THE COACH Poll: Should Kevin Walters be sacked?

Should the Broncos replace the coach?

• Yes

• No

• Undecided

Results are only viewable after voting.
Oh I can handle it. My opinion is that the fans who can't take some positives from the last two weeks are not real fans. That's all. Just expressing my opinion on a message board.
The people on here who read these forums. Some are highly motivated by it, I've read some all time great things written on here that people were prepared to go to no ends to try and defend, by all time great things I mean clangers. I can accept being wrong, I'm always wrong, that doesn't bother me. Others don't quite have the ability to do that. It's their dopamine hit. They won't concede they're wrong, they'll just pretend like it was never discussed until such a point where it looks like things might be shaping out the way they envisioned. Then they can't hit those keys fast enough. This thread was dead and buried for a long time.

In the case of Kevin Walters, that "foresight" was about 3 years ago. It was unfair then and given what he was able to do last season, it's unfair now.

I try to be positive about things, not as positive as Kev with his claims they are going to be playing in the finals without even thinking twice about it but I would rather focus on the fact we turned a horrendous start into a victory, that's something we should be excited about, particularly when you consider who we are missing.
Sounds like this forum is too hardcore for you two. Maybe you need to get a room of your own. Dim the lights. Go for it.

B01ebc67e1a71735e046c1907371287a

No point going sideways here, either we stick with Kevvie or we snag a current successful consistent coach.

I think to a point thats probably right. The only issue i have is if we start to stagnate at all even a coach on par with Kevvie may get more out of the group. Lets face it, we should be a top 4 side. Probably not this year tbf either with our injury issues.

Our main options are going to be coaches with potential now with little proven track record. Its hard in Rugby league to get a coach to jump ship from a successful club to another one, even if its a club as big as we are.

In before someone hits me with the "yEaH BuT ThE bUcK StOps wItH tHe CoaCh", funnily enough I didn't see him getting much credit last season. So that little hypothesis can go out the door as it's not fair to pretend like he's just someone in the background one year and then start shredding on him the next.
My god you drivel incessant nonsense.

He was one of the favourites for the Coach of the Year. Some said he was robbed. Go read that thread. He got performance bonuses from the club, fans lavished him with praise, and we were odds-on to to win the comp this season.

On top of the that he's had a free ride from the press since he took the job facing nothing but soft balls. What more could you want?

Criticism is good, I just have my doubts about a select few who are at this point in it so they don't look like a clown who got it wrong.

When you start barracking for the team to lose, you're in that boat.
Screennotruescotsman

I've said it all along. There deserves to be criticism but this is people calling for him to be sacked which is ridiculous considering the turnaround we have had since getting the wooden spoon.
In context, speaking of turnarounds, we'd slid from competition favourites to the bottom four when the poll at the top of this thread overwhelmingly turned on him.

In context, speaking of turnarounds, we'd slid from competition favourites to the bottom four when the poll at the top of this thread overwhelmingly turned on him.
And now we are pushing the 8 again. Don't dwell in the past Mchunt, we are 2 from 2, comeback wins, less errors and better discipline! Surely your childhood trauma of being picked behind the coaches son can move on and acknowledge some improvement!

I've said it all along. There deserves to be criticism but this is people calling for him to be sacked which is ridiculous considering the turnaround we have had since getting the wooden spoon.

But anyone who is critical is an anti fan with your posts 🙄

Its still not unfair if he doesnt make finals to question his future at the club. Even the bloke himself considers anything less than finals a failure. If you actually read what most people are saying, nobody is really concerned about a lot of our results this year with our injuries, they are concerned with the huge drop off in performance levels.

This turnaround imo is also a bit overblown. We have had 2023 as the only year imo where we have got anywhere near the levels this side is capable of. Thats not to underplay what Kevvie has achieved with a lot of things he's done in his time here. He has certainley stablised us as a club, but i still dont believe apart from last year he has got anything more out of these players than they have been capable of. Its not like we had a roster like the tigers. The bones of a top 8 side have been here since he got here.

And now we are pushing the 8 again. Don't dwell in the past Mchunt, we are 2 from 2, comeback wins, less errors and better discipline! Surely your childhood trauma of being picked behind the coaches son can move on and acknowledge some improvement!
Yet you're still going on about what was being said weeks ago. The rest of us are factoring that in.

Keep reading this over and over until you can understand it.

Kev can say what he likes, we aren't making the 8.

The absolute best case scenario we can hope for is not just downing the Phins next week, but also beating Melbourne and the Raiders downing the Dragons in the final round. It just isn't happening. We'll be flat track beating Melbourne even if they rest players (which Bellyache will never do. If he has the chance to end our season, he will), nevermind Ricky's Raiders pulling it out of their ass for our benefit.

Do yourself a favor guys, don't get your hopes up. We will finish 9th and we will deserve it.

Exactly right and then we will enter the coaching merry-go-round with the tigers, Titans, eels etc. We have a coach that took us to a grand final less than 12 months ago. It's crazy to think they are ready to throw him and the team that took us there on the trash can.

you don't have to worry, it's only some vocal fans that are prepared to throw him in the trash can ... but many of these people were prepared to throw him in the trash very early in his tenure (hell, just look at how long it took to start a thread about the coach)

the club on the other hand are smarter than that ... they know what he's done for the club and how far he has brought this team. they'll give him time to right the ship.

"if you listen to the fans, it won't be long before you're sitting in the stands with them" - Wayne Bennett

"if you listen to the fans, it won't be long before you're sitting in the stands with them" - Wayne Bennett
Such a great quote. I read that book too. Still to read his other book. That book is after his infidelity?

You aren't wrong in a, broken clock is right twice a day, kind of thinking.

Season 25 will be spicy for a few coaches. Benji and Kevin are sticking out for very different reasons.

Stop dinning out on the season 23 Grand Final. Just stop! We chocked! It was not a small choke. It was, The Choke. It was such a choke, that Greg Norman called Kevin to chat.

Active Now

• Fozz
  • Pablo
  • mitch222
  • Battler
  • Foordy
  • Harry Sack
  • leon.bott
  • broncos4life
  • Fitzy
  • Culhwch
  • barker
  • RodF
  • Aldo
  • Sproj
  • Footy Fanatic
  • Bucking Beads
  • Waynesaurus
  • BroncsNBundy
... and 2 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.