THE COACH Poll: Should Kevin Walters be sacked?

Should the Broncos replace the coach?

• Yes

• No

• Undecided

Results are only viewable after voting.
A lot of people here will hate this but I’d give Peter Wallace a shot with some solid supports around him.
Ballsy move considering our track record of coaches with limited or no NRL experience…

I think I hate that idea but admire the outside the box thinking…would prefer Holbrook personally.

Have a feeling they'll stick with Kevin Walters and try and improve on his assistants. Barrett FMD. Teo- his side got flogged by Devils on the weekend.
Thing is Kevin wouldn’t cop Ben Ikins advice (interfering), so makes me wonder how he accepts that given by Cartwright, Ballin and company.
Maybe Kevin decided to go his own way this year after all they are all fucking off.
Whatever, there are a few twists and turns before we see a top four again. Good luck.

Ballsy move considering our track record of coaches with limited or no NRL experience…

I think I hate that idea but admire the outside the box thinking…would prefer Holbrook personally.
Holbrook would be my pick. Think he’s a good coach that unfortunately run into the Titans - ’coach killers’.

I am finally on the sack Kevvie train. I have made every excuse I can think of for him but my final straw is this campaign of hate that Tallis is running against Reynolds. I mean this has been non-stop since we started going to shit and it is quite clear that he is running a narrative that it isn't Kevvie's fault it's the captain but he goes to far. With his latest bullshit yesterday saying that Adam milked it when Kaufusi hit him high and questioning his leadership in 'letting himself' get a HIA because he was milking and refusing to listen to reason when told the HIA was given before Felise was binned. This is the culmination of months of this shit and at this point it can only be because either Kev is asking him to do it or not putting a stop to it.

I can cop Kevvie's lack of technical nous due to him being a club legend and that if you have the right assistants that doesn't matter but if he is going to be there for man-management and culture he is clearly doing a piss poor job. There is without a doubt issues in the team and I would imagine the coach's best mate running a campaign against your captain would if not cause at least flame that situation. Gordon is a fuckwit but it was up to Kev to stop this by either telling him behind closed doors to stop it, or if he won't listen to make a public statement backing your captain against this bullshit.

I respect Kevie both as good bloke and a great player but I can't hold him in high regards as a coach. Just remembering what Cobbo said for one thing. I would hold him as an assistant coach, but he needs to be replaced as our full-time coach. We need someone to make the tough calls and someone to bring changes to our squad as well.

It's like putting an old dog down. Everyone knows what has to happen but every now and then they'll show a bit of spark and you think just maybe... but along comes another fall. You gotta do what's best for everyone and keeping him on isn't that.

I don’t see what can be gained from giving him 12 rounds next year.
Basically on his own admissions, an injury to Adam Reynolds is the end of our season. If and when that occurs, he has no ideas, structure or any plan to deal with it.
The fact our entire structure revolves around an injury prone 34 year old half back is proof enough for me that his time is up…

I don't think our results change until we work out what is going wrong across the board at the club. The playing group are an issue, the recruitment and retention is an issue, the coaching is an issue and the Standards at the club is an issue.

Gorden Tallis launches savage attack on Broncos captain Adam Reynolds​

A few quotes from the Tele article:

- Gordy accusing Reyno of abandoning Walters
- questions player morale at Red Hill
- claims Reyno has failed to publicly support Walters
- Reyno shouldn't have replaced Billy Walters on MMM gig
- says the start of issues began with the pre season bust up
- Losers in their small little groups digging at each other

Wow, even your ex players/captains hate you.

A lot of people here will hate this but I’d give Peter Wallace a shot with some solid supports around him.

Loop Trump GIF

I just watched that post-game presser again...man that was rough. Maybe it is time to just cut the chord and if there was a clear stand out replacement, I'd be on board but as far as I can see, there isn't.

I wonder if we are running the risk of losing one of the guys we want to keep, especially say Walsh, if he says no we need a new coach, if we see a trigger pulled.

I wonder if we are running the risk of losing one of the guys we want to keep, especially say Walsh, if he says no we need a new coach, if we see a trigger pulled.

If a young Turk like Walsh - no matter how talented/accomplished - would even seem to have that sort of pull, then the club really has A Problem ...

If a young Turk like Walsh - no matter how talented/accomplished - would even seem to have that sort of pull, then the club really has A Problem ...

Of course...unless like Henjak, the coach has become so toxic that players not only want out but prospective players don't want in.

Active Now

• The True King
  • Skathen
  • Wild Horse
  • Bucking Beads
  • Morkel
  • Xzei
  • Battler
  • Footy Fanatic
  • theshed
  • johnny plath
  • thenry
  • RolledOates
  • broncos4life
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Gympie devil
  • Financeguy
  • GCBRONCO
  • davidp
  • Allo
  • jarro65
... and 5 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.