THE COACH Poll: Should Kevin Walters be sacked?

Should the Broncos replace the coach?

• Yes

• No

• Undecided

Results are only viewable after voting.
I want to have an objective discussion here which is understandably hard after a month like this but what has happened? Kevvie had them going well back end of last year and they were humming along earlier this year, not even that long ago in fact, even after Haas did his sackable offense. So then what has happened since that has caused the wheels to fall off, self-imolate and erase itself from history? I mean to me, this is the biggest issue. What has happened?

Kevvie had a lot of trouble getting an NRL coaching gig prior to us picking him up.

Seems like they saw something we didn't.

I want to have an objective discussion here which is understandably hard after a month like this but what has happened? Kevvie had them going well back end of last year and they were humming along earlier this year, not even that long ago in fact, even after Haas did his sackable offense. So then what has happened since that has caused the wheels to fall off, self-imolate and erase itself from history? I mean to me, this is the biggest issue. What has happened?
You’ve also got to look at what is available. If you are to move Kevvie on who do you replace him with?

Flannagan is the only coach I can think of that stands out, sadly Green has passed away, Ciraldo taken. I think Kevvie has gone from a comfortable offseason to needing to start the season well to keep his job.

I have had trust for him but now I've completely lost hope in Walters. At season end his contract needs to be torn up and we look to a new coach in the pre-season. We need a coach that works on defence and set plays just like Bellamy.

You’ve also got to look at what is available. If you are to move Kevvie on who do you replace him with?

Flannagan is the only coach I can think of that stands out, sadly Green has passed away, Ciraldo taken. I think Kevvie has gone from a comfortable offseason to needing to start the season well to keep his job.

I'm not sure Flanagan is the answer either. I would be looking to the Super League.

I have had trust for him but now I've completely lost hope in Walters. At season end his contract needs to be torn up and we look to a new coach in the pre-season. We need a coach that works on defence and set plays just like Bellamy.

We need a coach that prioritizes the wrestle.

Melbourne, Panthers, Roosters, the reason why they get away with so much is because they consistently win the tackles which allows them that extra time to lay all over the opposition. Listen to Smith in interviews when he talks about the Storm, they prioritize the wrestle and winning the tackle because it goes a long way towards smothering your opposition out of the game.

But we want to play the nice guy role.

Flanagan for sure. He's easily one of the better Rugby League coaches going around. Maybe there is an image problem there but it doesn't worry me as a fan, and if Fox can employee him what's the issue?

Eres un idiota
Give up, Kev.
No one is buying what you are selling.
I wrote 6 months ago this would happen and you got personally abusive then too.
On 3,2,1, #butIambetterthanSeibold #brokenrecord #can'tcoach #onlyoneidiotaahere

Flanagan for sure. He's easily one of the better Rugby League coaches going around. Maybe there is an image problem there but it doesn't worry me as a fan, and if Fox can employee him what's the issue?
I would have been a hard no to Flannagan any time in the past, but some of his commentary and game analysis on Fox is first class and he clearly knows what he is doing.

The same issues it has always been with Kev. Poor bench use, illogical team lists, contradictory reasoning for players getting dropped, no line speed in defence, poor structure in attack.

I don’t see the Broncos as an organisation moving Walters on, can’t imagine he gets re-signed either. He was strong armed into the position to perform a role and that’s it.

He’ll be here next year and assuming nothing changes roster wise a bottom 8 finish would be another pass mark.

The dumb **** needs to be sacked after this game

kev can go **** himself , absolute wanker whos fucked our season **** him

Gone from top 4 to 9th in a few weeks, This **** has got no idea.

Should be sacked at full-time

Has this flog been sacked yet?

Just so we're 100% clear......

you're against Kevie staying on as coach....yeah?

Schitts Creek Reaction GIF by CBC

This implosion has been spectacular. Even other forums are surprised.

I didn't see it coming either.

His signed till end of next year. Just be happy it wasn’t a 5 year deal like someone we know.

Active Now

• Painin the Haas
  • Hurrijo
  • Sproj
  • Pigskin
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Locky's Left Boot
  • Broncosgirl
  • Lazza
  • bb_gun
  • Alec
  • Battler
  • Griffo
  • lynx000
  • Mighty Bronx
  • Astro
  • cento
... and 1 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.