THE COACH Poll: Should Kevin Walters be sacked?

Should the Broncos replace the coach?

• Yes

• No

• Undecided

Results are only viewable after voting.
I just cannot stand Slater. Cheater with the storm 3, torched us numerous times, got away with bs against us numerous times. Just a feel thing at the end of the day I guess, seems like he absolutely detests the club.
He’s done next to nothing as a coach apart from winning a couple of origin series against a side coached by Brad Fittler ffs.

Calm your tits.
It's cool you do all that, but you are perpetually miserable with this club and it shows in every thread in every post.
Short of winning the GF every year you would be pissed and hanging shit on the club in some manner.
It’s impossible to know because for 5 years we’ve either made it to the GF or missed the finals entirely. I think most fans would be fairly content with top 6 finishes.

‘Not how a rugby league team should run’: Former Broncos staffer’s insight into Kevvie’s culture

Mark ‘Chopper’ Burgess, joined Bill McDonald on 4BC Mornings to discuss how the Broncos culture under Kevin Walters is very different compared to when Wayne Bennett was in charge.
Burgess said under Kevvie’s leadership there were too many coaches, with almost a specific coach for every player and their gym looked more like a hairdressing salon. He said Kevin Walters’ coaching style was very much ‘his way or the highway’ and that you cannot compare him to Wayne Bennett, Michael Maguire or Craig Bellamy.

Thoughts?
Great interview with a lot of good points. Will be surprised if the media doesn't run with this.

While some of it just screams "back in my day we didn't need all this fancy stuff" regarding training and high performance, and I could talk at length about advances in sport science, the basics of what he's saying is spot on. Too many yes men is never good in any organisation. Lockyer seems to be one of those yes men too, so off to the trebuchet for him as well.

Also 100% agree about the lack of attitude in defence and mental resilience. Payne Haas could teach Kevin about that. Speaking of Haas, playing him for that long in a well decided game with a fucked foot that now needs surgery just shows the type of moron that he is.

This just further shows that Walters as a coach just relies on positivity and good vibes who lacks the coaching intelligence to build and develop a successful club. Defensive system is in shambles. Attacking structure is hope Haas or Carrigan gets a quick play the ball so someone fast can do something. It's as if all the focus has been on everywhere but the basics.

‘Not how a rugby league team should run’: Former Broncos staffer’s insight into Kevvie’s culture

Mark ‘Chopper’ Burgess, joined Bill McDonald on 4BC Mornings to discuss how the Broncos culture under Kevin Walters is very different compared to when Wayne Bennett was in charge.
Burgess said under Kevvie’s leadership there were too many coaches, with almost a specific coach for every player and their gym looked more like a hairdressing salon. He said Kevin Walters’ coaching style was very much ‘his way or the highway’ and that you cannot compare him to Wayne Bennett, Michael Maguire or Craig Bellamy.

Thoughts?
Seems a bit of a character but pretty damming stuff from an insider that confirms a lot of our bigger concerns.

Staff all bailing or being unable to get along with Kev.

Kevie said he will get to the bottom of it boys :rofl :rofl

Trust the process boys :rofl

I think it’s a combination. A guy who worked at the club under Kev literally just said that anyone who didn’t fully agree with Kev would end up gone.

Who am I to not believe him?

He also confirmed what Selwyn and Gamble said .
Good bloke - shit coach .

When Selwyn said it there was an uproar . Sack him !

Well ....

What insights do you have re these guys to form that opinion ?
The obvious concern about Trent is his record as head coach is abysmal, but he does have an OK record as assistant, so it's not a guaranteed failure of an appointment. It comes with question marks, which is why I said 'concern' and not stronger language.
BT is an interesting one. I said "he isn't it" somewhat off-handedly, really because I am looking for proven options, by which I mean success at NRL level either as an assistant or head coach. For all I know Ben might be the next big thing, so rather than "he isn't it" perhaps it would be better to say "there's no evidence to say he is it". And whilst Ben might be the next big thing, where this team is right now I am not looking for 'might'.

Wayne Bennett - "its my way or the highway". Legend coach

Kevin Walters - "its my way or the highway". Screams nepotism......poison....don't disagree with KW or you'll get the sack.

?

Its not surprising than an old school guy walks into a modern day environment and goes wtf is happening here. Welcome to the world we now live in old mate.......
its completely cooked.

Active Now

• Sproj
  • Harry Sack
  • Old Mate
  • Bucking Beads
  • Johnny92
  • Morkel
  • bb_gun
  • Manofoneway
  • Santa
  • levikaden
  • jd87
  • BroncosAlways
  • the_next
  • theshed
  • Mum-the-meatloaf
  • ivanhungryjak
  • Skyblues87
  • HVbronco
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
... and 13 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.