THE COACH Poll: Should Kevin Walters be sacked?

Should the Broncos replace the coach?

• Yes

• No

• Undecided

Results are only viewable after voting.
Jeez I will laugh if we come back next season and win a premiership under Walters.
You lot will be missing for weeks.

Kev has the support of the board and the players, just lacks the support of supposed Bronco fans.
Funny how no one was calling for him to be sacked this time last year.

The term fair-weather and fickle comes to mind with some of you.
I hope he does prove people wrong who don't think he is up to the job.

who is your alternative or you just wating for the club to pick someone out of their ass?

There is also the factor of players coming out of contract like Walsh especially who might not be happy about these change of events, and imo he is a generational player this club can not ever afford to lose others can say what they want but good players will attract good players to our club and Walsh is one of the best in the game.

Walsh might have left for warriors for game time but he is a Bronco junior and should be our marque for years to come, we can't afford a Walshless Bronco team it would be a dark day in our history if we lose him.
I’d rather Walters make it work but I can’t see it happen

Jeez I will laugh if we come back next season and win a premiership under Walters.

Kev has the support of the board and the players, just lacks the support of supposed Bronco fans.

Nothing I’d like more than that to happen. I’m more of a chance of winning powerball though. The club is stuffed

It's a shame really because Kev has the passion for the club but does he have the coaching ability. Obviously something stinks and honestly I am just guessing but the boys haven't looked happy or together all year. Something happened somewhere along the line. Not sure what it was, but Kev was unable to unify the squad and get them to play for each other. This year the body language was almost on par with the spoon year. Just bunch of guys playing for themselves.

Kev will get next year, I can't see them panicking when no big coach is ready to take over. McGuire is the only guy available that is day 1 ready. But I doubt these boys could stomach what he brings. But he is probably exactly what they need. The club will be unlikely willing to give anymore rookie coaches a go so unless there is someone big out there waiting it's Kev for the foreseeable.
Passion for the club is a such a low priority asset for a coach. Heaps of passionate broncos supporters out there that would terrible coaches.

I’m sick of hearing about his pride in the jersey and passion in the club. Every time a player is asked about him that’s all they can drum up, whenever Fox gives a summary of the half time speeches it’s always some shit about pride while the other coach talks about structures or tactics. Every press conference is always pride this and that.

Relying solely on emotion to motivate players for 4 years would be exhausting for them. Storm players rarely talk about Bellamy’s passion for the club, Wayne has been to like 8 clubs now, how much do you think they rely on his passion for the Dolphins?

It’s a romantic notion that has very little impact on success. Imagine floundering at your job because you’ve had poor training and the structures are terrible and every week your boss yells at you about your lack of pride in the company logo or passion for the organisation.

Why would anyone call for him to be sacked when we were winning?
Look at the ladder, look at our results?
I would love to be wrong, literally nothing on earth would make me happier then Kevvie leading us to a premiership.
However, all of the evidence suggests that he is not a good coach, it’s as simple as that, it’s not personal.
A one off grand final appearance is not proof he is a good coach.
How much failure is acceptable to not be accused of being fickle? Giving Kevvie a free pass in his first year failure, 2 of the next 3 years have been unacceptable.
It’s ’funny’ how he says last night was unacceptable, we when have accepted that kind of performance on numerous occasions …
If he ever expressed any insight into the problems or even a remote idea on how to fix them, I’d feel a lot more confident.

It’s a romantic notion that has very little impact on success. Imagine floundering at your job because you’ve had poor training and the structures are terrible and every week your boss yells at you about your lack of pride in the company logo or passion for the organisation.
Very well said. Couldn’t agree more.

He did take us from the spoon to a GF.
We could always get Seibold back.

