THE COACH Poll: Should Kevin Walters be sacked?

Should the Broncos replace the coach?

• Yes

• No

• Undecided

Results are only viewable after voting.
I'm afraid Billy is going to play every week no matter what. Kev has to go.

I think like you have mentioned, we do put on good plays from time to time. Where i dont see it is in defence. We cant defend mistakes and we dont handle pressure. For me, getting that right should have been the priority for Kevvie from the day he started here. You have to get your defence right.

I think it is difficult to argue a lot of what we are doing is of the back of Reynolds. If he wasnt there last week, i dont see anyone else in the club lifting like he did last week. I dont want to be that club like the Cowboys where we become so reliant on one player like that.

But again, who got Reynolds to the club? Again, we can explain it away as not Kevvie, etc but that would unlikely be fair. Kevvie bought in Reynolds and Capewell to provide leadership and direction on field. Reynolds is clearly doing that.

Also, doesn't the defensive structure really fall on the defense assistant coach? Which again is an issue I think most agree on, Kevvie needs better assistants. The team's attitude has improved and they seem to get on much better and there seems to be a good vibe around the place and that needs to be squarely credited to Kevvie, this is his forte as he is an extremely likeable bloke.

I'm also not saying Kevvie has done a sterling job but there is some evidence of structure even if it gets explained away as just Reynolds doing this or that or we were doing it three years ago. There always seems to be a reason to explain away anything good the side is doing and I just want credit where it is due.

Defensively, we are I think 43 points less than this time last year, that is a lot of improvement. Now maybe that is due to quality of comparative sides, I don't know but again, to me that is a big difference. We have also scored more than last year, again improvement. Could a better coach be getting more out of this side? If it were a Bellamy, Robinson or even Arthur, probably but none of them are available.

I think this week will really tell us a lot. If we get hammered by the Sharks, yep back on the come on Kevvie train but if we put up a good showing, even going down in a tough fight, I think Kevvie should get the credit he deserves.
I think more so then the next couple of rounds the most telling rounds will be 11-14. 3 games with a bye in the middle that a decent team should beat. If Kev doesn’t manage a win during that run then might as well pick it in.

But again, who got Reynolds to the club? Again, we can explain it away as not Kevvie, etc but that would unlikely be fair. Kevvie bought in Reynolds and Capewell to provide leadership and direction on field. Reynolds is clearly doing that.

Also, doesn't the defensive structure really fall on the defense assistant coach? Which again is an issue I think most agree on, Kevvie needs better assistants. The team's attitude has improved and they seem to get on much better and there seems to be a good vibe around the place and that needs to be squarely credited to Kevvie, this is his forte as he is an extremely likeable bloke.

Reynolds would have been down to a few people and Kev would have been one of them. He was a no brainer signing for any club looking for a quality 7. My worry is more around us becoming too reliant on him.

I think the game plan, the ideology of the team, its identity, style of play structures are always down to the head coach. Its up to him to get in the right people to help him, and he chose his staff so it falls on him. His coaching staff are there to help execute the game plan basically. If they arent doing it, he needs to replace them. If he doesnt, then its probably going to cost him his job.

"Oh thats made me laugh.

Grow up kid. I am a fan of the Broncos. If you cant handle it block me again like you did because you couldnt handle any critique of your toe sucking little mate."

This gave me a chuckle, almost the ultimate pot calling the kettle black @Wolfie.

I think like you have mentioned, we do put on good plays from time to time. Where i dont see it is in defence. We cant defend mistakes and we dont handle pressure. For me, getting that right should have been the priority for Kevvie from the day he started here. You have to get your defence right.

I think it is difficult to argue a lot of what we are doing is of the back of Reynolds. If he wasnt there last week, i dont see anyone else in the club lifting like he did last week. I dont want to be that club like the Cowboys where we become so reliant on one player like that.
Who coaches the defence at the club?

To me it shouldn't be Kevvie... I don't get the feeling from him that he would know what a modern NRL defence looks like.

I feel like he knows what he's doing with the attack (evidenced by 2015 and some of our attack when we actually do get a bit of field position and possession)... and I think the players are playing for him so he can man manage.

I also don't get that from Cartwright (Titans never wrestled when he was there) or Matterson (too old school).

So who is currently responsible?

It seems to be a complete unknown

Who coach's the defence at the club?

To me it shouldn't be Kevvie... I don't get the feeling from him that he would know what a modern NRL defence looks like.

I feel like he knows what he's doing with the attack (evidenced by 2015 and some of our attack when we actually do get a bit of field position and possession)... and I think the players are playing for him so he can man manage.

I also don't get that from Cartwright (Titans never wrestled when he was there) or Matterson (too old school).

I dont think it should be Kevvie either, its too much for one bloke to take on. Its his job though to delegate to the right people and thats where i think he is found wanting. Kind of goes along with a few things i've been told. He is an excellent coach in his own area, but he's not a good head coach.

Who coaches the defence at the club?

Pretty sure Carty does the defence.

It was also the cheapest option for a CEO who had already checked out and had already blown their wad on Seibold. They didn’t even give him a presser that’s how uninspired the decision was.
no that was because our media division got punted when covid first hit , 1910 has already explained this but you seem to keep floating it.

Pretty sure Carty does the defence.
Then he should be gone and we should've brought someone better in prior to last preseason.

Our defence has been nowhere near good enough for the majority of the last 10yrs and we still don't know how to defend as a modern NRL team.

Then he should be gone and we should've brought someone better in prior to last preseason.

Our defence has been nowhere near good enough for the majority of the last 10yrs and we still don't know how to defend as a modern NRL team.
DD gave Kevvie every opportunity to make changes, he elected not to.

Woolf has had success at every level, he took cowboys to NYC GF, Blackhawks to a GF, coached Tonga to a lot of success, including a win over Aus, won 2 ESL titles & a challenge cup. He has a sustained proven track record for his coaching methods, something our last two appointments were lacking.

He got handed a team with 600 NRL games and lost the unlosable Grand Final.

58% win rate in NYC and 67% in ISC yet not a single premiership. Why?

DD gave Kevvie every opportunity to make changes, he elected not to.

I know... I fully blame Kevvie for not delegating the role correctly.

Actually further to this... it's Kevvie's job to flag an issue and request a new defensive coach, but I'm assuming it's Ikin's job to find viable candidates to be his assistants when asked. Given Ikin is the head of football.

If Kevvie never asked him to find a new defensive assistant, then it's on him... but if he had no options presented to him coming into the preseason OR Cartwright remained the best option out of what was presented to him then Ikin has to take on some of that responsibility

rooster GIF

Unread

Active Now

• Bucking Beads
  • BroncsNBundy
  • Muros
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.