THE COACH Poll: Should Kevin Walters be sacked?

Should the Broncos replace the coach?

• Yes

• No

• Undecided

Results are only viewable after voting.
Wonder how that opinion goes down around the squad though, especially considering some of our players .....apparently(?) do have a small problem with kev.

Sorry guys, dad is blameless, it's all you pleb players who are to blame for our shit season.

Haas should sock him one and tell him to shut up.
Or they take some accountability and realise they're the ones who have dished some pretty poor efforts this year.

You said 14 years, not games. Anyway, one game is hardly breaking a hoodoo. Law of averages suggests you will get the odd win here and there.

He's done a lot of good Kevvie, but he's been in charge when we have had one of the biggest chokes in a grand final and one of the most monumental collapses i've seen from any team in any sport, and thats on top of how bad we have actually performed this year. Injuries arent any excuse for the way we have played in a lot of games. If he gets lauded for when we play well, logically, its on him as well when we play poorly. Cant have things both ways.
Think our collapse will always be behind the storm getting 40 put on them by Manly while cheating the cap so delicious

Think our collapse will always be behind the storm getting 40 put on them by Manly while cheating the cap so delicious

For a one of game, it was a shocking performance, no doubt. I still think our 2022 collapse is a shocker.

I Dont Believe You Will Ferrell GIF
Kevvie gets eternal credit from me for that origin game he won us all the way back when he booted the ball downfield from our own end with only a couple minutes left on the clock. It's one of my all time favourite origin plays.

Kev has to get next year because of 2023.
Concerns are the way we play, the way we have dropped out of the 8 in 22 and this year and how he gets our squad back into shape.
I wonder what will be enough to keep him after next year. Top8?
We have the core of a premiership squad it's up to the coach to put the pieces into place around that core.

Concerns are the way we play, the way we have dropped out of the 8 in 22 and this year and how he gets our squad back into shape.
We have the core of a premiership squad it's up to the coach to put the pieces into place around that core.

If he doesn't get them in to the top 8, he's gone.

Agree.
For mine, the plan for 2025 should’ve already begun. With the players we are about to loose/cut/ let go, Kev should’ve had a very clear idea as to where’s the squad at and what kind of players do we need to fill with.

Players we want, their availability, would they come to our club & how much we end up paying them is all well beyond Kev’s hands by now i would imagine.

First & foremost, Kev and his incoming assistants MUST absolutely focus on conditioning & fitness. No player should be exempt from this.

Next in priority is, STRUCTURE. Everyones role must be broken down & simplified so that they absolutely know wtf they’re supposed to do & improve on.

Flashy & miracle plays must be stopped.

Holding & Passing the footy must be paramount. No fuckin butter fingers & dumb stupid passes.

Drilling some mongrel should be prioritized.

To top it all, footy smartness should be drilled.

I’m positive that if the above are met, results WILL come our way & we will end up being ‘The team’ no one can beat not just next year but years to come.

I'm happy to give Walters another shot but only if he drops his hopeless son Billy from the team. We need a coach that doesn't favour he's players because their his son.

Wonder how that opinion goes down around the squad though, especially considering some of our players .....apparently(?) do have a small problem with kev.

Sorry guys, dad is blameless, it's all you pleb players who are to blame for our shit season.

Haas should sock him one and tell him to shut up.
With absolutely nothing to back up what I’m saying I get the vibe that the big dogs in the squad are a fan of Kev; (Reyno, Haas, Staggs, Carrigan)

Top 4 or gone for me, more than likely Reynolds last year and coming of a very disappointing year, If they can’t get going early and consistently next year than that should be the straw that breaks the camels back.

With absolutely nothing to back up what I’m saying I get the vibe that the big dogs in the squad are a fan of Kev; (Reyno, Haas, Staggs, Carrigan)

Thats my vibe as well....... the senior playing group is backing Kev all the way.

and really, what reports
and from whom
are suggesting there is disharmony within the camp?

I'm happy to give Walters another shot but only if he drops his hopeless son Billy from the team. We need a coach that doesn't favour he's players because their his son.

Are you replacing Billy with Mozer.....?

Are you replacing Billy with Mozer.....?
For sure only with the few games Mozer has played you can already see he's leagues above Billy Walters. The more time he receives on the field the better, I can see him becoming an amazing 80 minute dummyhalf.

For sure only with the few games Mozer has played you can already see he's leagues above Billy Walters. The more time he receives on the field the better, I can see him becoming an amazing 80 minute dummyhalf.
Regardless of the number he wears next year he will be our Hooker, like the Hunt/Grant rotation (Grant is still the hooker even if Hunt wears the 9). I still think Billy will play the first 20 or so and Mozer will come on for the rest and get us around. Been loving watching our tempo increase when he comes on!

A real nail biter tomorrow night: battle of the super coaches. A chance for Barrett to show he has what it takes to take over Kevvie's job next season.

Not much in it: both have 2 wins since Round 12.

This is a chance for Barrett to not only end the Broncos' season, but potentially Kevvie's tenure as head coach.

A real nail biter tomorrow night: battle of the super coaches. A chance for Barrett to show he has what it takes to take over Kevvie's job next season.

Not much in it: both have 2 wins since Round 12.

This is a chance for Barrett to not only end the Broncos' season, but potentially Kevvie's tenure as head coach.
It will be tough but the exclusion of Mam seems to have stiffened up our edge defence.

Active Now

• Allo
  • Foordy
  • cento
  • bb_gun
  • Astro
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.