Lang Park

Friday
Night
20:00

Rabbitohs

Team Lists

Status
Not open for further replies.
No point in fighting either charge. They will not get off, the NRL is trying to make a stance, whether we like it or not.
Flip it into a positive, turn it into the Broncos vs NRL mentality all week.
Come out and beat souffs.

No point in fighting either charge. They will not get off, the NRL is trying to make a stance, whether we like it or not.
Flip it into a positive, turn it into the Broncos vs NRL mentality all week.
Come out and beat souffs.
NRL trying to make a stance... except they fined the worst one of the lot.

So what kind of stance are they trying to make

Bro there’s a massive difference between 10 and 12, means they need to score 3 times to win instead of 2. Was a baffling decision to overlook taking the 2.
True. I meant difference in us holding a winning lead. The issue I had was, apart from the extra 2, we didn’t run the clock AND we f*cked the play 2nd tackle in.

You think Reyno is going to sit out against the Rabbits? And if he does, who are our halves with Mam also out? Madden and ???

If RCG doesn't get hurt in that tackle, I'd fight the Haas charge. He did though and rightly or wrongly, they will absolutely take that into consideration. Take the week on the chin for mine.

NRL trying to make a stance... except they fined the worst one of the lot.

So what kind of stance are they trying to make
It's the NRL, they're constantly inconsistent.
We are the broncos, we sit 4 points clear on the table, the best way for them to peg us down is take our players out of the game.
We are better accepting their incompetency and not having either player out for 2wks instead of 1.

No way you fight the Mam one. Not sure what other option he had but it looked bad. Take the week, give him a rest and Madden some much needed game time in the NRL.
Haas I’m 50/50 on. I’d say 100% fight it, because it’s not a hip drop. Sadly, we have already had “trial by media”, so it’s dicey.

View attachment 21942

If RCG doesn't get hurt in that tackle, I'd fight the Haas charge. He did though and rightly or wrongly, they will absolutely take that into consideration. Take the week on the chin for mine.
@Harry Sack Surely you wouldn’t move the greatest Broncos Hooker in recent broncos history to the halves? You don’t weaken a position to strengthen another.
I’ll wait for the laughter to subside…Seriously though, leave Billy where he is, and let him do his job. I’d rather Paix or even Staggs with Mariner coming in, than Billy. It’s a one off.

I fully expect this clown organization to have a media conference defining hip drop tackles the day after Haas and Mam are suspended and under that definition neither would be. They'll just shrug their shoulders and go "Bad luck Broncos".
Not sure if this has been posted already, but it is Annersley in May last year explaining what they look for in a "hip drop"...... perhaps it has changed since then?

@Harry Sack Surely you wouldn’t move the greatest Broncos Hooker in recent broncos history to the halves? You don’t weaken a position to strengthen another.
I’ll wait for the laughter to subside…Seriously though, leave Billy where he is, and let him do his job. I’d rather Paix or even Staggs with Mariner coming in, than Billy. It’s a one off.

I was absolutely taking the piss.

Hass missing one week while shit, will freshen him for the busy period of footy he's got coming up. He's a pivotol part of our premiership charge so I'm not totally devastated if he has the odd forced rest.

Misses next week then maybe give him a break after the rep period as well. There may be games at the end of the year we simply cant afford to have him off the field and he plays 70-80 mins.

To be fair, the good teams find ways to win even when missing players. Storm are renowned for the next man up culture as are Penrith. So let's see what the attitude of these lads is really like.

Not sure if this has been posted already, but it is Annersley in May last year explaining what they look for in a "hip drop"...... perhaps it has changed since then?

It changes based on media outrage... the game is effectively run by the media.

If Madden is up no one will finish watching the game next week saying wish he'd run more.

He's run 63 times in four games for Norths. He is nutty for a run. He's varied his game Bears was a great passing game. Dolphins was great kicking and passing- Piakura's try was sensational passing.

Last week he busted himself trying to get Norths going- didn't eventuate but he certainly kept going and tried to make up a massive deficit.

Taken intercepts and run away so he's always around the ball and wanting it. Might led to some errors. His form has been fun put it that way.

If Madden is up no one will finish watching the game next week saying wish he'd run more.

He's run 63 times in four games for Norths. He is nutty for a run. He's varied his game Bears was a great passing game. Dolphins was great kicking and passing- Piakura's try was sensational passing.

Last week he busted himself trying to get Norths going- didn't eventuate but he certainly kept going and tried to make up a massive deficit.

Taken intercepts and run away so he's always around the ball and wanting it. Might led to some errors. His form has been fun put it that way.
Do you think he gets pulled from this week's Qcup game to make sure he's fit for next week??

Next time ppl use the argument that we score all our points when paix is on compared to Walters, remember last night we scored all our tries when Walters was on last night and were near faultless......

I'm not a fan of Walters but the bs he copped last week after 1 bad game was absolute dribble. Yes he isn't great, yes he's the weakest part of our spine, but paix ain't banging the door down. He's a good stop gap, good defensively and plays with energy and passion. Yes he stifles our attack sometimes but he ain't macca or Turpin 2021 level. He fixes it and returns to shuffling the ball out once he makes an attacking error. Mozers time will come, but no rush...

I’m all for Reynolds having a rest as well. All the premiership teams of recent times still rolled on when their main players were out with injuries/suspensions.

I’m all for Reynolds having a rest as well. All the premiership teams of recent times still rolled on when their main players were out with injuries/suspensions.
Yeah but we are playing Souths next week probably the strongest team in the comp to face atm.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• kman
  • Harry Sack
  • something
  • Hoof Hearted
  • ivanhungryjak
  • thenry
  • Brocko
  • Locky's Left Boot
  • MrTickyMcG
  • Xzei
  • Yem
  • Ejbroncos
  • DrGee
  • Manofoneway
  • Broncosgirl
  • Johnny92
  • heartly87
  • FACTHUNT
  • bazza
... and 54 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.