PRE-GAME PRE-GAME [Round 7, 2023] Broncos vs Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
This may not appeal to all but hear it out — given the playing group & the coaching staff will all turn out to perform on the night rather than just turn up, we could start with Palasia, Haas & Patty as our front row. If ever we want to get 100% from Palasia, I reckon it will be by starting the game with him rather than making him wait on the bench.

We will have Paix, Jensen, Kobe & Marty as our bench. That’s a very good bench & I see every one of them giving 100% on the night. By making Palasia start, he could bash his future team mates in the opening 20min and after that get in Jensen/Kobe to go level up in both D & A. Whatever lapses Palasia might come up with in the opening 20-25min, Payne & Patty will easily cover them.

Our bench usage will improve a lot & none of our players will get burned out(provided no injuries mid game or fowl plays from our guys). Just earn the right to barge through the middle & walk away with the W.

Losing Capewell in the 1st 5 minutes for 15 minutes , then Flegler for the duration highlights how important the bench is now days .
Need a middle or two, some one who can play edge or middle and a 2nd hooker as well minimum .

I'd also have Cobbo in the Probable list and Flegs in Possible/Probable.

If we lose all 3 of Pat/Payne/Flegs our front row depth will be seriously tested.

Anyway, back on topic - just win FFS!

Cobbo and Capewell are certains.

Carrigan will always be our 13 up until he retires and he should be our only ball playing starting forward. When Hetherington comes on he should replace Carrigan and be our only ball playing forward on the bench. Also saying Hetherington can't pass is crazy because his 2nd position is Hooker.

Passing the ball off the ground when standing still is some what different to ball playing when running with the ball in the teeth of the defence . But that is obvious isn`t it ?

From what I understand he hasn`t played hooker for several years .

Yes, and he's not the only one who's in the wilderness. Will Quai-Ward ever get a game?

Quai Ward was nursing a broken arm that wouldn`t knit early last year if I recall .
@1910 ??

That would hold a guy back some what .

I'd also have Cobbo in the Probable list and Flegs in Possible/Probable.

If we lose all 3 of Pat/Payne/Flegs our front row depth will be seriously tested.

Anyway, back on topic - just win FFS!

The draw and the bye ?
Do the Broncos play games without their Origin players ?

Cobbo and Capewell are certains.
I don't know. Capewell pretty close to certain because he's starred at that level - like Holmes, who can't be picked on form - but I don't think Cobbo has earned his place yet. Hammer should be in the mix. Coates scored a hattrick against the Roosters. I wouldn't write him off.

What did Arthars do wrong ?
Doesn`t deserve to be dropped . Replaced by Oates maybe , Mariner -nah .
We're resting wingers.......apparently.

Arthars has been playing at his ceiling but it is an obvious drop in quality from Oates. That being said, given our biggest issue is not respecting the ball and overplaying our hand, I don’t think adding more youth or inexperience such as Mariner to the mix is the answer

The draw and the bye ?
Do the Broncos play games without their Origin players ?
Yes, definitely against the Warriors, and potentially rested against the Titans, Sharks and Bulldogs:

Round 13: WARRIORS - SAT, May 27, 5pm Local (Napier)
ORIGIN 1 - WED, May 31 (Adelaide)
Round 14: SHARKS - SAT, June 3, 7.35pm (PointsBet)
Round 16 - BYE
ORIGIN 2 - WED, June 21 (Suncorp)
Round 17: TITANS - SUN, June 25, 2pm (SUNCORP)
Round 19 - BYE
ORIGIN 3 - WED, July 12 (Accor)
Round 20: BULLDOGS - SAT, July 15, 3pm (Accor)

Arthars has been playing at his ceiling but it is an obvious drop in quality from Oates.
I dunno about being obvious.....well at least when we were winning it wasn't.

I'm not missing Corey's brick hands......

I dunno about being obvious.....well at least when we were winning it wasn't.

I'm not missing Corey's brick hands......
Oates was our best player last year according to his new bestie, Adam Reynolds.

If Kevvie wants to fiddle with positions that are likely to be occupied by someone else by season end, this match against the Titans is as close to a trial until we're hit by the Origin bus. No "easy" matches here:

Round 8: EELS - FRI, April 21, 7.55pm (Darwin) - ANZAC Round
Round 9: RABBITOHS - FRI, April 28, 8pm (SUNCORP)
Round 10: MANLY - FRI, May 5, 8.05pm (SUNCORP) - Magic Round
Round 11: STORM - THU, May 11, 7.50pm (AAMI Park)
Round 12: PANTHERS - THU, May 18, 7.50pm (SUNCORP)
Round 13: WARRIORS - SAT, May 27, 5pm Local (Napier)

it is an obvious drop in quality from Oates.

Nah , don`t agree .
Different no less quality . He has scored a cpl I don`t think Oates could have .

Also no knock ons catching high balls and no knock ons / lost ball in the tackle .
ATM I actually rate Arthars higher than Oates .

The old tactic is kick high to Oates and pin him in the corner . Nullifies his PCM .

Nah , don`t agree .
Different no less quality . He has scored a cpl I don`t think Oates could have .

Also no knock ons catching high balls and no knock ons / lost ball in the tackle .
ATM I actually rate Arthars higher than Oates .

The old tactic is kick high to Oates and pin him in the corner . Nullifies his PCM .

When was the last time Oates metres and/or PCM were nullified?

Nah Oates goes straight in when he's ready to play, saying otherwise requires a drug test.

Im Out GIF by Shark Tank

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• KevieBurnerAccount
  • simplythebest
  • Skyblues87
  • porouian
  • Kev_Guz
  • Foordy
  • Financeguy
  • mrslong
  • heartly87
  • Jason Simmons
  • Waynesaurus
  • Browny
  • theshed
  • BruiserMk1
  • Allo
  • johnny plath
  • barker
  • Dash
  • Maddy
  • NSW stables
... and 24 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.