THE COACH Poll: Should Kevin Walters be sacked?

Should the Broncos replace the coach?

• Yes

• No

• Undecided

Results are only viewable after voting.
Not to mention no size in the front row and an unwanted 7.
Ciraldo coached into this side a philosophy of " we will not be outworked" and a defensive style copied from Penriff.
Attack should come off the back of defense Dogs have the best D in the comp
It also shows how much fitness plays a part in league.... dogs have an undersized forward pack and about 1 decent player in the spine, but they outlast other teams and are 1 win outside the top 4.

Burton being able to kick it 60m on the fly helps as well.

Dogs have pretty much all the essentials needed to succeed in Vlando ball... infinite fitness, complete disregard for the rules, force the ref to penalise you out of the game or just let you have free reign, an ability to actually turn up and play and at least one half that can kick you out of trouble with a monster boot... and being from Sydney

Walters is simply re-enforcing to his players that they have to believe they'll be playing in the finals. The moment they concede that it's gotten away from them is the moment they give up. Is that an indictment of the playing group and their mentality? Maybe, but at least it shows that he's aware of it and won't tolerate it.

It's like your first seven batsmen being padded up, doesn't send a great message to your openers does it.

Not to mention no size in the front row and an unwanted 7.
Ciraldo coached into this side a philosophy of " we will not be outworked" and a defensive style copied from Penriff.
Attack should come off the back of defense Dogs have the best D in the comp
It wasn't just one game and injuries, though. It was the way we went about it, how we looked under coached.

If you were to pick only one game, it would be when the rookie coach of the Bulldogs towelled our full strength team 41 to 16, and it was clearly a case of Kevvie being outplayed by his peer. Noting the Bulldogs were also savaged by injuries this season.
Kind of like what Kevy did last season to every team in the comp - Second best defensive team and such. Lets see if Ciraldo gets them within 5 minutes of winning a grand final.

Kind of like what Kevy did last season to every team in the comp - Second best defensive team and such. Lets see if Ciraldo gets them within 5 minutes of winning a grand final.
Baha . What Kev did last year is in the rear vision.
You excuse the previous 2 years and this year and apparently the only thing that counts is 23.
My concern is how he is going to sort this squad out, his doing btw, and how he is going to coach the defensive hard edge into our team.
I'm not pining my hopes on Barrett or Teo to do that.

Baha . What Kev did last year is in the rear vision.
You excuse the previous 2 years and this year and apparently the only thing that counts is 23.
My concern is how he is going to sort this squad out, his doing btw, and how he is going to coach the defensive hard edge into our team.
I'm not pining my hopes on Barrett or Teo to do that.
What are you talking about. 100% improvement to win rates year on year the two years prior culminating in a grand final last year. That's incredible coming from the wooden spoon..

I don't care about that press conference. I care that we have been terrible on the field this year. No gameplan other than hope for individual brilliance. Blaming everything on injuries and Origin. 3 out of 4 years missing the finals. Not acceptable. 2025 can be written off too if we keep Kevin.

I don't care about that press conference. I care that we have been terrible on the field this year. No gameplan other than hope for individual brilliance. Blaming everything on injuries and Origin. 3 out of 4 years missing the finals. Not acceptable. 2025 can be written off too if we keep Kevin.
Wayne Bennet has missed finals 2/2 years with the dolphins.. Jus sayin. We doubled our wins every year with Kevy coming back from the spoon. This year is the year we have not seen improvement. Deserves some time to right the ship. If all is shit by origin next year then a new coach is unavoidable. Sadly.

Wayne Bennet has missed finals 2/2 years with the dolphins.. Jus sayin. We doubled our wins every year with Kevy coming back from the spoon. This year is the year we have not seen improvement. Deserves some time to right the ship. If all is shit by origin next year then a new coach is unavoidable. Sadly.

Dolphins hardly had a roster set up to play finals footy. They are still building. Our roster has been good enough to at least make the 8 since Bennett left. Not saying we were capable of winning it, but we were capable of making the finals. We have consistently under performed for a number of reasons apart from 2023. Its not good.

Dolphins hardly had a roster set up to play finals footy. They are still building. Our roster has been good enough to at least make the 8 since Bennett left. Not saying we were capable of winning it, but we were capable of making the finals. We have consistently under performed for a number of reasons apart from 2023. Its not good.
No mate - The dolphins got to start fresh. If you count Kevies first year you count the likes of TPJ, lodge, milford, croft, Niu, Isaako and the roster he had to clear out. Wayne got to pick and choose and built whatever roster he wanted. We had to pay lodge and TPJ's salary for two years. Bennet had a fresh cap without debt. Coming from the spoon its a remarkable turn around. Ciraldo didnt improve the bulldogs win % in his first year - Kevy did, whats your explanation for that? and regardless - if it rest with the coach it rests with the coach, regardless of the roster. Thats the argument of most in here. The buck stops with the coach.

Even good coaches have bad years - Bennet is living proof of that.

No mate - The dolphins got to start fresh. If you count Kevies first year you count the likes of TPJ, lodge, milford, croft, Niu, Isaako and the roster he had to clear out. Wayne got to pick and choose and built whatever roster he wanted. We had to pay lodge and TPJ's salary for two years. Bennet had a fresh cap without debt. Coming from the spoon its a remarkable turn around. Ciraldo didnt improve the bulldogs win % in his first year - Kevy did, whats your explanation for that? and regardless - if it rest with the coach it rests with the coach, regardless of the roster. Thats the argument of most in here. The buck stops with the coach.

