Team Lists

Status
Not open for further replies.
Super Freak

Super Freak

International Captain
Forum Staff
Jan 25, 2014
Pretty sure Reynolds was talking about the test they were doing on his shoulders and chest that was happening when Staggs took the shot at goal.

He was talking about the ankle. It's in the press conference. He was asked specifically about the incident with Croker where he came down on his leg.

International Rep
Apr 14, 2013
It's funny, when you're winning your depth and options seem so strong. When you've just lost the desperation makes it feel like your depth isn't as strong.

One thing I get frustrated with is the qld cup not being on. Ffs I get they have their own supporters and their own traditions but it is a feeder comp now despite how ppl shape it. Run as parallel as possible with the top comp...

QRL haven't played on Easter for four years. Damn those semiprofessional players getting Easter off and time with their family and friends!

Work for my enjoyment damn you!

Mick_Hancock

Mick_Hancock

NRL Player
Feb 26, 2023
Let me be clear… I’m certainly not calling for Reynolds’ head or anything, but maybe it’s time to hand over goal kicking duties to Staggs or Walsh. Adam’s goal kicking has been dogs balls all year. Thoughts?

Big Del

Big Del

NRL Captain
Apr 22, 2017
Walsh is our strike, but he thinks we need to score off every play/set... he cant see the bigger picture like Reynolds...

That makes me wonder what Reynolds is saying to his team mates during games .
He is sposed to be the game manager . ATM other people seem to be taking it in their own directions .

Too much passing before gaining momentum in the middle .
Pushing too many passes in the backs . No repeat sets . Poor kick chase .
The Captain is in charge of these things on field . WTF is going on Adam ?

Can we get a micced up Arey and see who is saying what . Patty seems to be doing a lot of talking . Never heard him communicate with Reynolds once in his videos .

holdzy

holdzy

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
May 5, 2016
He is sposed to be the game manager . ATM other people seem to be taking it in their own directions .

Can we get a micced up Arey and see who is saying what . Patty seems to be doing a lot of talking . Never heard him communicate with Reynolds once in his videos .

In the last mic’d up he was shouting to Reyno.

I do agree with your point though. ARey seems a little off this year. Goal kicking is off and he’s hot and cold with his own involvements.

BroncsFan

BroncsFan

International Captain
Contributor
Jul 28, 2016

Yeah I do wonder why Reynolds is happily going straight to sweep plays and sideways passing before winning the middle.

Is Walsh able to call plays in attacking positions.

I did notice in the raiders game we were running a sweep play to the right, but Reynolds held it and got belted from behind instead of passing out the back. I wondered if he was holding it knowing that the play wasn't on, but Reece wouldn't just take the tackle.

It was only about 3rd tackle so Reyno took the hit to make sure we kept possession, because at the moment Walsh can't be trusted to take the tackle instead of going for the hero ball.

BroncsFan

BroncsFan

International Captain
Contributor
Jul 28, 2016

In regards to the mic'd up ... I think they cut out all the talk about plays, etc.

They did a mic'd up of Chad Townsend last year and it was pretty bland considering it was a halfback

Big Del

Big Del

NRL Captain
Apr 22, 2017

I do agree with your point though. ARey seems a little off this year. Goal kicking is off and he’s hot and cold with his own involvements.
OK , I heard him talking to Flegler and Payne a lot . Must have missed him talking to Reynolds .

Re Reynolds . Not even his own form that concerns me .
Similar to end of last season . Shirking 1 percenters bites you in the arse . He is the on field boss . Needs to set higher standards for his team .

L

Lockysillegitimatechild

State of Origin Rep
Apr 10, 2015
QRL haven't played on Easter for four years. Damn those semiprofessional players getting Easter off and time with their family and friends!

Work for my enjoyment damn you!
I knew you'd get upset about that.

You said it SEMI-PROFESSIONAL. They get paid to be there, or are there weekends more important than a McDonald's workers, a hospital worker, the cafe owners, the semi pro nsw cup players, etc etc etc. The main reasons the qld cup is there to provide a link to the community (which them not playing this weekend does the opposite of) and be a feeder competitor for the professional comp they all want to get in to. They don't want to play on the Easter weekend, fine don't play. Doubt you'll get picked up by an nrl club and I doubt you'll find a job where you never have to anyway at some point.

What a pissweak argument

International Rep
Apr 14, 2013

You said it SEMI-PROFESSIONAL. They get paid to be there, or are there weekends more important than a McDonald's workers, a hospital worker, the cafe owners, the semi pro nsw cup players, etc etc etc. The main reasons the qld cup is there to provide a link to the community (which them not playing this weekend does the opposite of) and be a feeder competitor for the professional comp they all want to get in to. They don't want to play on the Easter weekend, fine don't play. Doubt you'll get picked up by an nrl club and I doubt you'll find a job where you never have to anyway at some point.

