THE COACH Poll: Should Kevin Walters be sacked?

Should the Broncos replace the coach?

• Yes

• No

• Undecided

Results are only viewable after voting.
yes and it it still no were near as bad as those seibols years. did you even bother reading the rest of my post or just one line?
I did, you're on the same page as Buzz Rothfield. Let's just get it over and done with rather than piss another year down the toilet.

Both times we were a decimated team......and down on confidence.
Even more down on points.

the thing some of you blokes seem to forget is what an absolute basket case we were before kev came on. if he didnt get us within 3 minutes of winning the whole thing last year i might agree with alot of you.

but im sorry since arriving he has improved us every single year bar this one. to me that alone gives him one more year to try and see if he has learnt from his mistakes this year

emotions are high right now from alot of us so i understand to an extend were the sack kev stuff is coming from. we are angry and want instant results. but unless we have a bellamy quality coach lined up i feel sacking kev will only hurt this club more

and im not saying this year is acceptable it aboslutly is not. but i still feel kev has earnt the right to try and fix this mess. again if we are in this same situation next year no excuses kev you cave it your best but its time to move on.

I don’t know about you, but what I saw on Saturday night looked no better or different than what we saw in 2020.

We have a much better and more experienced squad than we did back then, but we’re still producing performances which are utterly pitiful and lacking all heart.

I’m thankful for Kevvie for dragging us off the bottom of the table and starting to get things turned around, and I think he should get another coaching gig somewhere, but I think we need to step up if we want to be seriously competitive.

I think Kevvie was the perfect ‘bridging’ coach.

We went from a purely old-school, traditional, extremely simple game plan and approach based on effort, passion, heart and individual brilliance under Wayne directly to an ultra-modern, new-age, super technical scientific approach under Seibold and the transition was so jarring it completely fractured the club.

Kevvie gave us the perfect middle ground - still the heart, soul, passion, history and motivation of the old fashioned Wayne approach, but with a little more of the strategy, focus and modern adaptations necessary to be successful in today’s game.

He’s done a great job at laying some foundations - a focus on PTB speed, the importance of a structured kick chase and blockers on kick returns etc. which were arguably lacking under Wayne.

But we’re still clearly a step behind the elite and, if we want to truly challenge the top end of the ladder, I think we need to bring someone to build on the foundation Kevvie has laid and really instill a proper system and elevate the club further.

I would really like to know what Alf thinks about the situation......

And it continues. Respected league analyst Paul Crawley says Kevvie is "completely out of his depth". Ouch. He says to go to beg Ben Ikin to come back lol. By the by, for anyone with Foxtel, don't forget tonights NRL 360. Should be some delicious viewing watching Gordy tear youse a new one again 😊

The problem with this is-
Respected league analyst Paul Crawley.
Another flog

Kev might take Crawleys job at fox when he gets punted or better still his mate Tallis job

I believe there’s a head coaching gig coming up in PNG and maybe Perth.
Good opportunity for kev

I respect Kevie both as good bloke and a great player but I can't hold him in high regards as a coach. Just remembering what Cobbo said for one thing. I would hold him as an assistant coach, but he needs to be replaced as our full-time coach. We need someone to make the tough calls and someone to bring changes to our squad as well.
Walters is a poor coach, and his poor decisions to let Herbie, Tom and Kurt go had a massive effect on the teams defense out wide, kick return punch , and a lack of quality offloads this season.
The only reason we got to the Grand final last year was,
1. Reynolds role as a player & on field coach,
2. The inclusion in the team of the above mentioned 3 crucial experienced players,
3. The fortunate twist of fate of getting Walsh back. (remember it was Walters who let him go to the Warriors in the first place).
This excuse about couldn't keep them because of salary cap is bullshit, the Broncos hierarchy's job is first and foremost to ensure we make finals each year at all costs, meaning never get rid of a good player unless you have a better player to take their place.
There can be no doubt Herbie was the best centre at the club last season and pivotal reason of why we made the finals. How ironic it is then that his outstanding performance on the weekend for the Dolphins, is now the very reason we didn't make the finals this year!

Kevvie has now missed the finals in 3 out of his 4 seasons as coach.

2 of those seasons saw absolute capitulation into the end of the year and some results and performances which are totally unacceptable.

The 1 season we did make the finals, our play was still riddled with an abundance of errors and attack that was centred around individual brilliance, rather than any sort of offensive system.

Kevvie is probably a passable coach for a lot of teams, and he’s probably a very good assistant coach, but if we want to return to consistently challenging for the top 4 and premierships, we need someone better.
Kev has improved us each year since he's been here bar 1 , blah blah.
Not that big a deal coming off the spoon then 14th.
What about improving our offensive structures so when Reyno breaks then the next bloke can slot in.
What about teaching Staggs to put his winger away when he throws his opposite aside, instead of trying to push the winger away as well.
What about improving Walsh's positioning and organising in D and his mistake rate .
Our physicality down the middle, some simple decoy moves around the ruck.
Our ability to adapt the D during a game when ( The dogs ) show their hand early but we just keep jamming in, then let Redcliffe do it to us again a few weeks later.
What about being able to run the second man plays like every other team in the comp inside 20.
Losing I can take , not improving on obvious faults that are basics I can't cop.

Having one of the coaches good mates in the media bagging out the club captain twice says a lot in my opinion. Just maybe the first time is just Gordie being a knob. But Kevin should have shut that down quick smart as there is no upside. Happening twice just tells the playing group there coach is backgrounding. I can’t see how certain parts of playing group come back from that. If it is just Gordon speaking out of turn a second time, Kevin would have immediately shut it down publicly. There is no upside to bagging the one player the club relies most heavily on.

Having one of the coaches good mates in the media bagging out the club captain twice says a lot in my opinion. Just maybe the first time is just Gordie being a knob. But Kevin should have shut that down quick smart as there is no upside. Happening twice just tells the playing group there coach is backgrounding. I can’t see how certain parts of playing group come back from that. If it is just Gordon speaking out of turn a second time, Kevin would have immediately shut it down publicly. There is no upside to bagging the one player the club relies most heavily on.
Yeah couldn’t agree more. The fact (unless I’m wrong) that Kev didn’t publicly and loudly distance himself from Gordon’s comment says everything you need to know

Active Now

• GCBRONCO
  • Sproj
  • Mightybroncs2k17
  • Ghost of Vlansys
  • Dexter
  • Battler
  • Brocko
  • Financeguy
  • Johnny92
  • Hurrijo
  • BroncosAlways
  • cento
  • LittleDavey
  • Fitzy
  • Xzei
  • Bucking Beads
  • Totally Unr3al
  • Broncosgirl
  • Dash
... and 7 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.