THE COACH Poll: Should Kevin Walters be sacked?

Should the Broncos replace the coach?

• Yes

• No

• Undecided

Results are only viewable after voting.
I keep seeing that Get Ciraldo in or get Ryles in etc ... but it's just not a realistic option.

these types of assistants won't leave their current jobs for another assistant role ... they'll only leave for a head coaching gig
Or tripling their wage, it's possible. They'd be earning more than Walters to do so.

Or tripling their wage, it's possible. They'd be earning more than Walters to do so.

you MAY get them IF you do that (but i doubt it) their next moves will be planned to give them the best shot at a head coaching gig.

now, if Walters was sacked, we would probably be an attractive option for these guys .... although they'll be left wondering how the **** Paul Green beat them for the job

Yep and this is one of the flaws I am talking about. If we are going to go for an experienced coach (and just so we are clear here, I am not off the Kevvie train at all yet even though I have concerns as I think he is going alright but as most seem to agree, needs some better assistants) we need to find one with a track record of being able to rejuvenate while staying competitive. The three best at that are Bennett (unless he leaves and decides to underhandedly torch the joint on his way out), Robinson and the best of all, Bellamy. Cleary seems to be doing it too now actually. So that leave long term Super League coaches and I guess that narrows the field down to Shaun Wane but him and any other long termers will be unproven at NRL level.

So that leaves either long term average coaches like Green or even Henry or the dodginess himself, Flanagan if we want someone available with experience. If we want to go inexperienced at NRL level but runs on the board elsewhere, we are looking at Q Cup coaches, NRL assistants or relatively successful Super League coaches like Adrian Lam, Justin Holbrook (hehe), Brett Hodgson, etc. So any coach we get really if we replace Kevvie, will be unproven or have question marks hanging over them.

So keep Kevvie for now, just give him better help, especially someone who looks a gun head coach in waiting ala Ryles or Ciraldo, etc.
What about Woolf?

I keep seeing that Get Ciraldo in or get Ryles in etc ... but it's just not a realistic option.

these types of assistants won't leave their current jobs for another assistant role ... they'll only leave for a head coaching gig
Obviously. You reckon Walters has the job locked up though? I certainly don't.

show me where i ever said that
Was a question, mate. Settle.

The job is up for grabs and if they're not willing to work for it then they shouldn't even be in question. Fortunately I reckon at least Ciraldo would back himself to get the job.

Was a question, mate. Settle.

The job is up for grabs and if they're not willing to work for it then they shouldn't even be in question. Fortunately I reckon at least Ciraldo would back himself to get the job.

I'm sure Ciraldo would back himself to get the job ... once vacant. but no way he moves from the Panthers unless it is for a head coaching role (and probably not just any head coaching role)

Jason Ryles did this very thing this year going from the Storm to the Roosters.

True but I really don’t think they are the next up. Ciraldo needs to be careful of taking the right job cause he might be a good assistant but he sure as **** is not an NRL ready coach yet. Jason Ryles probably won’t leave the chooks for starters (money does talk though) and he is probably waiting out for the Storm gig.

When we also had no line speed... defence that year was built on the back of doing it for Wayne, not do it for Kearney
The thing is with the no line speed, was it actually a problem? We had the best defence in the league, it was actually highly revered. I'd take that 🤣

True but I really don’t think they are the next up. Ciraldo needs to be careful of taking the right job cause he might be a good assistant but he sure as **** is not an NRL ready coach yet. Jason Ryles probably won’t leave the chooks for starters (money does talk though) and he is probably waiting out for the Storm gig.

How do you know Ciraldo is 'sure' not ready to be a head coach yet?

Jason Ryles did this very thing this year going from the Storm to the Roosters.
The difference is, no assistant is going from the current Storm or Panthers to the current Broncos under the current Kev

Unread

Active Now

• broncsgoat
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.