What a pissweak argument

Not upset at all- you asked a question, and I answered it.

Yes, lots of people work over Easter- but it's their job it's not a 10k a year role and a lot of players would still work over Easter at a variety of jobs they just don't play football.

if a worker's boss said we are closed over Easter, then they don't work, do they? Being mad at the worker doesn't serve much purpose- why don't you get on the QRL board and change it?

They have another weekend off in August too. The outrage!

Bit silly to say they won't get in the NRL because of this weekend, when they've been doing it for years and players still play NRL. I bet a player gets picked for NRL from Cup after this weekend.

Scorchie

Scorchie

NRL Captain
Contributor
Mar 16, 2008

Lol seriously

a week ago the pundits and the fans were saying it’s areys greatest season ever.

Now he’s hot and cold and off?

the only thing that’s off is his goal kicking and I do wonder why someone with osteo pubis still feels the need to kick. Does enough kicking in the game

Locky was a gun at kicking and even he gave it up

L

Lockysillegitimatechild

State of Origin Rep
Apr 10, 2015
Not upset at all- you asked a question, and I answered it.

Yes, lots of people work over Easter- but it's their job it's not a 10k a year role and a lot of players would still work over Easter at a variety of jobs they just don't play football.

if a worker's boss said we are closed over Easter, then they don't work, do they? Being mad at the worker doesn't serve much purpose- why don't you get on the QRL board and change it?

They have another weekend off in August too. The outrage!

Bit silly to say they won't get in the NRL because of this weekend, when they've been doing it for years and players still play NRL. I bet a player gets picked for NRL from Cup after this weekend.
How have you come to the conclusion that I'm mad at the players? They aren't refusing to play, they simply aren't required too. They may have asked for it in their CBA or something but that doesn't mean the qrl had too or should have given it to them.
They get paid to do it with the incentive that they could possibly get spotted and paid far more in the future. If it isn't worth it for them to play an Easter weekend (not even, they would still get 3 days off of work mind you!) then seriously what are they doing there? They "give up" 20+ weekends a year. If family and friend time was that critical and scarce and the reward wasn't worth it they wouldn't be playing! It's like anyone in a job, you weigh up cost vs benefit, but at the end of the day the competitions role is not being fulfilled with these footy-less weekends. They are a feeder for a billion dollar competition, this isn't the 1980s anymore.

International Rep
Apr 14, 2013
How have you come to the conclusion that I'm mad at the players? They aren't refusing to play, they simply aren't required too. They may have asked for it in their CBA or something but that doesn't mean the qrl had too or should have given it to them.
They get paid to do it with the incentive that they could possibly get spotted and paid far more in the future. If it isn't worth it for them to play an Easter weekend (not even, they would still get 3 days off of work mind you!) then seriously what are they doing there? They "give up" 20+ weekends a year. If family and friend time was that critical and scarce and the reward wasn't worth it they wouldn't be playing! It's like anyone in a job, you weigh up cost vs benefit, but at the end of the day the competitions role is not being fulfilled with these footy-less weekends. They are a feeder for a billion dollar competition, this isn't the 1980s anymore.

You keep writing they. Clearly talking about how the players need to fix this. That's why I believe you're blaming the players.

Be the change you want mate- apply here and fix it.

Kimlo

Kimlo

International Captain
Senior Staff
Apr 26, 2008
Lol seriously

a week ago the pundits and the fans were saying it’s areys greatest season ever.

the only thing that’s off is his goal kicking and I do wonder why someone with osteo pubis still feels the need to kick. Does enough kicking in the game

Locky was a trash goal kicker, I'm not sure gun applies to his goal kicking. He was a 65%ish goal kicker. Reyno has a career average of 82%, this is his worst year in his career, I'm sure he's just having a bad run, he'll come good.

Big Del

Big Del

NRL Captain
Apr 22, 2017

What a pissweak argument
Ouch !!

holdzy

holdzy

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
May 5, 2016
Lol seriously

Im going purely off what I have observed at the games. He is more frustrated than normal it seems and is letting important moments slip. Maybe he’s letting the other blokes like Ezra and Walsh have a go but some of his own touches have been crap, some brilliant. Far from consistent imo.

He should give up goal kicking but he won’t. It’s his thing. Might feel the need to keep doing it for different reasons.

theshed

theshed

Just a Game
Aug 28, 2010
Locky was a trash goal kicker, I'm not sure gun applies to his goal kicking. He was a 65%ish goal kicker. Reyno has a career average of 82%, this is his worst year in his career, I'm sure he's just having a bad run, he'll come good.
Yea guys have these poor runs at stages. The only thing to do is keep kicking until it comes good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• MrTickyMcG
  • Culhwch
  • Aldo
  • Sproj
  • BroncosMan
  • Johnny92
  • Mightybroncs2k17
  • broncos4life
  • Astro
  • pennywisealfie
  • IceWorks
  • ChewThePhatt
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.