POST MORTEM. Cowboys Broncs Grand Final.

[MENTION=1899]Big Pete[/MENTION] [MENTION=1976]Nashy[/MENTION] [MENTION=1848]ningnangnong[/MENTION]

Are you still there guys? So sorry you witnessed that live but BHQ is glad you were there in support though. We got it next year right?

My head was in my hands and looking at the ground when Feldt crossed. I was just about ready to cry.

Was certain JT would kick it, but even when it hit the post, I didn't feel much joy. Conceding a try on the siren to level the scores is unbelievably demoralising. I knew things weren't going to work out for us after that.

When JT kicked the field goal, head was in my hands again. Tears rolling out this time for a solid five minutes.

Stayed for the presentation and applauded the Cowboys, but I am absolutely ruined. I just don't want to think about today ever again.

Devastated.Gutted.Broken.

Is it just me or was that game ridiculously slow? The amount of ruck penalties we should have gotten is astounding....imagine how different that game if the referees actually had a clue and were consistent with every other game they have officiated this year. The Broncos players knew it and they were furious about it.

It's just so hard to believe the Broncos are chokers in a gf. Blair and Parker are unreal though.

I don't think you fully understand the term "choke" ......

16-12 lead and lose it in the dying seconds isn't a choke. The game could have gone either way......all 2nd half.

Choking is best saved to describe a team who wins the minor premiership for two years in a row and gets bundled out in straight sets each time.

It just wasn't to be.

I never gave up hope, even when Hunt lost the ball, I thought we could pressure Coote into kicking and failing. Evidently it didn't play out that way.

Mentally, I'm just exhausted. This game is all I thought about since we beat the Roosters and I did everything I could to be there. I haven't slept in over two days and still have a 14 hour train trip to look forward to, which experience tells me, I won't get any moment of sleep.

Still proud of my team and I gave them every last ounce of energy I had.

As empty as I feel, I am happy for Thurston to win and the fact we lost to the Cowboys rather than a team like the Roosters, Bulldogs, Manly or the Storm. The matches played between the Broncos and the Cowboys are always played with a great respect and within the great spirit of the game,

However, without sounding bitter, and full congrats to the Cowboys, I hate the fact that a grand final is decided by Golden Point, It's a farce that after 80 mins of football, there wasn't a deserving winner and that we have to go to golden point, where all that separates the two teams is this lousy concept of a field goal shootout. Both teams had great seasons, so where is the reward for finishing the game at 16 all? Why can't there be a draw! Play again next week. Its happened before.

Golden point should not be used to decide a grand final.

I agree. The Cowboys got away with a lot more than they should have, and we got penalised for holding down when there was nothing in it. Some of the penalties against us were marginal at best whereas the Cowboys ones were blatant holding down our players.

I couldn't believe the refs didn't blow a single penalty with our players, especially Milford off a half break, obviously struggling to get up, and the Cowboys deliberately slowing the ruck down. There were countless times were we should of gotten a quick play the ball, only for the Cowboys to hold on and kill any momentum we looked like gaining against their big pack.

You could see how frustrated Milford, Hodges and Boyd were getting.

As empty as I feel, I am happy for Thurston to win and the fact we lost to the Cowboys rather than a team like the Roosters, Bulldogs, Manly or the Storm. The matches played between the Broncos and the Cowboys are always played with a great respect and within the great spirit of the game,

However, without sounding bitter, and full congrats to the Cowboys, I hate the fact that a grand final is decided by Golden Point, It's a farce that after 80 mins of football, there wasn't a deserving winner and that we have to go to golden point, where all that separates the two teams is this lousy concept of a field goal shootout. Both teams had great seasons, so where is the reward for finishing the game at 16 all? Why can't there be a draw! Play again next week. Its happened before.

Golden point should not be used to decide a grand final.

I agree 1000%. Golden point is the worst thing to happen to rugby league. It needs to be golden try or just good old fashioned extra time.

Very dissapointed and shattered but that was a great grand final and the quality of the play was outstanding. The team proved the critics wrong and we should feel proud of them.

Well done to JT and the Cows on their first premiership I can still remember the days when they struggled to win a game. Liked the choice of JT for the CCM he played out of his skin and they wouldn't have won without him.

Newcastle Knights remain the only team with a perfect record in Grand Finals.

Fucking Newcastle...

I'm really not happy about this. We couldn't buy a penalty tonight and just like Darius Boyd, all I could do was laugh. The laughing was made easier by us being ahead. That was almost excusable but Coote dropping a fucking elbow and Tamou's massive swinging arm is not.

That game was nothing like our previous finals game. I guess it proves the wrestle is still good in 2015. Maybe if we complain about a conspiracy long enough they'll hand us a premiership too. Fucking NRL, you have such a good thing. Try not to **** it up too badly.

Is it just me or was that game ridiculously slow? The amount of ruck penalties we should have gotten is astounding....imagine how different that game if the referees actually had a clue and were consistent with every other game they have officiated this year. The Broncos players knew it and they were furious about it.

Where we were sitting we were all screaming at the lack of policing the ruck. Every second tackle was a leg pull or some other bullshit.

Watching the replay again and we had that last fucking try covered. Blair and Macca missed shutting down JT, but even when Morgan ran we had like 5 v 2. They had no right to score and any other game all year, they wouldn't have. ****. Just crushed.

Shut down that final, scrappy play (in regulation time) and we win. Geez that hurts

I agree 1000%. Golden point is the worst thing to happen to rugby league. It needs to be golden try or just good old fashioned extra time.

I was dreading and hoping that this game wasn't going to be decided in golden point, regardless of the result. Even if the Broncos won in golden point, I still would of been shattered for the Cowboys. Like the whole concept is terrible. Never been a fan of it. Rugby League has been great for hundred plus years, but I feel with all these unnecessary rule changes, it changes the fabric of the game.

Both teams should be rewarded by reaching the grand final by having a winner decided in regulation time. If a winner is not decided, I have two options, either declare the game a draw and play again next week or play the full extra time and if a winner isn't decided in extra time, then a draw is declared and the two teams go at it again the following week.

None of this golden point bullshit. Even golden try shouldn't be used in grand finals, but it could be something used during the regular season.

I feel a grand final is such a momentous occasion that teams work so hard to get to, and for a winner to be decided after the 80 mins is up through golden point is a joke.

To be honest, I would of preferred not making the grand final at all rather than losing the game at the freken 82nd minute in golden point extra time.

Last edited:
as much as everyone has been bagging the afl / afl gf , at least the better team wins in that code without fuckery or interference, as opposed to the refereed, knife-edge crapshoot that is the NRL nowadays

Maybe illuminati are invested fans of the nrl

Active Now

• Big Del
  • Broncosarethebest
  • Mr Fourex
  • winslow_wong
  • Justwin
  • theshed
  • Nerd
  • whykickamoocow
  • TimWhatley
  • Sproj
  • porouian
  • Pablo
  • Morkel
  • ezpz
  • Waynesaurus
  • Wolfie
  • heartly87
  • Broncosgirl
  • Manifesto
  • Totally Unr3al
... and 19 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.