Player Movements / Rumours 2011/2012

Porthoz

Porthoz

International Captain
Senior Staff
Feb 27, 2010
Omar Slaimankhel appears to be on the market at the moment, and although Maranta and especially Whitchurch seem to be real handy players as backup, this youngster is a star in the making and could become a very handy commodity after we loose Beale and while Yow Yeh isn't back to his best...

Broncoman

Broncoman

State of Origin Rep
Oct 9, 2011
The talk about JT going to Penrith is crap it won't be happening. JT is a cowboy at heart and I can't see him playing anywhere else.

Clintos

Clintos

State of Origin Rep
Apr 8, 2008
JT will go to the highest bidder - no doubt about it. He's the type IMO.

The only reason he won't is if he sees a realistic chance to win a premiership - but that's still not necessarily the Cowboys. I can definitely see him leaving.

QUEENSLANDER

QUEENSLANDER

NRL Captain
Mar 4, 2008
JT will go to the highest bidder - no doubt about it. He's the type IMO.

The only reason he won't is if he sees a realistic chance to win a premiership - but that's still not necessarily the Cowboys. I can definitely see him leaving.

What do you base this on? He would've been offered more money over the years at other clubs than what the cowboys were paying but he has stayed.

jarro65

jarro65

State of Origin Rep
Jun 26, 2008
Wasn't he thinking about a switch to Union a few years ago ?

Hamm.0

Hamm.0

NRL Captain
Mar 5, 2008
What do you base this on? He would've been offered more money over the years at other clubs than what the cowboys were paying but he has stayed.

+1. He has fielded offers from Union and southern clubs before but chose to stay in NQ.

Years ago we had a thread debating this on BHQ, IMO at another club, JT would already have another ring besides the one he got at the Dogs.

Bucking Beads

Bucking Beads

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
So the Dogs are keen on Folau apparently..

Big Pete

Big Pete

International Captain
Mar 12, 2008
Richard Fa'aoso is off to Manly for 2 years and not Melbourne as expected.

And the guy who ran down Gagai in the Juniors game (Martin Taupau) is staying at the Dogs.

Dexter

Dexter

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Mar 26, 2008
Ah, wondering why we hadn't seen him on the field.

Alec

Alec

International Rep
Mar 4, 2008
+1. He has fielded offers from Union and southern clubs before but chose to stay in NQ.

Years ago we had a thread debating this on BHQ, IMO at another club, JT would already have another ring besides the one he got at the Dogs.

Didn't he give his ring to Price?

OXY-351

OXY-351

NRL Player
Oct 1, 2008
Do mid season player changes annoy anyone else? It seems like there has been a lot more over recent years. I think a player should at least play out the current season at the club, even if they want to leave mid contract.

C

Coxy

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
Do mid season player changes annoy anyone else? It seems like there has been a lot more over recent years. I think a player should at least play out the current season at the club, even if they want to leave mid contract.

Absolutely. I don't mind the odd release for personal or disciplinary reasons, but it seems like clubs and players change their minds midseason for no apparent reason. It was bad enough that contracts got cut short a year or two early, but to get cut midseason is just annoying.

Big Pete

Big Pete

International Captain
Mar 12, 2008
It can be annoying but I don't mind it where a team is using a mid-season transfer to plug an injury or problem area.

Here's a list of transfers...

Krisnan Inu - Bulldogs
Sam Perrett - Bulldogs
Mitch Brown - Bulldogs
Drury Low - Bulldogs
Sandor Earl - Raiders
Shane Shackleton - Panthers
Kane Morgan - Panthers
Nafe Seluini - Roosters
Anthony Mitchell - Cowboys
Albert Kelly - Knights (now released)
Willie Mason - Knights
Dane Gagai - Knights
Luke Kelly - Eels
Ray Cashmere - Tigers
Masada Iosefa - Tigers

Could be missing a few but the majority were brought into fix areas clubs were short in & has made for a more competitive competition which is great to see.

Then again, I hate seeing too many transfers in general because I believe a big part of a club's identity is their playing roster. So like transfers in general I hope teams are encouraged to develop their own talent and this is seen as a last resort type measure.

Mister Wright

Mister Wright

NRL Captain
Jun 8, 2009
I've got no problem with players leaving clubs mid season. It happens in pretty much every other competition in the world. What I have an issue with is players saying that an end of season recruiting period can't happen because they don't have enough time to relocate their families, etc. Give me a break. Players are playing for one team one week and another team the next week.

Broncoman

Broncoman

State of Origin Rep
Oct 9, 2011
Who do you think Luke Lewis will sign too?. I think Wests or Parra would be the favourites to take him there is no need for Cronulla to have him.

Unread

Active Now

• GCBRONCO
  • Jedhead
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.