PRE-GAME PRE-GAME [Round 9, 2023] Broncos vs Rabbitohs

Status
Not open for further replies.
....How the **** is Palasia starting over Jensen?

he is actually better starting. here are his last starting performances:
R18, 2022 vs Titans | 12 runs for 146m, 60 PCM, 29 tackles
R17, 2022 vs Dragons | 15 runs for 157m, 55PCM, 33 tackles
R6, 2022 vs Pathers | 18 runs for 186m, 71 PCM, 32 tackles
R5, 2022 vs Roosters | 17 runs for 140m, 50 PCM, 26 tackles
R3, 2022 vs Cowboys | 15 runs for 117m, 55 PCM, 34 tackles
R2, 2022 vs Bulldogs | 9 runs for 89m, 35 PCM, 23 tackles
R1, 2022 vs Souths | 16 runs for 137m, 49 PCM, 31 tackles

he actually also started round 4 of 2022 against the Warriors but only made 50-odd metre, so the above games are just the ones he stated in the front row

I actually think he will change the line up but I can appreciate why he has done this.

Paliasia isn't as bad as everyone says on here, including myself sometime. He's just solid. But he is solid. Carrigan and flegler on with him means the 3rd person being solid won't be as obvious, especially if Walters says "25 mins, give me everything you got and you'll get this chance again to show you're a starting player (supposedly what he's going to titans for). Our bench will still hold the middle in the 10-20 mins when neither carrigan and flegler are on.
I've been a Palasia supporter, he was great to start the year last year. But Jensen has done more, deserves to wear the 8 and start the game.

Without haas and Oates, we need palasia to be running for 150+ metres. Is he capable of this?

Without haas and Oates, we need palasia to be running for 150+ metres. Is he capable of this?

scroll up 2 posts to see his figures when starting last year

I'll eat my words here. The Broncos have been playing very well, and Reynolds is in career best form. Didn't think I'd be this worried about this fixture.

I think our team list beats them almost all over the park but I’ll leave that list to @Sproj

Despite our outs, I still think we have a team that can win this and win well. Will just need to have a plan to nullify Mitchell as much as possible. Without him there isn’t much to be concerned about.

I think Kev named the best available side. Props the poster (forget who) who detailed why starting Palasia is better than bringing him on late in the game - seems Kev agrees under the current circumstances
Without Payne, I'd be very worried about your middles. Murray, Cook and Arrow will run riot.

Without Payne, I'd be very worried about your middles. