Player Movements / Rumours 2011/2012

Bucking Beads

Bucking Beads

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
They already signed Anasta as well. Interesting to see what they do.

ningnangnong

ningnangnong

HACK THE PLANET!!!
Forum Staff
Mar 5, 2008
Forgot about that. If they signed Pearce, you'd imagine Anasta would be in the team as a ball-playing lock... could work out quite well.

Fozz

Fozz

International Captain
Senior Staff
Mar 4, 2008
Sironen looks the goods, why bother signing Mythchell? They need outside backs not halves. Sironen, Humble and Moltzen can play in the halves.

Ari Gold

Ari Gold

Master Baiter
Contributor
Mar 13, 2008
That's the only response you have to anything I say. Use your brain dickhead, look at the Tigers side and tell me who could be on big dosh. Farah, Marshall, Lawrence, Tuqiri and Blair. The rest? Ha! Galloway and Heighinhton might be on something decent if lucky. The rest of them are no more than average to good footballers who wouldn't be on shit. Utai? Lol. Ryan? Lol. Ayshford? Lol. Fulton? Lol. Woods? Lol. Bell? Lol. BMM? Lol. .

Whilst he wouldn't be on a lot, your description of him being average to good is off the mark IMO.

I do agree the Tigers can afford Pearce though. Tuqiri SHOULD be shown the door at season's end, Gareth Ellis (who would be on good money) is off home and Simon Dwyer (who signed an extension for decent money) had to be let go. I reckon Heighington might leave as well - he almost did last year and I don't think he's signed long term?

That said, I agree whole-heartedly that Sironen looks to have the goods and with Anasta already a second option Pearce would be a bizarre signing.

Porthoz

Porthoz

International Captain
Senior Staff
Feb 27, 2010
I agree totally, it adds nothing to the discussion and I shouldn't have called him a dickhead.

But having a dig at someone by saying they are a Tigers/Roosters/Bulldogs/Raiders purely because they put a debate forward which backs up that particular club, is also unnecessary and adds nothing to the discussion.
Next you're going to say you felt offended by Beads calling you a Tigers lover... :lol:

Bucking Beads

Bucking Beads

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
I don't feel the need to go through a teams squad and put a LOL after each name to make a point. My opinion is that the Tigers surely can't afford Pearce on top of the players they have already got and signed for next year. Obviously if they let go a few maybe it can happen. Also it is clear you have a love affair with the Tigers so that is a relevant point when talking about them.

Qlder

Qlder

May 29, 2012
Fark me "The Rock" you're a real piece of work aren't ya....Put ya tampon back in and get on with it sister.

T

The Brizz

Deactivated
Mar 4, 2008
Pearce is very average at best, for the amount they would have to pay to lure him I cannot see why you would bother. You could probably get Shaun Johnson, Peter Wallace, Jarrod Mullen and Adam Reynolds for less or similar money and you would get more upside to your footy team with all of them.

T

The Brizz

Deactivated
Mar 4, 2008
I think it is just the last name that would be tempting the Tigers really, he would be great PR for the Balmain half of the club. He has a poor kicking game for a 7, his passing game is good not great, he very rarely runs the footy and when he does he doesn't ask questions the only thing I would give him a big plus for is he is tough and defends well for a guy of his size. If they want someone who would help Benji I would look at a Josh McCrone type of player, not a great defender but great running game, solid kicking and passing game and in general you get a pretty good idea week to week what you get from him. He does struggle without Campese but I think that is because he isn't a dominant player or personality. They have Benji and Farah who are the leaders he would be the ideal foil for the Tigers and would be about half the price.

Kaz

Kaz

State of Origin Captain
Mar 5, 2008
Rumours are that the Bulldogs are trying to offload, Eastwood & Stagg.

Stagg could be Newcastle bound.

Bucking Beads

Bucking Beads

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
Looks like James Segeyaro could be off to Penrith. Good signing if true but strange move by him to go.

Bucking Beads

Bucking Beads

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
Money. And lots of it I'd imagine.

But he signed for the team that is supposed to be having Salary cap dramas. Also he was pretty close to be number 1 hooker for the cowboys as well.

Bucking Beads

Bucking Beads

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
Segeyaro to the Panthers for 3 years according to Twitter.

Alec

Alec

International Rep
Mar 4, 2008
Dunno if I would have done that. If he's not better than Aaron Payne now, he will be in the very near future. A lot younger too.

C

Coxy

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
Dunno if I would have done that. If he's not better than Aaron Payne now, he will be in the very near future. A lot younger too.

He's definitely a lot younger than Payne now :P

Big Pete

Big Pete

International Captain
Mar 12, 2008
Panthers recruitment has been exquisite, Gus knows talent.

Huge loss for the Cowboys. Nobody in their 20s can replace Segs & Payne should be given his marching orders after this season. I reckon this all but confirms Thompson's move into dummy half.

Bucking Beads

Bucking Beads

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
Rumours Sam Perrett could be off to the Dogs this year and Anthony Mitchell could be off to the Cowboys this year.

C

Coxy

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
Bred Not Bought!
jug58j.jpg

Unread

Active Now

• Morkel
  • Culhwch
  • Jazza
  • Wolfie
  • Dash
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.