Player Movements / Rumours 2011/2012

Ari Gold

Ari Gold

Master Baiter
Contributor
Mar 13, 2008
Rumour has it he will be released so he can play for the sharks this year. Panthers have already hit the limit on their salary cap so can't bring any new players into the squad, so releasing gordon would give them a bit of breathing room

How is it even possible for them to be near the cap. That's like me winning Lotto and saying I spent it all on furniture, then seeing stuff from the reject shop in my house.

And speaking of shopping at the reject shop, that's exactly what the Tigers have done.

C

Coxy

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
How is it even possible for them to be near the cap. That's like me winning Lotto and saying I spent it all on furniture, then seeing stuff from the reject shop in my house.

And speaking of shopping at the reject shop, that's exactly what the Tigers have done.

Nice
arrested-development-segway.jpg

Big Pete

Big Pete

International Captain
Mar 12, 2008
I don't mind both signings actually, as long as they came on the cheap.

Both players have potential but were either affected by bad coaching (Thompson) or didn't kick on in a complacent environment (Pettybourne).

Reckon the loss of Thompson reflects poorly on the Titans. Another one of their star 'rookies' they've talked up since before their inception and he's had to leave because his career is going nowhere fast.

In saying all that, will they adequately replace Ellis? Survey says....No.

Ari Gold

Ari Gold

Master Baiter
Contributor
Mar 13, 2008
I'll concede that Pettybourne has shown some promising glimpses in the past, but I struggle to even recall a single moment where I thought, gee, that Bodene Thompson kid has potential.

Big Pete

Big Pete

International Captain
Mar 12, 2008
Thought he had a couple of promising games off the bench for the Tits in 2010 & he was one of the better juniors coming through.

Worth a punt IMO.

Porthoz

Porthoz

International Captain
Senior Staff
Feb 27, 2010
You often see players going from fringe first graders to world beaters after moving to a different team. Not saying that it will be the case here, but I do recognise potential in both players. (more so Pettybourne)

Jeba

Jeba

International
Mar 4, 2008
Thompson is shit. It never ceases to amaze me when I see him playing first grade. Gives hope to anybody really.

Big Pete

Big Pete

International Captain
Mar 12, 2008
I like it too Rocky.

Dogs lack that combination of speed & size out-wide. Inu is the right fit because Des is the right coach.

Kimlo

Kimlo

International Captain
Senior Staff
Apr 26, 2008
It's a GREAT signing for the dogs.
They've had like 3-4 of their top line backs injured long term, Inu is going to be fantastic for their depth. Inu is talented no doubt about it he's just a douche. I reckon he's the sort of player who might just flourish under Des' coaching.

He is also a goal kicking option and they've lost two of their top line goal kickers. They would have got him for relatively cheap, if he comes good then they got a bargain.

C

Coxy

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
It's a GREAT signing for the dogs.
They've had like 3-4 of their top line backs injured long term, Inu is going to be fantastic for their depth. Inu is talented no doubt about it he's just a douche. I reckon he's the sort of player who might just flourish under Des' coaching.

He is also a goal kicking option and they've lost two of their top line goal kickers. They would have got him for relatively cheap, if he comes good then they got a bargain.

People said the same about Inu when he went to Cleary. Cleary's reputation to work with polynesian players etc. How did that work out for him?

I think Inu is a fatally flawed human being when it comes to playing sport at the highest level. Has a heart the size of a pea.

Big Pete

Big Pete

International Captain
Mar 12, 2008
Was going to post a transfer list for everyone but then somebody pointed me out to this cool website that keeps track of all of it.

If you were in the dark like me, here it is...

http://www.zerotackle.com.au/

Really handy site if you want to play arm-chair coach.

Big Pete

Big Pete

International Captain
Mar 12, 2008
Dean Whare to Penrith on a 2 year deal.

Whare & Brown, not bad Panthers. Not bad at all.

Professor47

Professor47

NRL Player
Mar 5, 2008
Panthers are trying to roster up hard. Gus is a busy man.

Talkback radio claims that WB is trying to do the same thing. Not sure how reliable the source is.

Bucking Beads

Bucking Beads

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
All these clubs signing players yet the Broncos keep losing players and getting weaker.. Of course Jennings would be needed at Souths, are the centres they have got really much chop?? I'll be surprised if Tamou leaves the Cowboys.

Active Now

• Broncosarethebest
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Maroon4life
  • Shane Tronc
  • Dash
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.