed, he can lie in it.

Charmamba

Charmamba

Life is a Fantasy League
Jan 9, 2011
ah wiki are quick, They deleted my update right away :|

All i said was "given his form in the NRL right now it is unlikely that Brisbane would release him"

A

Assassin

NYC Player
Nov 11, 2008
falou is gone for 2011 people... if you think otherwise you are far to nieve

N

nelly77

U18 Player
Aug 7, 2009
Assassin said:
falou is gone for 2011 people... if you think otherwise you are far to nieve

[eusa_clap.gi Well said champ. As far as I'm concerned, it is a disgrace the way Folau is behaving and holding the club to ransom. I am really hoping he doesn't get picked for Qld - as it is obvious he is only holding off announcing his move to the Rebels until after the team is announced.

As I said, disgraceful and he doesn't deserved to be selected. No Rugby Yawnion traitor does...

F

Flutterby

International
Mar 5, 2008
What about picking Lote? He went to union so can easily be labeled a traitor in the same way? His form this season probably warrants his selection - and esp if they don't pick Issy. As far as I am concerned whilst you have a current Rugby League contract you should be eligible to be selected for any RL representative teams you qualify for.

Porthoz

Porthoz

International Captain
Senior Staff
Feb 27, 2010
It's probably been mentioned somewhere in the previous pages, but I don't get how people can blame Folau for entertaining the idea of earning twice as much in a different code. I can't imagine anyone saying outright NO to such an offer in any line of work!

The fact that he is weighing it up is proof that he doesn't really want to leave in my opinion, so I hope the Broncos are really looking at an upgraded contract to keep him, because if he's already killing it now, imagine him in another couple of years!

If Hannant signs, the rest of the cap should be first spent making sure we keep our brilliant youngsters, especially Gillett, McCullough, Hunt and Norman.

L

lyn

QCup Player
May 6, 2008
It's expected that tomorrow there will be an article saying we have signed Hannant for 1.2mil on a 4 year deal. (Sorry of this has already been said)

I'm very very happy with this signing. I'm actually really surprised that we managed to sign him for 300k a year if that figure is correct.

ningnangnong

ningnangnong

HACK THE PLANET!!!
Forum Staff
Mar 5, 2008
300K a year would represent pretty decent value IMO.

He's one of the best props in the game at the moment. Will provide a massive boost to the team next season.

Kimlo

Kimlo

International Captain
Senior Staff
Apr 26, 2008
He's a bargain for 300k.
Best prop in the game with plenty of years in him.

Alec

Alec

International Rep
Mar 4, 2008
Yeah, 300K is fantastic value for him. Props seem to be underpayed compared to outside backs these days.

D

ddd

NRL Player
May 14, 2009
Tell you what, not unhappy with 300k for Hannant, for an Australian level prop being "tied up" for 4 years, not a bad deal, could have paid more - if this is true

pennywisealfie

pennywisealfie

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
300k is awesome, happy with that

P

PETERN

QCup Player
Nov 2, 2009
Doesn't that leave another 'hear say 500k'? Excluding the departure of other players...?

L

lyn

QCup Player
May 6, 2008
PETERN said:
Doesn't that leave another 'hear say 500k'? Excluding the departure of other players...?
Yea, you would think so...

I can see that money going towards re-signing Folau or getting someone like Inglis/Slater/Tate etc then using the lil bit left over to top up some youngsters contracts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Sproj
  • Xzei
  • Skathen
  • Locky's Left Boot
  • KickHaas
  • azza.79
  • The Strapper
  • Lostboy
  • Santa
  • Brotherdu
  • Battler
  • Fozz
  • broncs30
  • Johnny92
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.