THE COACH Poll: Should Kevin Walters be sacked?

Should the Broncos replace the coach?

• Yes

• No

• Undecided

Results are only viewable after voting.
the club on the other hand are smarter than that ... they know what he's done for the club and how far he has brought this team. they'll give him time to right the ship.
The same smart club that hired Seibold ?

Kevs planning for his fifth and maybe his last year.
I'm hoping not
Next year he is out of excuses. We see if 23 was a 1 off where we nailed the high risk plays and rode the wave to within a couple of minutes of a GF.
I'm over the kevolution, I want to see the evolution of KW as a coach, who can take this very talented core group forward by developing a squad and playing style with a hard edge that can consistently make the top 4 and get a shot at a premiership for the next 5 years at least.

If we do miss finals it will be to the Dragons who we lost to, ironically because of having almost no one available due to injuries. We still almost came back and stole it. That one game was the difference between finals and no finals most likely and it came down to injuries - sums up our season and why some of us are willing to cut Kevvie some slack.

Regardless of which side you sit on with Kevvie, the team has turned around, at least to an extent in the back end of the season. Yes likely too little too late but it proves he hasn’t lost the dressing room. He is also coming off a GF that his team really should have won, he’s earned an extended period of grace from the club and fans.

If we do miss finals it will be to the Dragons who we lost to, ironically because of having almost no one available due to injuries. We still almost came back and stole it. That one game was the difference between finals and no finals most likely and it came down to injuries - sums up our season and why some of us are willing to cut Kevvie some slack.

Regardless of which side you sit on with Kevvie, the team has turned around, at least to an extent in the back end of the season. Yes likely too little too late but it proves he hasn’t lost the dressing room. He is also coming off a GF that his team really should have won, he’s earned an extended period of grace from the club and fans.
Or the Titans game when Oates got ran down or the Melb game when Arthur's dropped it over the line or any of the piss weak defensive efforts.. So many self inflicted wounds in our season.

He's trying to manifest us into the finals.
It's OK to make such a statement when the outcome is in your hands.
Making such a statement when you cannot control the outcome is disrespectful to the teams around us, particularly Dragons, who will no doubt be fired up now. The press are all over this statement and if we don't make the 8 KW will no doubt be ridiculed.

Or the Titans game when Oates got ran down or the Melb game when Arthur's dropped it over the line or any of the piss weak defensive efforts.. So many self inflicted wounds in our season.

I was at that Storm game, so many Broncs fans and so deflating seeing Arthars drop it, it was a sitter.

It wasn't just one game and injuries, though. It was the way we went about it, how we looked under coached.

If you were to pick only one game, it would be when the rookie coach of the Bulldogs towelled our full strength team 41 to 16, and it was clearly a case of Kevvie being outplayed by his peer. Noting the Bulldogs were also savaged by injuries this season.

I tend to agree with this on the season and Kevvie in general although I would add in the Titans games as well, should have at least won one of them as they were also not full strength. Agree that last 2 games show he hasn’t lost the group, could easily have lost by 40 to parra after the first 10mins if they didn’t care.

Even when we had lost so many in a row I always felt Walters deserves next year to turn it around but we can’t not play finals again next year.

I can understand the frustration of other supporters who want more immediate action…when the season was alive (or not on life support at least) we really played some poor footy regardless of who was available.

We all know who the anti-fan is that is being referred to here. I have them on ignore, but when you can see the same agenda being parroted by others out of pure frustration, you can see how a bad egg can start to ruin the carton.

It wasn't just one game and injuries, though. It was the way we went about it, how we looked under coached.

If you were to pick only one game, it would be when the rookie coach of the Bulldogs towelled our full strength team 41 to 16, and it was clearly a case of Kevvie being outplayed by his peer. Noting the Bulldogs were also savaged by injuries this season.
Not to mention no size in the front row and an unwanted 7.
Ciraldo coached into this side a philosophy of " we will not be outworked" and a defensive style copied from Penriff.
Attack should come off the back of defense Dogs have the best D in the comp

TBF , the first 20 minutes/ first 40 minutes of our last two wins have been absolutely woeful and indicitative of what we've been serving up for 60+ minutes a game. They have not been easy to watch wins.

Sure we've walked away with 4 points, but the capitulation and defensive woes are still there.

Happy to keep Kevie as a caretaker coach till 26, but we need someone who can get us to the top 4 consistantly and a team a defensive resolve that doesnt have us consistantly giving away 3 tries in a 15 minute period.

i'm with mchunt, he's gotta go

this manifest destiny shit about 'WE ARE MAKING THE FINALS' makes him sound like some sort of divorcee's fridge magnet/facebook profile picture, it's embarrassing

sack him and bring someone mean to coach the boys asap, they need a coach they're scared of

cheers

anti fan TH

It's OK to make such a statement when the outcome is in your hands.
Making such a statement when you cannot control the outcome is disrespectful to the teams around us, particularly Dragons, who will no doubt be fired up now. The press are all over this statement and if we don't make the 8 KW will no doubt be ridiculed.

It really only hurts his credibility.

We all know who the anti-fan is that is being referred to here. I have them on ignore, but when you can see the same AGENDA being parroted by others out of pure frustration, you can see how a bad egg can start to ruin the carton.
RUN FOR THE HILLS

It doesn’t work. I was manifesting a premiership last year.
Weren't we all?

Walters is simply re-enforcing to his players that they have to believe they'll be playing in the finals. The moment they concede that it's gotten away from them is the moment they give up. Is that an indictment of the playing group and their mentality? Maybe, but at least it shows that he's aware of it and won't tolerate it.

Walters is simply re-enforcing to his players that they have to believe they'll be playing in the finals. The moment they concede that it's gotten away from them is the moment they give up. Is that an indictment of the playing group and their mentality? Maybe, but at least it shows that he's aware of it and won't tolerate it.
That's the way I took it as well.

Active Now

• davidp
  • mitch222
  • ivanhungryjak
  • Waynesaurus
  • Griffo
  • GCBRONCO
  • ostin86
  • Redux
  • BroncosAlways
  • Hoof Hearted
  • Harry Sack
  • ettybay
  • Aldo
  • Broncosarethebest
  • azza.79
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.