PRE-GAME PRE-GAME [Round 9, 2023] Broncos vs Rabbitohs

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been a Palasia supporter, he was great to start the year last year. But Jensen has done more, deserves to wear the 8 and start the game.
#8 or #15 is the same these days .
They will get similar game time . Just at different stages of the game .

It`s tactics . Not favouring one guy as the starter , another on the bench .

It's Souths' right-hand side that's keeping me awake- 50% has come through there and normally they like the left with Mitchell.

Koloamatangi off Illias or to Graham is the play. Koloamatangi will test the half with that little skip thing he does to the outside shoulder.

It's Souths' right-hand side that's keeping me awake- 50% has come through there and normally they like the left with Mitchell.

Koloamatangi off Illias or to Graham is the play. Koloamatangi will test the half with that little skip thing he does to the outside shoulder.

I mean it could be but Koloamatangi isn't playing, so you can go to sleep now.

if latrell does his usual 40min stint we should be okay.

if he plays 80 we might be in trouble.

Very concerned. Souths are so good at picking apart edge defence and we are going to have new combinations on both sides - Madden in lieu of Mam and I guess Peeks if Riki is out... I think we can still roll them, and Reyno will know the best way to play against them - but I won't be surprised at all if we lose, and potentially even by quite a bit. I know I keep saying it, but another big test tomorrow night.

Very concerned. Souths are so good at picking apart edge defence and we are going to have new combinations on both sides - Madden in lieu of Mam and I guess Peeks if Riki is out... I think we can still roll them, and Reyno will know the best way to play against them - but I won't be surprised at all if we lose, and potentially even by quite a bit. I know I keep saying it, but another big test tomorrow night.

I’m quietly confident. South’s will come out firing and their spine will keep them in it no matter what but they also have several players out including at second row where our edge defense can be exploited. I think if we go with them early, we can blow them away late, I think we are fitter and faster and South’s will struggle with that BUT, our three outs are huge and that brings us back a level unfortunately.

Souths do have some deficiencies in their lineup

Milne on the wing... he's more a wrecking ball and there for his yardage, but struggled badly against dolphins under the high ball. Need to send traffic and high balls his way and often... On top of that AJ isn't a great winger in yardage and Latrell usually gets involved in kick returns rather than yardage hit ups. Unfortunately we typically kick to our right side kick chase (AJ) so it would need a change in tactics, but I would much rather pressure Milne on kicks and shut him down on kick chase for AJ to have the next hit up, than shutting down AJ and giving Milne a tackle 2 hit up in yardage.

Tass in the centres... he bombed a couple tries by refusing to pass to AJ. Also not lightning fast when it comes to centres. He'll be up against Staggs and Cobbo

Bench looks a bit light and has no utility for Cook... They're starting strong in the forward pack with Tatola, Arrow and Murray as a starting middle, but on the bench is Moale, Sele and Burgess. Burgess is the biggest off their bench... and Sele is a rolling robust middle, but fatigued badly against dolphins. Keeping the ball in play and forcing Sele into a high workload could dent their yardage through the middle of the game.

We also need to just run mass traffic at Cook... force him into +50 tackles.

Their edges are Chee-Kam and Host... both capable players, so whilst it might look like a weakness it probably isn't all that much of a weakness in the grand scheme of things, and could actually be a danger given their ability to run good lines and provide spark in attack.

Their edges are Chee-Kam and Host... both capable players, so whilst it might look like a weakness it probably isn't all that much of a weakness in the grand scheme of things, and could actually be a danger given their ability to run good lines and provide spark in attack.
Chee-Kam is good little player and has been for a while - bit underrated for mine.

Chee-Kam is good little player and has been for a while - bit underrated for mine.
Yep... I think their starting forward pack is quite solid, even though their edges may not be part of the full strength side.

Their bench is not bad either, but ours should be better, so we need to make sure to take advantage of that... it is why I'm not too dissappointed if Jensen stays on the bench.

That bench has been picked for a 3rd week in a row now, so they know what their job is.

Coming off a dismal 2021 season
2022 v Souths

Souths do have some deficiencies in their lineup

Milne on the wing... he's more a wrecking ball and there for his yardage, but struggled badly against dolphins under the high ball. Need to send traffic and high balls his way and often... On top of that AJ isn't a great winger in yardage and Latrell usually gets involved in kick returns rather than yardage hit ups. Unfortunately we typically kick to our right side kick chase (AJ) so it would need a change in tactics, but I would much rather pressure Milne on kicks and shut him down on kick chase for AJ to have the next hit up, than shutting down AJ and giving Milne a tackle 2 hit up in yardage.

Tass in the centres... he bombed a couple tries by refusing to pass to AJ. Also not lightning fast when it comes to centres. He'll be up against Staggs and Cobbo

Bench looks a bit light and has no utility for Cook... They're starting strong in the forward pack with Tatola, Arrow and Murray as a starting middle, but on the bench is Moale, Sele and Burgess. Burgess is the biggest off their bench... and Sele is a rolling robust middle, but fatigued badly against dolphins. Keeping the ball in play and forcing Sele into a high workload could dent their yardage through the middle of the game.

We also need to just run mass traffic at Cook... force him into +50 tackles.

Briers has the Broncos singling out opposition players who are prone to fatigue . eg ;Mo Fatoaka , Tino , Hodgson . Making them do repeat efforts and then unleash Walsh or Ezra at them . Burgess and Sele will be a targets .

It was amusing to hear the commentators wrapping Mo for his work rate . Nek minute Walsh steps him and runs through the middle of the Titans ruck .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Skyblues87
  • Broncosarethebest
  • Big Del
  • thenry
  • FACTHUNT
  • TonyTheJugoslav
  • Jason Simmons
  • Ghost of Vlansys
  • Mum-the-meatloaf
  • bb_gun
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.