Kimlo

Kimlo

International Captain
Senior Staff
Apr 26, 2008
Clintos said:
broncospwn said:
FCB BB AKA MB said:
Pearce tonight made Lockyer look like Tonie Carroll in defense, some of the worst jersey grab attempts of alltime.
[icon_lol1. [icon_lol1. [icon_lol1.
That Sisa Waqa guy though would have to be hands down worst winger in the NRL lol, I could just imagine if it was folau and hodges on that left side.

He's still adapting to Rugby League...give the bloke a break. I thought he made some nice tackles tonight, but he was caught out of position numerous times.

Considering he has been playing Rugby League for 5 months, I reckon he did OK.
He was horrible, he was up against micheals and winters and got hammered, if he was up against folau and hodges than I couldn't imagine what would of happened to the poor bloke.

Haven't seen him play before now, may of been a off game, but he was horrible tongith I thought.

T

The Brizz

Deactivated
Mar 4, 2008
With regard to Hunt, he did do some good things when we were on attack tonight which is nice. But am I the only one (haven't read the whole thread) who thinks something is missing with him. He isn't running the ball up hard anymore very often passing or baulking just before the line and a few times in recent weeks he has seemed way out of position on short kicks and not as urgent as usual getting across to them. Just seems like he isn't giving 100% like we all expect from him (one of his biggest strengths is his commitment) if that is the contract talks playing on his mind I don't know but he certainly doesn't seem like his full self. As I said he did do plenty of good stuff tonight and I am in no way criticising his performance.

M

Mattycat

U18 Player
Sep 14, 2008
We lack spark in the dummy half area. Sorry, Gorrell has to go. McCullough should play 80.

Agree 100%

And Folau needs to be put in the centres....he needs more of the ball, he looked great when he had the ball tonight. I'm really disappointed in Michaels. He was resigned over Boyd and Kemp and I'd sooner have one of those guys back atm.

S

subsbligh

NRL Captain
Mar 16, 2008
Anasta's try was like he was playing under 8s. Pathetic. But so was Pearce's no try.

Pearce's no try was like kick through, have a breather, wait 5 minutes, check the watch, oh shit the Broncs are chasing here, oh ok I might go this myself - WOOPS ca't catch.

Pearce's actual try was so bad - Hunt - wtf man? Had him covered then just got owned.

The Roosters were dismal tonight. Michaels had a good, if not hoggish, game. Winterstein's try was the highlight (but also highlighted how shit the Roosters are).

King_Lockyer

King_Lockyer

NYC Player
Mar 4, 2008
FCB BB AKA MB said:
With regard to Hunt, he did do some good things when we were on attack tonight which is nice. But am I the only one (haven't read the whole thread) who thinks something is missing with him. He isn't running the ball up hard anymore very often passing or baulking just before the line and a few times in recent weeks he has seemed way out of position on short kicks and not as urgent as usual getting across to them. Just seems like he isn't giving 100% like we all expect from him (one of his biggest strengths is his commitment) if that is the contract talks playing on his mind I don't know but he certainly doesn't seem like his full self. As I said he did do plenty of good stuff tonight and I am in no way criticising his performance.

He is still recovering from a bad virus don't forget.

Old Mate

Old Mate

NRL Player
Jul 5, 2008
Jazza said:
I reckon Slater and Bowen would have taken Pearce down by letting him get around a bit and then using their pace. Problem is that Hunt isn't fast enough to do this. He gets burned more often than any other fullback imo, but his kick defense makes up for it.
They were to close to the tryline for that to work I thought.

R

ronnyd

QCup Player
Mar 14, 2008
I was quite impressed with Hunt, I think the difference between us scoring points this week and not last week was him getting more involved in attack (and that the roosters can't defend). Really got to work on his one on one defence, that was embarrassing getting stood up by pearce.

I thought Lockyer was abysmal tho, worst game I can remember him having in ages.

Jeba

Jeba

International
Mar 4, 2008
Yeh I thought Hunt was MOTM just in front of Clinton.

Overall pretty happy with the performance and the last bit of the game doesn't worry me too much, as we've seen a fair bit of 'clocking off' from the Broncos over the years.

Good to see Winterstein getting a bit more involved, I would love to see Izzy playing centre inside of him. Michaels just drops too much ball.

Gorrell I agree has to go, he provides no spark whatsoever.

