THE COACH Poll: Should Kevin Walters be sacked?

Should the Broncos replace the coach?

• Yes

• No

• Undecided

Results are only viewable after voting.
We're going to miss the finals this year and that's going to be 3 from 4. One of those from the worst collapse in NRL history at that time.

That's not good enough. Yeah we made the GF last year. You could also argue we made the GF because of the severe lack of competition. Storm were shitting the bed and the Wahs were running out of gas.

He has 2025. That should be his last chance.

Still weird that out of pure reflex he went with Billy. Obviously both hookers, but you could’ve named anyone else and no one would’ve cared.

And what he says is true in that Billy didn’t have a bad game from what I saw outside of that idiotic challenge, but Kev has to remember that Billy will always be a point of contention just by virtue of Mozer existing. He still needs to get some help on navigating press conferences, particularly when charged with emotion, because he’ll get picked apart for any gaffe he makes.
He did talk about Marty straight after mentioning Billy. I would say he said Billy because he's the other hooker in the team, so he's basically saying both hookers were good on the night.

To me the intent of his comment was that there were a number of good individuals, but the issue is the team as a whole, so there's no real point highlighting individual players as being good on the night

We're going to miss the finals this year and that's going to be 3 from 4. One of those from the worst collapse in NRL history at that time.

That's not good enough. Yeah we made the GF last year. You could also argue we made the GF because of the severe lack of competition. Storm were shitting the bed and the Wahs were running out of gas.

He has 2025. That should be his last chance.

We went from missing the 8 to the worst collapse to miss NRL finals, to the worst choke in Grand Final history to missing the 8.

We're a team of chokers who just find ways to lose games. Up by 10 points with 20 minutes to go? Against any top 4 side, we're a good chance just to lose.

The 90's is gone. We just need to completely modernize our way of playing to keep up with the rules of that year. We need to find ways to stop teams keeping momentumn away from us like a bad game of keepaway.

We have not put a performance this year that wouldn't get us beaten convicingly by Storm/Panthers/Roosters in a finals game who are also missing a 7 or 6 long term.

I really wanted Kevvie to be the guy and we were 20 minutes away from that being a reality. Now it’s almost certain that he’s not the guy. The fear is that who are we bringing in that’s gonna be the guy. We’ve tried several coaches and it’s all gone balls up.
He doesn't have to be "the guy" but he does have to find "the guys" to be his assistants.

I didn't think it was bad at all TBH. It was more a protection of Mozer to keep his feet on the ground.
He knew the question was coming that's for sure and closed it down then did give him a wrap a bit later.
There are many ways to manage that without pushing the conversation back to how good your own kid is. That's specifically the issue with it.

Also to note, how many men are we losing next year that are part of the coaching squad and need to be replaced? This is just a disaster

I'm frankly shocked about the mozer response from Kev. That's a diabolical thing to say. The kid was getting a wrap and rightly so, back him in and give him some sun. Not make it all about your own fucking kid. That's under 12s level shit.
The most disappointing thing about last night tbh

Oh what a difference a year makes in rugby league...
Deep down I think every fan knew he wasn't a coach for drilling in fundamentals and tactics.

It's just been exposed by shithouse depth and poor attitude.

I have blown hot and cold about KW. I am leaning towards the his time is up club though. Unless we go on a run to end the season and show a marked improvement in the way we are playing, I think the club has to make a tough decision and just let him go. Otherwise we will waste another year next year.

I agree with some of the comments in this thread that by now there should be visible evidence of some structure to our play which we can fall back on when things are simply not working, or we have injuries. It is just not there and a coach in his fourth year now should have that in place.

I agree with some of the comments in this thread that by now there should be visible evidence of some structure to our play which we can fall back on when things are simply not working, or we have injuries. It is just not there and a coach in his fourth year now should have that in place.

Reyno was on the radio not long ago talking about when he first came to the club and just how little Rugby League knowledge the team had, especially the forwards.

Kevvie had a full year with them and they hadn’t learned a thing. Quite frankly, that is fucking alarming.

I’ve seen people put it down to him being too busy overhauling the roster, but that’s not a 24/7 job and that’s one of the reasons why we brought in Ikin. It’s not an excuse for the side not having some knowledge drilled into them at training.

There are many ways to manage that without pushing the conversation back to how good your own kid is. That's specifically the issue with it.
Yeah, I just didn't hear it that way.
I heard a coach trying to keep a lid on media hyping a kid who he probably has no intention of keeping in the 17.

Kevs ass coach choices will be very interesting.
I'd like to see him have the balls to hire someone like JD but I think he more than likely goes Hodges or Khunt or both

We have the cash, pay Madge and/ or Hannay a mil+ to be an assistant who basically runs the football side of things with Kev as a Meninga-like figurehead

Unless we go on a run to end the season and show a marked improvement
We have to make the finals. Otherwise the off season press will be excruciating.

Either way, the pressure will be on recruitment.

First up, two new assistant coaches, of which one must be a household name. Hannay, Thorn, etc.

Next we need depth in second row, including at least one who's a mobile ball player of the Capewell mold. Then we need to look at culling some suspect wood. That might include Madden, Leota, Baker, Hunt and Gosiewski.

We need to extend Walsh and Mozer, and not break the bank. Decision to be made on Karapani.

Then we have to start the 2025 strongly. Say 5 wins from the first 6.

If not, the knives will be out for Kevvie before the first Origin.

Reyno was on the radio not long ago talking about when he first came to the club and just how little Rugby League knowledge the team had, especially the forwards.

Kevvie had a full year with them and they hadn’t learned a thing. Quite frankly, that is fucking alarming.

I’ve seen people put it down to him being too busy overhauling the roster, but that’s not a 24/7 job and that’s one of the reasons why we brought in Ikin. It’s not an excuse for the side not having some knowledge drilled into them at training.
hopefully we can bring in assistants that can maximise the benefits of having Reynolds around.

We have the cash, pay Madge and/ or Hannay a mil+ to be an assistant who basically runs the football side of things with Kev as a Meninga-like figurehead

With our pack and Madge’s disciplined style and his style of play, he could be a god send for us if he wanted to be an assistant. Or even give him the head coach role.

He won his premiership on the back of what he did with that Souths pack. He could do wonders with ours.

Active Now

• marw
  • Behind enemy lines
  • Waynesaurus
  • scobie
  • broncos4life
  • Aldo
  • Gaz
  • Xarr
  • Shane Tronc
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.