THE COACH Poll: Should Kevin Walters be sacked?

Should the Broncos replace the coach?

• Yes

• No

• Undecided

Results are only viewable after voting.
I feel like I am supporting Green here (and I really don't want to) but insert your two key players there with Reynolds and Haas. Hmmm
Plus years of whinging to get calls your way
Minus being the Brisbane Broncos

Unfortunately it’s still not equal

Plus years of whinging to get calls your way
Minus being the Brisbane Broncos

Unfortunately it’s still not equal

He WAS successful in getting calls his way. Year in, year out the Cows get the softest draw and top penalties received counts.

He WAS successful in getting calls his way. Year in, year out the Cows get the softest draw and top penalties received counts.

You talk to any fan and they will tell you we get the most penalties and we get the softest draw with our friday nights, well we did anyway.

However, if you look at the stats from that time frame, no team was awarded more penalties than the Cowboys, it makes me sick.

If it's not Kevvie coaching us, it will be someone else who is relatively unproven.

The only person who I can think of that has won a comp would be Paul Green but he won that comp with Thurston and Taumololo basically dominating at the time. One of the best modern day halfbacks along side one of the best modern day forwards. Green then stepped into Origin and was a failure.

Woolf? sure, but he's had success taking over a team that had an 80% win rate before he took over.

The sad reality, there are no better options and Kevvie has improved the team.

There are plenty of other viable options than Walters. If he isnt getting the results he will get sacked. About all i see with this side is the morale is better. Apart from that, not much. We still cant defend, our attack isnt that great and we still, after a over a year of working with these blokes our game plan and structure goes out of the window.

You are critical of Woolf, but he's done a great job at a team that demands success and where there is huge pressure to perform, but what did Kevvie really achieve before he got this job. If he wasnt a Broncos legend there is no way on earth he would have the job he has now. If we put up some random coach with a resume like Walters there is no way on earth you would be putting him up for the Broncos job. Flanagan and Toovey for a start, while not my choices would be an improvement on Walters.

There are plenty of other viable options than Walters. If he isnt getting the results he will get sacked. About all i see with this side is the morale is better. Apart from that, not much. We still cant defend, our attack isnt that great and we still, after a over a year of working with these blokes our game plan and structure goes out of the window.

You are critical of Woolf, but he's done a great job at a team that demands success and where there is huge pressure to perform, but what did Kevvie really achieve before he got this job. If he wasnt a Broncos legend there is no way on earth he would have the job he has now. If we put up some random coach with a resume like Walters there is no way on earth you would be putting him up for the Broncos job. Flanagan and Toovey for a start, while not my choices would be an improvement on Walters.

Did you miss the beautiful try that was Reynolds to Oates? Have you missed seeing Kotoni getting early ball? Payne's passing before the line? Cobbo being put away regularly down the right? The inside-out passes between Reynolds and the fullback?

The team is still trying to bed them down but the structures are there. Kevvie is going ok, he certainly deserves more time.

Kevie deserves his time in his contract, he's worked and working hard with what we are able to provide him. If we are continuing on our upwards trajectory then I have no problems in giving him he's 2 years. Players are improving and juniors are developing nicely so if we arent comfortably in the top 8 as of the end of next year thats when he's times up in my opinion.

Kevie deserves his time in his contract, he's worked and working hard with what we are able to provide him. If we are continuing on our upwards trajectory then I have no problems in giving him he's 2 years. Players are improving and juniors are developing nicely so if we arent comfortably in the top 8 as of the end of next year thats when he's times up in my opinion.

He should at worst be challenging for top 8 this year though and at present, he is so to me he should be safe for now.

I think he needs to make the finals this year or at least come very close with clear improvements toward the end of the season. If not, I’m not saying sack him but I am saying have a good look at our options.

If the wheels fall off before then though his time is up.

There will be a thread identical to this one about the same bloke within 6 months of his appointment, 1.01 with tab.com.au.

It's a huge task to take a club from genuine spooners to finals worthy, not a 1-2 year job.

There will be a thread identical to this one about the same bloke within 6 months of his appointment, 1.01 with tab.com.au.

It's a huge task to take a club from genuine spooners to finals worthy, not a 1-2 year job.
Totally agree, unless of course you’re coaching the Roosters. Kev is moving in the right direction but like many on here I think he needs better assistants.

Totally agree, unless of course you’re coaching the Roosters. Kev is moving in the right direction but like many on here I think he needs better assistants.

I think the only time a team goes from near last to finals bound is when their cap is in order and they can go on a spending spree, that's not us.

If it's not Kevvie coaching us, it will be someone else who is relatively unproven.

The only person who I can think of that has won a comp would be Paul Green but he won that comp with Thurston and Taumololo basically dominating at the time. One of the best modern day halfbacks along side one of the best modern day forwards. Green then stepped into Origin and was a failure.

Woolf? sure, but he's had success taking over a team that had an 80% win rate before he took over.

The sad reality, there are no better options and Kevvie has improved the team.
Woolf has had success at every level, he took cowboys to NYC GF, Blackhawks to a GF, coached Tonga to a lot of success, including a win over Aus, won 2 ESL titles & a challenge cup. He has a sustained proven track record for his coaching methods, something our last two appointments were lacking.

Woolf has had success at every level, he took cowboys to NYC GF, Blackhawks to a GF, coached Tonga to a lot of success, including a win over Aus, won 2 ESL titles & a challenge cup. He has a sustained proven track record for his coaching methods, something our last two appointments were lacking.

His first NRL gig isn't going to be a revival job with that sort of a resume, knowing if it doesn't work out all of those accolades don't count for a whole lot.

His first NRL gig isn't going to be a revival job with that sort of a resume, knowing if it doesn't work out all of those accolades don't count for a whole lot.
Not many coaches are giving up jobs without being pushed out. Don’t think he’s about to walk in to a top 6 team anytime soon

Unread

Active Now

• Brocko
  • Broncorob
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.