Player Movements / Rumours 2011/2012

Matt Elliott to coach the Warriors. Seems a sideways step from McLennan at best.

Warriors had a crack at almost every good coach they could. I think even SHeens was a better option for them.

Bellamy to Elliott.

It's like going from a mansion to being homeless.

Elliott should stick to media, I actually enjoy hearing his views on the game.

As a coach I just find his sides completely boring to watch and I'm honestly worried about the Warrior's future if they let him stick around long enough.

I'm happy to see where it goes, Elliott just might be the structure they need. He was ok at Canberra and I think you can forget he went around at Penriiff. They blamed him and got Cleary who had as bad a year as you can get and are now having a player cleanout.

I hope he does well.

Although you can't help get the feeling Bellamy will be there in 2014 and the Warriors have just accepted the fact they had to pay 2 years for 1 just to get someone half decent.

Last edited:
The main reason for the clean out is because of Elliott.

tigers had about 8 coaches on the hit list . NRL and Superleague . wonder who will coach them in 2013

Oh, I was wondering why Lewis left.

The process was occurring before his departure and Lewis couldn't handle the changes being made from Elliott's crappy gameplan so he split.

tigers had about 8 coaches on the hit list . NRL and Superleague . wonder who will coach them in 2013

Apparently parish is still the front runner, mick potter a smokie

Bryson Goodwin - Rabbitohs.

Handy depth signing.

Good for depth definitely, he isn't great but is a good finisher and not bad defensively. Maybe McGuire is going to put Everingham or Hunt into the centres which I think he should as King and Farrell were very uninspiring as a pairing neither really penetrates at all.

Scott Prince to Hull ... just gets better and better for the Titans

Probably a good thing for the Titans. Prince is always injured and it means they should keep some players that they would have lost otherwise.

Probably emergency cap relief pressure.

More like the houses stopped coming so Prince left.

Short term it's going to hurt because Sezer/Prince were beginning to form a good combination but long term GC couldn't afford to keep Prince on that 5 year deal if they wanted to be successful.

Now if they can get rid of Zillman they might be able to become genuine contenders.

If I was them, I'd throw a fair chunk of Prince's money at Sam Williams with a guaranteed starting spot.

Dave Taylor for Scott Prince....pretty dumbass trade, even if Prince is on his last legs. Halves are more important than anything else.

EDIT: Wrong thread.

Will make this post count, I don't think the Titans traded Prince for Taylor albeit that's how it appears it seems like Prince left them after they made a hefty bid at Cooper Cronk earlier in the year.

Somehow it leaves them a lot of cash even though I'm unsure how unless they were able to sign the likes of Bailey, Minichiello etc. to cheaper deals.

Last edited:
In other news it appears Bennett won't get his hands on one-ex Dragon after all with Poore signing a two year deal with Wakefield.

Active Now

• broncs30
  • Gaz
  • RodF
  • Mustafur
  • bert_lifts
  • Morkel
  • Wolfie
  • Strop
  • Gray
  • broncsgoat
  • Rookie Alan
  • Broncorob
  • Skathen
  • winslow_wong
  • porouian
  • Allo
  • simplythebest
  • Spooky1013
  • Cavalo
  • jarro65
... and 39 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.