You have to be kidding. Starting fresh from their position isnt as good as having a roster like we did. He could hardly pick and choose who he wanted. He had to recruit from what was available in an extremely short time frame compared to other expansion teams. Thats not even debatable, they got short changed.

Our roster is just as mismanaged now as it was when Kevvie came in. So is that Kevvies fault, or does he only get credit for moving on players he didnt want. Cant have it both ways. The big thing everyone can see Kevvie did was improve the culture around the place when he came in. I wouldnt say taking us from winning the spoon ( which should never have happened with our squad anyway ) to finishing 14th is exactly remarkable either. It was decent, i expected more tbh.

Ciraldo clearly had a plan. This year its paying dividends, last year was the building process. We will only know next year if its got any substance to it. What i would say though the improvement this year is way ahead of what Kevvie did in his first 2 years with a worse roster. That again isnt even debatable. They are in with a very good chance of finishing top 4 after finishing 13th.

Kevvie went from 14th with 16 points, to 9th with 28 points. Not quite this mythical 100% points increase year on year you go on about, even accounting for 2023. Ciraldo has gone from 13th and 20 points to 5th as it stands with 34 points. Ciraldo compared to Kevvie has got them finals footy in his second year with a minimum of a 14 point increase.

But what i can say from your post is yes, as in most team sports. The buck stops with the coach.

Are you fucking serious? Nobody expected anything from the dolphins first 2 years. If you want to defend kevvie it's fine but comparing the Dolphins inaugural 2 years to ours is fucking lunacy and I doubt anybody but you buys it, that's if you honestly do. They were expected to be bottom 8 by most.

You have to be kidding. Starting fresh from their position isnt as good as having a roster like we did. He could hardly pick and choose who he wanted. He had to recruit from what was available in an extremely short time frame compared to other expansion teams. Thats not even debatable, they got short changed.

Our roster is just as mismanaged now as it was when Kevvie came in. So is that Kevvies fault, or does he only get credit for moving on players he didnt want. Cant have it both ways. The big thing everyone can see Kevvie did was improve the culture around the place when he came in. I wouldnt say taking us from winning the spoon ( which should never have happened with our squad anyway ) to finishing 14th is exactly remarkable either. It was decent, i expected more tbh.

Ciraldo clearly had a plan. This year its paying dividends, last year was the building process. We will only know next year if its got any substance to it. What i would say though the improvement this year is way ahead of what Kevvie did in his first 2 years with a worse roster. That again isnt even debatable. They are in with a very good chance of finishing top 4 after finishing 13th.

Kevvie went from 14th with 16 points, to 9th with 28 points. Not quite this mythical 100% points increase year on year you go on about, even accounting for 2023. Ciraldo has gone from 13th and 20 points to 5th as it stands with 34 points. Ciraldo compared to Kevvie has got them finals footy in his second year with a minimum of a 14 point increase.

But what i can say from your post is yes, as in most team sports. The buck stops with the coach.
The roster we had won the spoon mate. You cant get any worse than that! Our roster was mismanaged? We got Adam Reynolds, Kurt Capewell... Would you consider them mismanaged signings? Seriously Wolfie just be a fan mate, its okay. Get behind the coach who took us to a GF and give him some slack, it was less than 12 months ago.

Ciraldo didnt double his wins in his first year and Kevy did. Thats all im saying. The dogs employed Gould the year before Ciraldo got there so the roster rebuild was one year in advance. This is Ciraldos equivalent to 2023 for the Broncos. We finished 2nd that year and made the GF. Agree not exactly 100% but close enough - (more than ciraldo's 0%).

Regardless, A team with Niu, Isaako, Milford, TPJ didnt make the finals in 2020 with Siebold coaching them. Well they didnt make the finals in 2024 with Bennet coaching them. What does that tell you?

Are you fucking serious? Nobody expected anything from the dolphins first 2 years. If you want to defend kevvie it's fine but comparing the Dolphins inaugural 2 years to ours is fucking lunacy and I doubt anybody but you buys it, that's if you honestly do. They were expected to be bottom 8 by most.
Nobody expected anything from us either! We won the wooden spoon. We were literally the worst team in the competition the year that Kevy got here. The worst team!! 3 years later we played a GF!!! remarkably the change happened as soon as Kevy got here!!!

unthinkable to be wanting to sack the coach off the back of one bad year.

@Manofoneway good to have others on this forum still backing our team and coach. Appreciate your love and defence of our guys (especially againt some of the random hate - some people will never be happy).

We laughed at the people in this thread last year, and I am guessing we will be laughing at them again soon.

Kevvie's our man.

Kevin Walters Broncos GIF by BrisbaneBroncos

yeah Gus has had no influence at all , it's been all Ciraldo 👌

yeah Gus has had no influence at all , it's been all Ciraldo 👌
Agree and even with gus and Ciraldo they didnt improve year on year for three years. 2022 - 12th. 2023 15th.

At the same time - Broncos - 2022 - 9th, 2023 - 2nd and a GF...

Our wooden spoons were one year apart. (ours 2020 and dogs 2021). Its incredible what has happened in such a short time. It has not been replicated by any team in recent memory and certainly not by the dogs this year.

Active Now

• ChewThePhatt
  • mitch222
  • Brocko
  • Mustafur
  • Johnny92
  • Aldo
  • Shane Tronc
  • Culhwch
  • Stix
  • teampjta
  • Gaz
  • Lurker
  • Financeguy
  • Alec
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.