THE COACH Poll: Should Kevin Walters be sacked?

Should the Broncos replace the coach?

• Yes

• No

• Undecided

Results are only viewable after voting.
This team could win a premiership if it had the right coach and luck with injuries
Why waste another year
Have to go Madge he just a winner
Yes he failed at west tigers but who hasn’t
But imagine what he could do with this roster

Maguire - a guy with a lower NRL win percentage than Kevvie? The guy whose side has traditionally trended down sharply post-first or second season?

He also has a lower win percentage than Anthony Griffin.

If we really want to go for an experienced coach, the only one that really even makes sort of sense is...Brad Arthur. Out of 12 seasons in charge of Parra, only 4 had less wins than losses and two of those were his first where he was interim coach and this one, where he got sacked.

Honestly, if you look at the prospective available experienced coaches' records - Arthur is the only one you'd want. He showed an ability to build a team too. And looking at their respective records...his is pretty compelling compared to others. Maybe this is the guy we should be pursuing but he's just signed an extension with Leeds.

Maguire - a guy with a lower NRL win percentage than Kevvie? The guy whose side has traditionally trended down sharply post-first or second season?

He also has a lower win percentage than Anthony Griffin.

If we really want to go for an experienced coach, the only one that really even makes sort of sense is...Brad Arthur. Out of 12 seasons in charge of Parra, only 4 had less wins than losses and two of those were his first where he was interim coach and this one, where he got sacked.

Honestly, if you look at the prospective available experienced coaches' records - Arthur is the only one you'd want. He showed an ability to build a team too. And looking at their respective records...his is pretty compelling compared to others. Maybe this is the guy we should be pursuing but he's just signed an extension with Leeds.

Arthur signed with Leeds Rhinos

I know, I said that.

Yes, so why even bring him up? lol he isn't coming, he isn't about to drop his freshly signed contract for us....Sticking the boot into the club for poor decisions retroactively solves nothing

In fairness to Madge's record, when has he had as good a roster as ours? When he had a good roster he won a comp.

I think why he gets mentioned for us is his training/management style is perceived to be what some of our players need.

Not saying I think he is the saviour we need, but I can understand why people would want to try him.

In fairness to Madge's record, when has he had as good a roster as ours? When he had a good roster he won a comp.

I think why he gets mentioned for us is his training/management style seems to be what some of our players need.

Not saying I think he is the saviour we need, but I can understand why people would want to try him.

He also took that roster on a sharp nose dive. There is so much recency bias with him, he is not what we need at all.

Yes, so why even bring him up? lol he isn't coming, he isn't about to drop his freshly signed contract for us....Sticking the boot into the club for poor decisions retroactively solves nothing

Because most if not all ESL coaches, especially Australian ones, will have an NRL clause in their contracts. Arthur is a far better option than Maguire who is the one the post I replied to bought up.

Speaking of ESL coaches, I'd still be happy if we got Lam.

He also took that roster on a sharp nose dive. There is so much recency bias with him, he is not what we need at all.
Again, I'm not sure he is who I'd personally want, but his record is trashed mostly by Tigers and realistically nobody was saving that crop of Tigers from losses week after week.

If we were going Madge I'd only want it to be for a year while they searched for someone else. He can interview of course if he wanted for the job from 26 but I still dunno if I'd want him long term.

What part of Chooks game has Holbrook looked after this year? Again it might be too big a job for him, but alot of people forget he is still around.

A lot of people here will hate this but I’d give Peter Wallace a shot with some solid supports around him.

A lot of people here will hate this but I’d give Peter Wallace a shot with some solid supports around him.

*waits on @Mr Fourex*

Anticipation Popcorn GIF

Former Bronco who served an apprenticeship under one of the best coaches in the modern era.

What could go wrong?

It’s the solid support that doesn’t seem to be around at the moment. We need
Some for Kev but we’re getting Trent Barrett

Active Now

• Footy Fanatic
  • Morkel
  • Xzei
  • Battler
  • Wild Horse
  • theshed
  • johnny plath
  • thenry
  • Bucking Beads
  • RolledOates
  • broncos4life
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Gympie devil
  • Financeguy
  • GCBRONCO
  • davidp
  • Allo
  • jarro65
  • Johnny92
  • broncsgoat
... and 4 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.