L

lyn

QCup Player
May 6, 2008
Are you serious. I thought he was going great on the kick returns.

ningnangnong

ningnangnong

HACK THE PLANET!!!
Forum Staff
Mar 5, 2008
Happy to get the two points obviously.

In my eyes though, it was a fairly ordinary performance and i was very disappointed with the way we nearly capitulated at the end regardless of how young the team is.

I was delighted with Winterstein's performance, he was excellent attacking wise.

Hunt also played very well IMO. Don't understand why some people are criticising him.

Folau and Hodges had solid games.

Steve Michaels was mediocre once again.

Lockyer and Wallace were below par, and both made some silly errors at important moments.

Our forward pack was steady, Thaiday probably the standout for all the hard work he did.

How good was Dave Taylor's pass for Michaels try? [icon_ee icon_thumbs_u

ethos

ethos

NRL Player
Mar 4, 2008
lyn said:
Are you serious. I thought he was going great on the kick returns.

Same. I thought his kick returns were average, up until last night.

We do need to get him the ball more often though and I agree that he should switch with Michaels. I had a lot of faith in Michaels' ability but now I'm not sure. However, he has shown in the past that he's a reliable finisher on the wing outside of Hodges, so it would be best for the team if he moved back out there again.

Foordy

Foordy

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
I watching the post match interviews on fox sports new and Anasta was whinging that Myles got penalized for KICKING PARKER IN THE FACE WTF. (if you don't get penalized for that, then there is no such thing as a penalty in the game) [icon_non the reporters asked him if he thought Parker dived to get the penalty and he implied that was exactly what he thought. IMO, anyone that gets kicked in the face with footy boots will be falling to the ground... Myles should be sitting on the sidelines for at least a few weeks for that incident, or the system is a joke.

Kaz

Kaz

State of Origin Captain
Mar 5, 2008
You're a diver, Corey

ROOSTERS captain Braith Anasta last night slammed Corey Parker as a diver after the Broncos forward was felled by a Nate Myles kick

In a bitter aftermath to a spiteful Good Friday encounter, Anasta said Parker "deserves a trophy" for going down after he was struck by the Queensland prop's foot in a play the ball struggle.

http://www.news.com.au/heraldsun/sport/ ... 23,00.html

Hark at Anasta, he has dived several times.

If you view the kick again, it looks like Myles could see him.

schmix

schmix

NRL Player
Mar 4, 2008
I hate divers but I really don't think Parker is one. He would have already been off balance in an attempt to avoid the kick altogether, so when he actually copped it he fell backwards. I was surprised it was a penalty (though I haven't seen it close up), and Parker said he was too.

Also, re Folau, I thought his kick returns and dummy half runs were fantastic last night. Like others I have been a little disappointed up until now, but he was regularly making 15+ meters through traffic against the roosters.

M

mjc

BRL Player
Jan 14, 2009
Jarryd Hayne is a diver... Parker is not... I think Myles has a case to answer here, it looks like he was looking straight at Parker when he kicked out at him.

Our kicking game the last two rounds has been absolutely woeful... that being said the second half was much better than the first last night, still it needs to improve a lot.

Probably gonna get chewed for this one but if Hunt leaves.... I wonder how Folau would go at fullback if he trained well for the position - he's so safe under the high ball, could return it pretty powerfully too and he'd be able to get his hands on the ball more on either side of the field. Maybe even in attack could slot up on the wing with one of the wingers playing traditional fullback role so we could still use him for the kicks to the corner in attack.

Fozz

Fozz

International Captain
Senior Staff
Mar 4, 2008
I agree with Rocky that Izzy's kick returns are a bit weak. I've never seen him bust tackles on a kick return and he goes down a little too easily.

Ironbroncos

Ironbroncos

QCup Player
May 2, 2008
I thought Hunts game was good, his hand in those tries and scoring himself was a highlight, just think some of his runs lacked intensity and was easily picked off with ball in hand..

Folaus kick returns werent that great either, but atleast he was safe and didnt give you that "hope he aint gonna drop the ball" feeling like Clinton/Taylor/Michaels

good win, another 2 points in the bank, and the only way is forward

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Sproj
  • Cavalo
  • Rambstien
  • Xzei
  • Hoof Hearted
  • Old Mate
  • winslow_wong
  • Harry Sack
  • BroncosAlways
  • Midean
  • Strop
  • Dash
  • Bucking Beads
... and 2 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.