THE COACH Poll: Should Kevin Walters be sacked?

Should the Broncos replace the coach?

• Yes

• No

• Undecided

Results are only viewable after voting.
Stuck between giving Kev the BOTD for injuries this year or reading the riot act to him.
Injuries have absolutely derailed our season, but looking at the few seasons he has coached us, the GF run seems to be the anomaly. Maybe everything just came together for that one season?

Maybe the improvement in players was mostly down to Reynolds? Grim if so.

Sydney Roosters under Trent Robinson went from minor premiers in 2015 to finishing 2nd last in 2016 (including losing 6 in a row).

2017 they were 2nd again, and then in 2018/19 went on to win back to back premierships. Sometimes shit happens, even under "decent" coaches.
Didn't they get Tedesco and Cronk in the meantime though.

That'd be like us finishing last this year then getting Ponga and Cleary. Hardly equivalent.

Didn't they get Tedesco and Cronk in the meantime though.

That'd be like us finishing last this year then getting Ponga and Cleary. Hardly equivalent.
It's equivalent in the fact that teams can have crap seasons under "decent" coaches, even after a successful year. I would say with our injuries, Kevvie has more of an excuse then Robinson did.

Also they only got Cronk and Tedesco in 2018, so those jumps from 1st (2015) to 15th (2016) to 2nd (2017) was done without them.

Sydney Roosters under Trent Robinson went from minor premiers in 2015 to finishing 2nd last in 2016 (including losing 6 in a row).

2017 they were 2nd again, and then in 2018/19 went on to win back to back premierships. Sometimes shit happens, even under "decent" coaches.
Compared to our 4 year period of
14th
9th when choked and missed top 8
2nd and lost from a winnable position
This season miss the 8 and probably finish bottom 4.
You are comparing Apples with Oranges.

Ouch, but in the true spirt of nonsense sprouted by nobodies, I hope that management is planning on doing a very thorough season review quite quickly after the season ends. I hope that this:

(a) Is done by somebody independent of the club.
(b) Is done by somebody that has good knowledge of the game and is just not a HR flog. Although one HR flog and one experienced RL person would be fine.
(c) Includes probing exit interviews with all staff that are leaving with a particular focus on the coaching staff.
(d) Includes probing interviews with the player leadership group, one on one, with the understanding going in that all views expressed will be kept anonymous.

If there is a genuine belief bubbling under the surface at the club that KW is not the coach to take us to an extended period of success, I want that brought to the surface and addressed. I am sick of treading water and waiting for the good days to return. Two GF appearances in 17 years is not good enough for this club with its history. No winning GF since 2006 is doubly so.

Bring back Bernie Powers !

Compared to our 4 year period of
14th
9th when choked and missed top 8
2nd and lost from a winnable position
This season miss the 8 and probably finish bottom 4.
You are comparing Apples with Oranges.
I am comparing teams going from a successful season to a crappy season. The point is valid againt your statement "Finally, despite the injuries, does anyone really think that we would have lost 6 in a row with a decent coach?"

The answer is yes. It's happened to many good coaches before.

Also it is very ignorantly selective in how people are now quoting our 2021 and 2022 results as a bash against Kevvie.

Does no one remeber where we started from? 3 wins and -356 differential in 2020. The fact that we improved at the rate we did is a miracle.

I am comparing teams going from a successful season to a crappy season. The point is valid againt your statement "Finally, despite the injuries, does anyone really think that we would have lost 6 in a row with a decent coach?"

The answer is yes. It's happened to many good coaches before.
Cmon now you are making too much sense,join the rabble and toss your toys out the cot!

Also it is very ignorantly selective in how people are now quoting our 2021 and 2022 results as a bash against Kevvie.

Does no one remeber where we started from? 3 wins and -356 differential in 2020. The fact that we improved at the rate we did is a miracle.
This.

And also the "Its unacceptable to play one finals in 4 years". How about 1 grand final in 4 years? About 75% of the league would love those odds. Heck i wouldn't change it. This will be the first season that Kevy has regressed from an achievement perspective, from Spoon, to 14th, to 9th to 2nd and a GF. That is a very very good turn around. The season isnt done yet either, lets see how we finish?

People also compare Brad Arthur to Kevy saying the Grand final doesnt make him safe.. Brad Arthur didnt bring his team to the finals in his first 5 years as coach. HE had one grand final finish in 11 years.

The fact that the grand final is sitting there as an accomplishment proves that Kevy has what it takes and sacking him now would be a mistake. Lets remember, he's the only other coach at the Broncos other than Wayne Bennet to bring us to a grand final.

Finally, what makes anyone think that his replacement would do any better?

If he doesn't drop Billy this week he has to go.

Billy is trying to do everything because his dad's the coach. Billy fucked up 3 times, led to 3 tries. He ***** up too much and will continue to if he thinks he's gotta save his dad's job.

If he can't see the forest for the trees and picks another dog shit team with Billy in 9 then he's done.

People don't like to be positive on this forum, it's disgusting.

Billy Walters has always been in the team purely due to nepotism, apart from a 10 week or so purple patch of form last season. The real tragedy is all the shuffling and moving on of players to accommodate him. He tries his best but he will always be on3 of the most undeserving broncos.

Is there anybody still on the "nepotism" does not exist train?

Billy has been good. He's trying to do too much and isn't good enough to do what he thinks he's doing.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2024-07-15-11-01-45-76_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg
    Screenshot_2024-07-15-11-01-45-76_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg
    243.9 KB · Views: 35
  • Screenshot_2024-07-15-11-01-27-45_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg
    Screenshot_2024-07-15-11-01-27-45_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg
    303.3 KB · Views: 36
  • Screenshot_2024-07-15-11-01-03-03_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg
    Screenshot_2024-07-15-11-01-03-03_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg
    457.4 KB · Views: 38
Billy Walters has always been in the team purely due to nepotism, apart from a 10 week or so purple patch of form last season. The real tragedy is all the shuffling and moving on of players to accommodate him. He tries his best but he will always be on3 of the most undeserving broncos.

Who has been shuffled? Paix? Oh my, what a big loss that is.

Active Now

• Sproj
  • Griffo
  • Hurrijo
  • BroncosAlways
  • Foordy
  • I bleed Maroon
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.