Why would anyone call for him to be sacked when we were winning?
Look at the ladder, look at our results?
I would love to be wrong, literally nothing on earth would make me happier then Kevvie leading us to a premiership.
However, all of the evidence suggests that he is not a good coach, it’s as simple as that, it’s not personal.
A one off grand final appearance is not proof he is a good coach.
How much failure is acceptable to not be accused of being fickle? Giving Kevvie a free pass in his first year failure, 2 of the next 3 years have been unacceptable.
It’s ’funny’ how he says last night was unacceptable, we when have accepted that kind of performance on numerous occasions …
If he ever expressed any insight into the problems or even a remote idea on how to fix them, I’d feel a lot more confident.
Geez I will laugh when the titanic resurfaces next year and finishes a luxury cruise through the Atlantic. Funny how everyone was happy to jump on board when it was fully buoyant.

Pretty sure many on here have always questioned his coaching ability and mentioned the importance of getting good, quality assistants around him. Teo and Barrett ain't it.

If, by all appearances, something happened within the playing group and Kev hasn't been able to bring them together... Ok so he's not a technically great coach, but he's a culture/man-manager...but he can't get the players back on the same page either? So his strength is not even that...

So what DOES he offer then, other than being an old boy?

I can't think of anything worse than the club having to sack Kev. That said the collapse this season has made his position untenable. He has handled the whole season so poorly. One thing I won't accept is that he is the only causality. The club from top to bottom needs to be stripped back and rebuilt again. We may as well tell Reynolds to retire because we won't be competing for at title next year. He knows it, the clubs knows it and the players know it.

We have no depth and no decent players coming through that should be realistically pushing for first grade next year. We have recruited nobody for 2025. How is that good management?

If a business was running like our football department they would sack everyone.

Don't get me wrong, I don't think Kev (or anyone else at the club) should be immune to criticism, but I don't think we should be calling for him to be sacked because we missed the eight.

Over these 4 seasons Kevin has showed me he’s an average coach that had great assistants that made his average coaching ability seem better than it is. Which you can get away with, with an injury free team full of superstars like we did last year. But as soon as adversity arises he has looked absolutely clueless to what is going on around the club.

I was looking forward to the development on Ezra, Walsh and Cobbo this year and they shown more immaturity and less IQ. It’s one thing to trust young players and let go of senior players because you see the potential but Piakura and Cobbo we’re not ready which is on Kevin for not getting them ready or not identifying that they don’t have the work ethic to take on board his coaching.

Does kevvie learn from this year and identifies how to deal with adversity? Maybe

Does kevvie deal with the egos at the club that has caused this divide? I think yes

I think the fact that there is no coaches on the market signals that kevvie will be our coach. I do think that we will turn good next year, maybe not a premiership threat. But I also hope that the board of this club doesn’t look past kevvies short comings because we come 4th,5th or 6th next year and have a plan because us fans of this once great club deserve better.

Don't get me wrong, I don't think Kev (or anyone else at the club) should be immune to criticism, but I don't think we should be calling for him to be sacked because we missed the eight.

Kev's said himself the finals is a pass mark for the club. That makes 3 of 4 seasons a failure.

What are they doing to ensure next year doesn't suffer the same fate? "We'll do things differently". Great, that fills me with confidence...given that we did the same fucking thing all year and didn't improve on any of the shortcomings at all. No adjustment during the season doesn't point towards any serious changes being put in place for 2025.

Kev's said himself the finals is a pass mark for the club. That makes 3 of 4 seasons a failure.

What are they doing to ensure next year doesn't suffer the same fate? "We'll do things differently". Great, that fills me with confidence...given that we did the same fucking thing all year and didn't improve on any of the shortcomings at all. No adjustment during the season doesn't point towards any serious changes being put in place for 2025.
Yea I hope he pulls something off next season. It's frustrating no doubt about it.
Who would you replace him with?
I just can't get on board with Maguire.

Active Now

• Maddy
  • Waynesaurus
  • Pablo
  • Harry Sack
  • BRC088
  • GCBRONCO
  • Santa
  • sooticus
  • teampjta
  • Dash
  • Mr Fourex
  • Bucking Beads
  • Sproj
  • leon.bott
  • Howie
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.