THE COACH Poll: Should Kevin Walters be sacked?

Should the Broncos replace the coach?

• Yes

• No

• Undecided

Results are only viewable after voting.
Ah, one of the original poster boys for the nepotism hate train.

Thought you had given up on the concept, you were AWOL for a good while there, he must have been going alright or something.
No, I got sick of the same posters denying it even though there was a constant stream of evidence. I was also requested by staff to drop the subject matter as it had been done to death.

I assume its OK for me to bring it up again now.........staff? Can I?

No, I got sick of the same posters denying it even though there was a constant stream of evidence. I was also requested by staff to drop the subject matter as it had been done to death.

I assume its OK for me to bring it up again now.........staff? Can I?

Others haven't stopped, you must have been taking the gloves off, so to speak.

The biggest is dearden. Quite a loss with hindsight.
Agree, Mam has not lived up to be a suitable replacement yet. But i believe Mam will come good eventually. Hes shown he can do it before!

Kevin's first and biggest mistake was to inform all that Ben Ikin needs to butt out of any coaching decisions because he was the head coach. Kev did not have the foresight to recognise that Ben was not there to step all over his feet, but rather be there for some guidance and support if he needed it. Ben is an extremely intelligent man, and Kevin had nothing to lose by having him around. But unfortunately, Kevin grew an ego as far as that situation was concerned. And his old boy mates .. they never helped him by advising him to put the best people around himself. I honestly think Kevin did not want anyone around who would be able to replace him if needed. Sad, but true. Kev might just benefit by putting some younger assistants around him .. guys who can relate just a little better to the players would help.

Until the players learn to incorporate a lot more controlled aggression into their game .. we are not winning anything. Most of our players look as soft as the teddy bears sitting on my bed do. Seriously.

People don't like to be positive on this forum, it's disgusting.
It’s not about being positive it’s about being realistic. Kev has a bad track record statistically coaching and I have been told by an actual former broncos player that he is incompetent. I love Kev as a player but fans that constantly back him need to look past the fact that he is a bronco legend and not a good coach. I’m sick of the players getting constantly blamed and targeted for poor performances when it’s not their fault.

Kevin's first and biggest mistake was to inform all that Ben Ikin needs to butt out of any coaching decisions because he was the head coach. Kev did not have the foresight to recognise that Ben was not there to step all over his feet, but rather be there for some guidance and support if he needed it. Ben is an extremely intelligent man, and Kevin had nothing to lose by having him around. But unfortunately, Kevin grew an ego as far as that situation was concerned. And his old boy mates .. they never helped him by advising him to put the best people around himself. I honestly think Kevin did not want anyone around who would be able to replace him if needed. Sad, but true. Kev might just benefit by putting some younger assistants around him .. guys who can relate just a little better to the players would help.

Until the players learn to incorporate a lot more controlled aggression into their game .. we are not winning anything. Most of our players look as soft as the teddy bears sitting on my bed do. Seriously.
So younger assistants like Briers & Ballin?
I think some of the players need some tough love. Too much cuddling these days. Brad Thorn would be a great addition to the coaching team next year. He would tell them all how it is.

It’s not about being positive it’s about being realistic. Kev has a bad track record statistically coaching and I have been told by an actual former broncos player that he is incompetent. I love Kev as a player but fans that constantly back him need to look past the fact that he is a bronco legend and not a good coach. I’m sick of the players getting constantly blamed and targeted for poor performances when it’s not their fault.
So how was Tyson Gamble?

Agree, Kev should stop dropping the ball out there, from the coaches box.

So younger assistants like Briers & Ballin?
I think some of the players need some tough love. Too much cuddling these days. Brad Thorn would be a great addition to the coaching team next year. He would tell them all how it is.
Brad Thorn, Justin Hodges, Karmichael Hunt etc .. would all be excellent choices.

Probably the worst takes i have ever read. Kevy has no ego, never takes the credit and always takes the blame. Hes one of the most humble blokes around the game and the first to admit that when we perform poorly, its on him.

Also Ben Ikin left at the start of the 2023 season. The same season we went on to win like 20 games and play a GF lol. To attribute our current slump on what happened with Ikin makes no sense. It was over 12 months ago and since then we played a Grand Final.

Probably the worst takes i have ever read. Kevy has no ego, never takes the credit and always takes the blame. Hes one of the most humble blokes around the game and the first to admit that when we perform poorly, its on him.

Also Ben Ikin left at the start of the 2023 season. The same season we went on to win like 20 games and play a GF lol. To attribute our current slump on what happened with Ikin makes no sense. It was over 12 months ago and since then we played a Grand Final.
He was frozen out by Kev a lot sooner than the 2023 season.

Others haven't stopped, you must have been taking the gloves off, so to speak.
If you're referring to what I said about the "gloves coming off" I was referring to fans going after Kevvie en masse. Which will happen if he continues to favour his son over Mozer, and we fall into the bottom 4. Which could happen as early as next week.

Active Now

• I bleed Maroon
  • Foordy
  • Hurrijo
  • Galah
  • Alec
  • Skyblues87
  • TwoLeftFeet
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.