POST MORTEM. Cowboys Broncs Grand Final.

Phew...

Commiserations everyone. Sunday's loss was easily the most devastating loss a team has had to endure and it sucks that the Broncos side of the story won't be covered unless they qualify for the Grand Final.

I'm quietly confident they will in 2016 and 2017 and will win.

In which case, I'll be there and hopefully we can do a better job of organising something. Just behalf of the team, I'm sorry we couldn't work something out. The last week was an absolute whirlwind and without knowing Sydney, it was hard to really find a good place to go or anything. Next time, we'll make sure everyone is on the same page and I'm sure we'll have something to celebrate.

The loss was absolutely devastating, but I was so proud of the boys, I wore my Broncos jersey all the way home. Didn't care about the abuse I copped, I am so proud of this team and everything that they stand for that I feel fortunate just to be a supporter.

Sunday was a big price to pay, but when the team wins it in 2016 or 17, I reckon I'll be crying like a baby.

We did so well during the origin period too this season. That itself will be a challenge to replicate next season.

It happens. There always has to be a loser and on Sunday we unfortunately were it.
I don't blame Hunt one bit. In fact I don't blame anyone on the team. We played absolutely fantastic this year and no one could have predicted we were going to come this close. Hunt dropped the ball but lets not forget the best player in the world missed the sideline conversion to win it in normal time. That's what big game pressure is all about. If it can happen to Thurston it can happen to anyone. Anyone who gives Ben Hunt shit knows **** all because without him, we don't even make the 8 let alone the grand final. Hell, he pretty much beat the roosters by himself last week to get us here.
Hope the boys keep their heads up high and they have achieved a lot this year. Hodges said in his speech that we will be back bigger and stronger next year and I have no doubt. We lose him and Dodds and replace them with Copley/Maranta & McGuire plus any other nifty signings Bennett might make next year. I'm wearing my broncos tie today at work to celebrate a good season. Im just lucky no one at work can give me shit because I only know one cowboys supporter and even he said they were very lucky to win it.

I will never watch a replay.

nah, no chance for me. i havent even seen any highlights. or press conferences. or anything. it makes me feel sick to think we lost that still.

i didnt even see the field goal. when thurston caught the ball i put my head in my hands cos i knew it was over. and the crowd noise confirmed it.

left the stadium immediately. i dont want to sound like a bad sport but i was just too devastated to stick around. packed train was all broncos supporters and the entire ride was stunned silence.

i dont blame anyone in particular. i just dont understand our tactics. we should of been trying to put the game away rather than hold a 4pt lead for 25 mins. despite everything, i just dont think we deserved to lose. we shouldn't have lost. its as simple as that.

feel sorry for hunt. poor bloke.

came into work this morning and two guys who dont follow footy at all just wanted to talk about how exciting the game was.

talked to so many people at the airport yesterday. mostly cows fans who had travelled a long way. have to say everyone was so gracious in victory and its a credit to the team and hteir supporters.

next season needs to hurry up. i know alot of people wrote us off but for a long time this year i felt this was OUR year. dammit

Last edited:
I've been saying all season and getting shut down all season by this forum, but we need a powerful prop on the bench that could change the course of a game through some impact off the bench.

Yes, I know we won a lot of games with out bench and defensive structure but wouldn't it make sense to want to limit the amount of times the opposition can bomb to our wingers? I felt like a lot of kicks from Hunt and Macca in the last 20 minutes were out of necessity as we were dead tired from defending on our goal line.

Anyone who hasn't, needs to watch Wayne and Justin's presser. It will make you feel a bit better.

I've been saying all season and getting shut down all season by this forum, but we need a powerful prop on the bench that could change the course of a game through some impact off the bench.

Yes, I know we won a lot of games with out bench and defensive structure but wouldn't it make sense to want to limit the amount of times the opposition can bomb to our wingers? I felt like a lot of kicks from Hunt and Macca in the last 20 minutes were out of necessity as we were dead tired from defending on our goal line.

We don't need anything more than what we have now. Even without Gavet, who I believe is the player you think we need. That's what makes this so tough. There is no one to blame, but the whims of fate. And it ripped off our heads and shat down our throats.

We don't need anything more than what we have now. Even without Gavet, who I believe is the player you think we need. That's what makes this so tough. There is no one to blame, but the whims of fate. And it ripped off our heads and shat down our throats.

So you don't want to minimize 50/50 contests on our goal line?

Shattered by that result, so close to winning

I thought they employed a conservative/negative gameplan and it bit them

I couldn't believe they took the 2 points when leading by 2

I said to my son, bad call, and hope that doesn't haunt us

Still, I have to remind myself of my own words - I watch football to be entertained

And my God I was entertained

AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.