THE COACH Poll: Should Kevin Walters be sacked?

Should the Broncos replace the coach?

• Yes

• No

• Undecided

Results are only viewable after voting.
If throwing more money at Walsh is gonna solve anything they’re dreaming.
If he’s not injured as much next year we could get value maybe because we will have him during origin cos ain’t no way he’s getting picked over a fit ponga

If we're going to sack him, it has to happen within the next couple of weeks so we have time to bring in a replacement for the pre-season.

Unfortunately, it doesn't look like we're going to sack him.

Whether he's just out of his depth or he's truly not getting the support he needs. It's a recipe for failure either way.

If we're going to sack him, it has to happen within the next couple of weeks so we have time to bring in a replacement for the pre-season.

Whether he's just out of his depth or he's truly not getting the support he needs. It's a recipe for failure either way.
Yup, might as well write 2025 off as a lost year. 2026 the "new coach" will need to build his roster. 2027 will be the first year the "new coach" gets to be really tested. 2028 before any real result is seen.

Yay....

Let’s hope that ponga gets knights into finals and we dodge a bullet with obrien but no matter what way you look at it we are fucked going forward

We have to keep him for next year atleast, unless there is real player unrest, there simply isn't viable alternatives out there for our club that we could realistically say are an upgrade.

We are too good of a club to be that reactive to just sack him and take what ever is available, we know we have a good squad of players and atleast under a kevvie a year ago they did a damn good job, but there is no way he can have another season not in the top 8, maybe you could argue that if the player quality wasn't there but it clearly is.

If there is one thing you can give him some credit for he did make a good squad atleast the top 17 part of that, the recruitment lost it's way in 2024 no doubt but under kevvie he did give us Walsh and Reyno our 2 key players under his reign, it's now do or die to do something with that, given this is Reynos last year and the near impossible task of replacing him is coming up.

Exactly 👍🏼

The blokes a deadset fraud

It’s the whole ‘can you separate art from the artist’ debate

Lockyer the footballer was the most clutch player you’d ever see, and for mine, should be one of the immortals from the 2000s with Johns (seeing as he’s already one unfortunately)

Lockyer the person after football has shown to be a rather unsavoury character in regards to his dealings with mining companies in PNG, his pathetic efforts as a board member, and horrendous media career. He can barely string two words together when he goes to the cliche handbook and has absolutely zero charisma.

Lockyer the player will always be one of my favourites and deserves his place, but I cannot stand the bloke that came after.

It’s the whole ‘can you separate art from the artist’ debate

Lockyer the footballer was the most clutch player you’d ever see, and for mine, should be one of the immortals from the 2000s with Johns (seeing as he’s already one unfortunately)

Lockyer the person after football has shown to be a rather unsavoury character in regards to his dealings with mining companies in PNG, his pathetic efforts as a board member, and horrendous media career. He can barely string two words together when he goes to the cliche handbook and has absolutely zero charisma.

Lockyer the player will always be one of my favourites and deserves his place, but I cannot stand the bloke that came after.
It doesn't look good from what we see but we don't really know his role, that said it is without question he is the best player the club has ever produced and no one questions that, it's a shame he never got into coaching and went the corporate route instead though, his talents are wasted imo.

It's a shame really because Kev has the passion for the club but does he have the coaching ability. Obviously something stinks and honestly I am just guessing but the boys haven't looked happy or together all year. Something happened somewhere along the line. Not sure what it was, but Kev was unable to unify the squad and get them to play for each other. This year the body language was almost on par with the spoon year. Just bunch of guys playing for themselves.

Kev will get next year, I can't see them panicking when no big coach is ready to take over. McGuire is the only guy available that is day 1 ready. But I doubt these boys could stomach what he brings. But he is probably exactly what they need. The club will be unlikely willing to give anymore rookie coaches a go so unless there is someone big out there waiting it's Kev for the foreseeable.

I’m ok with sacking Walters if we’re sacking everyone else. This is a joint effort on the fail department. No depth, no ticker, unfit, no care. The lot of them can **** off.
who is your alternative or you just wating for the club to pick someone out of their ass?

There is also the factor of players coming out of contract like Walsh especially who might not be happy about these change of events, and imo he is a generational player this club can not ever afford to lose others can say what they want but good players will attract good players to our club and Walsh is one of the best in the game.

Walsh might have left for warriors for game time but he is a Bronco junior and should be our marque for years to come, we can't afford a Walshless Bronco team it would be a dark day in our history if we lose him.

Jeez I will laugh if we come back next season and win a premiership under Walters.
You lot will be missing for weeks.

Kev has the support of the board and the players, just lacks the support of supposed Bronco fans.
Funny how no one was calling for him to be sacked this time last year.

The term fair-weather and fickle comes to mind with some of you.

Active Now

• Xzei
  • broncsgoat
  • BroncosAlways
  • barker
  • Culhwch
  • Johnny92
  • Skyblues87
  • Sproj
  • Shane Tronc
  • Bucking Beads
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.