THE COACH Poll: Should Kevin Walters be sacked?

Should the Broncos replace the coach?

• Yes

• No

• Undecided

Results are only viewable after voting.
He got handed a team with 600 NRL games and lost the unlosable Grand Final.

58% win rate in NYC and 67% in ISC yet not a single premiership. Why?
It happens, he’s had success since then, maybe he learned from the experience and modified his approach?

He got handed a team with 600 NRL games and lost the unlosable Grand Final.

58% win rate in NYC and 67% in ISC yet not a single premiership. Why?

Why do you think he didnt win a premiership at that level? Tbf to him he did run into a very good Jets side in 2015 that were scoring points for fun and hit a really good vein of form in that finals series. They were just a lot better on the day.

He's been excellent in Superleague and done reasonably well for Tonga. It could well be he's made errors along the way and developed into a better coach because of them.

Jason Ryles did this very thing this year going from the Storm to the Roosters.

He isn't going to do that again, especially when he's one of the favourites for the head coach role at Melbourne.

Actually further to this... it's Kevvie's job to flag an issue and request a new defensive coach, but I'm assuming it's Ikin's job to find viable candidates to be his assistants when asked. Given Ikin is the head of football.

If Kevvie never asked him to find a new defensive assistant, then it's on him... but if he had no options presented to him coming into the preseason OR Cartwright remained the best option out of what was presented to him then Ikin has to take on some of that responsibility

Imo, Kevvie needs to find one he is compatible with with help from Ikin. No point bringing in somebody Kevvie cant work with.

Actually further to this... it's Kevvie's job to flag an issue and request a new defensive coach, but I'm assuming it's Ikin's job to find viable candidates to be his assistants when asked. Given Ikin is the head of football.

If Kevvie never asked him to find a new defensive assistant, then it's on him... but if he had no options presented to him coming into the preseason OR Cartwright remained the best option out of what was presented to him then Ikin has to take on some of that responsibility
It’s Kevvie’s staff, he must have faith in them & didn’t want to make changes.

Imo, Kevvie needs to find one he is compatible with with help from Ikin. No point bringing in somebody Kevvie cant work with.
I don't imagine the process revolves around leaving everything to Ikin and Kevvie having to deal with whatever he puts in front of him... the final say is still Kevvie's, but he needs Ikin to go out and find the candidates, do the due diligence and have a recommended option in his mind to put forward to Kevvie.

Garth Brennan as an assistant coach? He has a great resumé pre Titans and it feels like he was undermined pretty badly while there.

No the guy Hayne got fired was undermined….whoever that was. I forget his name now. Garth brennan was the ash Taylor appointment wasn’t he?

Garth Brennan as an assistant coach? He has a great resumé pre Titans and it feels like he was undermined pretty badly while there.
If we're going in chronological order, don't we need Neil Henry to replace Cartwright first?

No the guy Hayne got fired was undermined….whoever that was. I forget his name now. Garth brennan was the ash Taylor appointment wasn’t he?
I'm pretty sure that was Neil Henry as well.

The thing was, the first contract the Gold Coast offered Taylor was fantastic and went along way to securing them a place in the finals. The second backfired spectacularly but you could understand what they were trying to do.

Unfortunately I think that whole Taylor situation ended up hurting the Broncos as well. Not only did it prevent them from signing Ash but it also inflated the market. If Taylor was worth a million, so was Milford, easily.

Matty Johns has shown to be a decent eye on halves, and he predicted insane heights for Taylor.

Taylor played a lot while half fit IMO .
Fit enough to go through the motions . Not fit enough to have an impact .
Early days he had acceleration and speed, later he was jogging . Hip problems ?

Taylor played a lot while half fit IMO .
Fit enough to go through the motions . Not fit enough to have an impact .
Early days he had acceleration and speed, later he was jogging . Hip problems ?

He has bad arthritis in his hips.

Unread

Active Now

• Skyblues87
  • kman
  • pennywisealfie
  • MrTickyMcG
  • Gaz
  • FACTHUNT
  • Harry Sack
  • marw
  • Astro
  • Ghost of Vlansys
  • Aldo
  • Robboi_321
  • Locky's Left Boot
  • Lurker
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.