POST GAME POST GAME [Round 8, 2023] Broncos vs Eels

Who actually decides the outcome of a judiciary hearing? The NRL have already gone out of there way to charge Haas for a tackle that isn't illegal, I really can't imagine them being impartial if he decides to challenge. Surely it's like ex-players or something right?

Yet to see a proper 80 minute performance from this group.

Dont know yet if thats a positive or not, but 7-1 tells me it is.

If we can win 50% of these upcoming fixtures we will almost certainly be a semi final team this year.

But we have had a nice draw, few injuries and suspensions. Its been a confluence of events that have helped our record.

But eventually, these things catch up to you.

So next few weeks will tell us a lot about this playing group...
The injury toll is the key. Currently an empty sick bay which is a total rarity in this sport. Logic says that the injuries will eventually come like it does for all sides. A couple of key setbacks and the fortunes of this season could turn.

But if the unlikely happens and the injury toll remains light, then this team is in it up to their eyeballs. Origin will once again have an effect but it will for all the top sides. Intriguing times ahead. As a fan, it's great to be dreaming about premierships again rather than dreading another 40-50 point thrashing.

I think we
342723153 197177583080053 5706290424212324459 n

the NRL have today re-posted a video (i'm pretty sure from the pre-season) Annesley explaining the hip drop tackle.

not one of charged tackles (and that includes Hopgood) is remotely similar to what Annesley says a hip drop tackle actually is

NONE of those examples are one on one tackles, all of those "good" examples had the benefit of other defenders. Anyways, based on the wording, Haas' tackle wasn't a hip drop, but it will be deemed forceful contact with the opponents legs.

Off the top of my head, I can’t think of a single rule change introduced in recent years that benefit the defence. All PVL cares about is points being scored
This is the BBL/20Twenty mentality. I can't decide for myself if they are trying to drive a market demand, or responding to it. Rugby League used to be gladiatorial. Fans appreciated good defensive efforts in the past, but due to recent legal issues regarding former players' health, there is certainly a reason to try to protect the health of the players. So, changing the sport towards one where players focus on attack, rather than defense (i.e. big hits) is in the interest of the NRL.

I have noticed that some posters here also prefer the fanciful football more than the grind, and for inviting new fans to the game, it is far easier to attract them with successful attacking plays, rather than with gritty, desperate defensive, low-scoring matches.

This is the BBL/20Twenty mentality. I can't decide for myself if they are trying to drive a market demand, or responding to it. Rugby League used to be gladiatorial. Fans appreciated good defensive efforts in the past, but due to recent legal issues regarding former players' health, there is certainly a reason to try to protect the health of the players. So, changing the sport towards one where players focus on attack, rather than defense (i.e. big hits) is in the interest of the NRL.

I have noticed that some posters here also prefer the fanciful football more than the grind, and for inviting new fans to the game, it is far easier to attract them with successful attacking plays, rather than with gritty, desperate defensive, low-scoring matches.
It's for the kids... they want to keep producing a product that keeps them interested.

T20 keeps them interested for boundaries, sixes and wickets... Rugba Leeeeeg is all about tries and highlight packages they can post on Twitter, Insta and TikTok.

It's for the kids... they want to keep producing a product that keeps them interested.

T20 keeps them interested for boundaries, sixes and wickets... Rugba Leeeeeg is all about tries and highlight packages they can post on Twitter, Insta and TikTok.
Not only kids. Of course, this is about keeping kids playing the game, but it definitely about attracting more fans regardless of age. The modern society has, in general, a much shorter attention span these days.

We can just use the Hopgood tackle as our defence.

AND use Arthur's testimony of them all being the same during his campaign against him, that would be so poetic.

Watching the replay, I don't understand why we didn't take the two late in the game.

With about 11 minutes left on the clock, we receive a penalty on the Eels line for them being offside and in a very kickable position but instead of taking the two, we opt for the try and Oates ends up fumbling a bad pass from Walsh.

I get the idea of wanting a try, but in that situation being 10 in front with a man in the bin and the conditions the way they were, it was the smarter decision to take the two.

We chew up some time on the clock and we go 12 in front.

There's a few people that just don't want to hear anything negative about him for some reason, where just pointing out those faults turns someone into a villain. It's crap. I've said it a million times, I hope he pulls his head in and shows improvement on the areas he needs it, but from what I have heard FROM THOSE IN THE KNOW, I am worried he won't. The rest of you can go along blindly, I don't need to tell you what I hear anymore. Just wait for Smokin' Joe to never respond instead.
the hypocrisy is the most enjoyable part for me

Just heard Girdler talking about the Hopgood tackle. He defended it saying it was a one on one tackle defending his line . Did the stupid **** even watch the game.
Started as a 3 on on 1 then finished 2 on 1.
What chance has the game got with fucktards like him in the media and there are plenty of them.

Watching the replay, I don't understand why we didn't take the two late in the game.

With about 11 minutes left on the clock, we receive a penalty on the Eels line for them being offside and in a very kickable position but instead of taking the two, we opt for the try and Oates ends up fumbling a bad pass from Walsh.

I get the idea of wanting a try, but in that situation being 10 in front with a man in the bin and the conditions the way they were, it was the smarter decision to take the two.

We chew up some time on the clock and we go 12 in front.
I thought the exact same thing at the time but you just dont know what the players are seeing. Probably looked as though Parra had some super tired forwards and Reyno fancied his chances. If they had have put oates over the line we wouldnt have complained!

AND use Arthur's testimony of them all being the same during his campaign against him, that would be so poetic.

Yeah , but Arthurs qualified it with ; I`m not an expert .
And if they were all the same his guy would be having a week`s holiday too .

That’s the insane part. They were charged with dangerous contact, not specifically a hip drop. It means that any tackle that accidentally causes injury can be interpreted as dangerous contact. It gives the nrl the ability to pick and choose what they see as a dangerous tackle. They’ll say Haas’s was hip drop even though by their own definition wasn’t but also deny the chance of appeal by making the charge vague and open to interpretation. And threaten to extend suspension if they do want to argue! **** me! It’s just a fucking shit show.
Annersley is on Triple M and defined a hip drop. Lol which isn’t what Mam and Hass did lol

Did the triple m team pull him up on it then?
Bahahahaha, that’s a good one.

No offence meant by the way but I am guessing you haven’t listened to much of those morons if you think it is possible that they pull any one up on anything. They aren’t interested in anything like that, they just want to use there time to say the same cliches and make fat jokes at Dobbo’s expense.

I mean Dobbo kept saying it was Simmonson that did the Parra Hip Drop when he wasn’t even on the field at that time lol.

Active Now

• Aldo
  • Bucking Beads
  • mieko
  • Broncosgirl
  • Manofoneway
  • Broncosarethebest
  • bert_lifts
  • Turks85
  • Galah
  • BroncosFan_Corey
  • Waynesaurus
  • Xzei
  • GCBRONCO
  • Sproj
  • Gaz
  • MaroubraBroncos
... and 4 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.