POST MORTEM. Cowboys Broncs Grand Final.

****, I keep having flashbacks at random moments to that last try.

It happened right below where I was sitting. It's fucking horrible.

Doing my best to forget everything about the match. I felt so sick when they scored that equaliser.

The wife saw my FB and said "You're such a bad loser. Everyone else on here says the Cowboys played great and deserved the win".

Are you sure you're right for each other?

In seriousness, I know what you're saying.

I didn't feel that shattered when we lost it initially but it's festering with each article, post or reference.

Sure, they won the game, and you won't hear me question the validity of that. I just have **** all interest in hearing about it right now.

Bloody hell, before the year started, I thought Thurston was getting overrated. But this, this is nuts. He has only ever lead his team to one premiership! He has also lead his team to (tied) most season losses twice, but no one remembers that.

How dare you talk about the first ever living Saint.

Last edited:
Thurston can **** off. He wasn't even their best player.

Vossy reckons Milford was best on ground and should have won it if everyone wasn't all carried away with the Thurston fairytale. I tend to agree. Thurston wasn't the best of the Cowgits let alone best on the park.

Man I still feel shit. Glad I have this place and it's not just me. Thanks all.

****, I keep having flashbacks at random moments to that last try.

It happened right below where I was sitting. It's fucking horrible.

Doing my best to forget everything about the match. I felt so sick when they scored that equaliser.

I never really fully appreciated the term "My heart sunk", but that's actually what happened, to go from on the verge of jumping up and celebrating to realising you were more than likely going to lose in the space of 5 seconds was just brutal, instantly sick to my stomach.

If there wasn't golden point, Wouldn't a gf replay next week generate even more drama and ratings and money for the nrl and channel 9? I thought greed would win out over a fairytale.

I didn't feel that shattered when we lost it initially but it's festering with each article, post or reference.

lol, same.

Then today I'm thinking we just produced one of the biggest chokes in GF history, eclipsing whatever feeling anyone had about that game against the Storm in 2008.

That game is now small potatoes compared to this.

Last edited by a moderator:
If there wasn't golden point, Wouldn't a gf replay next week generate even more drama and ratings and money for the nrl and channel 9? I thought greed would win out over a fairytale.

would only be a half full stadium seeing as it was us and NQ . Everyone would have gone home .

I never really fully appreciated the term "My heart sunk", but that's actually what happened, to go from on the verge of jumping up and celebrating to realising you were more than likely going to lose in the space of 5 seconds was just brutal, instantly sick to my stomach.

Yeah i was standing up yelling one more tackle lol. The people i was with didn't think i was as upset ad them cause all i did was put my head in my hands and sat down and they were yelling and stuff, but i honestly thought i was gonna throw up. Felt so sick at that point.

Bloody hell, before the year started, I thought Thurston was getting overrated. But this, this is nuts. He has only ever lead his team to one premiership! He has also lead his team to (tied) most season losses twice, but no one remembers that.

Couldn't agree more. How the hell is Thurston in line to be the next immortal before Locker? I mean, I'll admit I'm a fairly biased Broncos supporter, but I'm not out of line thinking this, am I?

It's a joke Thurston got the Clive Churchill medal.

He didn't come up with a single line break assist or try assist, and he had no involvement in that equalizing try at the end of the game. His kicking overall wasn't as good as it has been throughout the year. He also missed that goal..

But, he did kick the field goal and made one line break...

Apparently, that was enough to give him the Clive Churchill medal despite the fact he came close to losing the game for the Cowboys.

The love for Thurston has been a bit over the top..

Last edited:
Its one of the things that has been pissing me off all week. Especially living in NSW, I've heard so many people that usuall call Thurston an overrated grub and things like that now decide he is the greatest player of all time.

I'm a big JT fan but I've never seen an elite level player at his age shit themselves so hard under pressure. He played his guts out but his kicking game was very average, he barely set anything up, and he he made an error that lead directly to a try. He was noticeably shook leading into the final conversion attempt which he shanked and was lucky to get as close as he did.

He bailed out of 2 possible field goal attempts before dropping the ball on its side and toeing it over. If we went on to win in extra time the game would have been a huge blemish on his career.

You'd never see Locky, Joey, Smith, or Cronk buckle so hard under pressure. Hunt buckled pretty hard too (extremely hard towards the end) but this is his second full season as a first grade player.

Active Now

• Dash
  • marw
  • Harry Sack
  • Jazza
  • Broncosgirl
  • Cavalo
  • jd87
  • Waynesaurus
  • phoenix
  • Xzei
  • bb_gun
  • Allo
  • Bucking Beads
  • ChewThePhatt
  • kman
  • FACTHUNT
  • teampjta
  • mrslong
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Santa
... and 6 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.