THE COACH Poll: Should Kevin Walters be sacked?

Should the Broncos replace the coach?

• Yes

• No

• Undecided

Results are only viewable after voting.
lol at people saying we need to ban the fans at training. Without fans there’s no game.

Fans are there at the game every week. hold one open session every fortnight or something at most.

It would make it hard to focus when when you have kids screaming out and bugging you for signatures and photos every other day. The players are doing the 'right' thing by engaging with the fans, but it probably happens too often and detracts from the reason they are there - to win football games*.

(*Could be another element of the club putting profits over results and shoring up the future fan base.)

Does that excuse them not making tackles or dropping the ball during the game? Of course not, but how you train is how you play. Hard to play serious if training isn't because it has to stay g-rated and fan-friendly

**** the media off, **** the sponsors off and lock the gates to the public.

Walsh and Willison unsigned beyond next year, lost Herbie and Flegler to the Phins, the best we can manage is the likes of Baker, Gow whatever and Plath from outside the club, no other sensible signings announced.... I dunno maybe Kev's coaching is far more putrid than we are comfortable saying out loud, and it's getting around the comp. "Don't come here" stuff.

Walsh and Willison unsigned beyond next year, lost Herbie and Flegler to the Phins, the best we can manage is the likes of Baker, Gow whatever and Plath from outside the club, no other sensible signings announced.... I dunno maybe Kev's coaching is far more putrid than we are comfortable saying out loud, and it's getting around the comp. "Don't come here" stuff.
It’s very hard to find a positive isn’t it. I was planning on upgrading my son and I’s membership but I think I’ll probably reduce it to the 2 game one and hope I can pick 2 games where we actually show up.

It’s very hard to find a positive isn’t it. I was planning on upgrading my son and I’s membership but I think I’ll probably reduce it to the 2 game one and hope I can pick 2 games where we actually show up.

I don't think the club will risk a mid-season coach change. They have a chance to get a full fresh off season going early, a chance to politely push Kev out while the assistant coach positions are empty and the players are out of the picture for holidays, they are acutely aware of how bad it is already, the old boys would have got their whinging out of the way early and not during a season, what realistic chance is Kev to turn it around?

Sadly it makes perfect sense ripping the band-aid off early here.

I don't think the club will risk a mid-season coach change. They have a chance to get a full fresh off season going early, a chance to politely push Kev out while the assistant coach positions are empty and the players are out of the picture for holidays, they are acutely aware of how bad it is already, the old boys would have got their whinging out of the way early and not during a season, what realistic chance is Kev to turn it around?

I don’t think the club has the balls to make any tough decisions.

That’s just way too proactive.

That’s what I did this year. The only game I saw live we actually won was the bloody Eels game last week… 😩

We even lost Origin 3 when I was there…

Probably watch more tv next year and do my bit to help the club… 😩🤦‍♂️

That’s what I did this year. The only game I saw live we actually won was the bloody Eels game last week… 😩

We even lost Origin 3 when I was there…

Probably watch more tv next year and do my bit to help the club… 😩🤦‍♂️
I think I’ll sit the season out. My son and I had a good run last year but this year we sat through 3 horror games and the Cowboys win. Very sad train rides homes.

“We understand it has been a disappointing season for our fans and members, and for Kev, but everyone here at the club are determined to turn it around next year and we'll continue to surround Kev, his staff & the playing group, with all the resources they need to achieve that….”

Yada, yada, yada…

It all seems just a tad too precious what's coming out of the Walters clan

One of my earliest memories existing on planet earth is being 5 years old and watching Steve Renouf score a 90 metre try on grand final day. And to have a fake first grader (who wasn't even born then btw) call people "fake fans" for wanting his dad sacked as coach is disgusting.

One of my earliest memories existing on planet earth is being 5 years old and watching Steve Renouf score a 90 metre try on grand final day. And to have a fake first grader (who wasn't even born then btw) call people "fake fans" for wanting his dad sacked as coach is disgusting.
I used to do “Keg on Legs” as a 17yr old at ANZ Stadium in the early-mid 90’s, just so I could get paid AND go and watch the Broncos, I wanted to be there so much, when I couldn’t afford to go to many games.

Been a club member since the early 2000’s consistently and now that I find fault with the current (failing) administration I am apparently a “fake fan” and Mrs Walters is now having a sook that someone else is publicly saying what we all think.

Clearly a precious bunch the Walters clan and while I too think Marto is a dick, he isn’t wrong in these comments, but no-one at the club and clearly least of all the Walters, are listening…

Buck does tend to literally poop on the opposition from time to time, so that's a win.

Active Now

• The True King
  • Footy Fanatic
  • Wild Horse
  • Skathen
  • Bucking Beads
  • Morkel
  • Xzei
  • Battler
  • theshed
  • johnny plath
  • thenry
  • RolledOates
  • broncos4life
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Gympie devil
  • Financeguy
  • GCBRONCO
  • davidp
  • Allo
  • jarro65
... and 4 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.