Broncos

Kickoff In:

Suncorp Stadium

Saturday
Night
18:35

Tigers

Team Lists

We beat a busted team by a converted try. A busted team that was beating us 12 points to 8 at the 64th minute of the match. We were still only up by two with nine minutes to play. We can do better and we must. Foordy your stats only serve to make the result look worse - with all that going for us we really should have brained them - don’t you agree?

I agree we should have beaten them by more ... but that wasn't the statement on the table.

you agreed with Bennett's statement that we were beaten everywhere but the scoreboard. i took umbrage at that statement, then proceeded to prove both you and Bennett wrong with those stats.

BTW, I was already of the believe that we were the better team on the night and looked the most likely of crossing the stripe.

P.S. if ARey had have packed his kicking boots and we win by 12 points instead ... I doubt this is even a conversation.

P.S. if ARey had have packed his kicking boots and we win by 12 points instead ... I doubt this is even a conversation.
Agree but also if Anthony had placed his kick correctly to one of his chasers instead of into Kotonis chest we certainly wouldn’t be having this conversation. Anyways all that aside we have the West Tigers to contend with and after a disastrous first half against St George followed by sloppy attempt against Redcliffe we can only hope the right lessons have now sunk in.

Agree but also if Anthony had placed his kick correctly to one of his chasers instead of into Kotonis chest we certainly wouldn’t be having this conversation.

Milford's only option there was to do what he did and hope for the best. All of the chasers were covered and none of them would have got the ball.

Agree but also if Anthony had placed his kick correctly to one of his chasers instead of into Kotonis chest we certainly wouldn’t be having this conversation. Anyways all that aside we have the West Tigers to contend with and after a disastrous first half against St George followed by sloppy attempt against Redcliffe we can only hope the right lessons have now sunk in.
Yeah, if things were different they wouldn't be the same.

Here's another one, if Cobbo tries to catch the bomb, the Dolphins don't score.

But the facts are, ARey stuffed the conversions, Cobbo screwed up and let the Phins into the game, Milf's kick was a 50/50 and the bounce went our way. They scored 2 tries in 7 or 8 minutes, and for the other 70 or so we were the better team.

Bennet said they beat us everywhere but the scoreboard, which is patently false. Given all they had to contend with I give full credit to the Dolphins for never giving up and sticking with us to the end, but they were not the better team.

As Wayne Bennett said in his presser ' We beat them everywhere except on the scoreboard' Wayne being Wayne of course but still some truth in it. We were never fully in control of that match and it was in doubt until the KotonI runaway try. Much work has to be done yet before we can claim to be a genuine premiership threat. Hate to put a dampener on things but if that were not the case why are we 'here' being so concerned about a top of the table team beating the bottom of the table. Bogey team or not.

Sometimes we need to take the rose coloured glasses off for a proper look.

Bennett didn't say that- He was asked about being proud and he said the only place we lost was on the scoreboard.

Context was effort, pride, trying hard they didn't lose there.

If Arthars passes to Ezra on his inside instead of trying to beat Hammer in a foot race then we go up 14-0 and it would've been back to back tries in a pretty soft manner.

I daresay that try would've broke the dolphins and we were every chance to go on with it at that point.

Big game this. Win this game and then we have canberra at home who will be without Whighton. Both games we should win. To start the season 6-0 would be huge.

I expect one change to the team. Kobi in for keenan who appears more and more like a plodder every game I watch. Kobi brings leg speed and something different to our bench. Much more complete bench with Kobi back.

If Arthars passes to Ezra on his inside instead of trying to beat Hammer in a foot race then we go up 14-0 and it would've been back to back tries in a pretty soft manner.

I daresay that try would've broke the dolphins and we were every chance to go on with it at that point.
He was never looking right and always running to his left. Mam was never in his line of sight. It’s unfortunately probably the first time Mam didn’t just pop up in the right spot like usual

Mam was in the right spot, Arthurs just never looked.
It’s just not how all footy players work. Some players can just run straight at full speed and step in the other direction. I don’t think Arthars, a large body, can do that. He’s gone left and Mam was nowhere in his line of vision. Go run full speed outside in one direction and see if you can see what’s behind you on the other side.

FFS ! Let me play that " IF " game .

If Walsh had caught Herbies pass and not then kicked it dead ...

If Selwyn had held the ball when Nichols stripped him ...

If Billy got the ball down when he ran from DH ...

It’s just not how all footy players work. Some players can just run straight at full speed and step in the other direction. I don’t think Arthars, a large body, can do that. He’s gone left and Mam was nowhere in his line of vision. Go run full speed outside in one direction and see if you can see what’s behind you on the other side.

When you make a break with only the fullback in front of you, the first thing you do is look for support and look to draw and pass.

I'm sure Mam would've also calling for it as well.

When you make a break with only the fullback in front of you, the first thing you do is look for support and look to draw and pass.

I'm sure Mam would've also calling for it as well.

When he made the break Ezra was too far back to pass and he would have needed to look behind him to see him . Arthurs looking left , Ezra behind him on the right .
Then defenders loomed up near Ezra .

I wondered why he didn`t pass too the 1st viewing . Replay showed me support wasn`t there when he hit the clear .

Active Now

• Broncorob
  • matthewransom34@ic
  • Midean
  • Xzei
  • MrMoore
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.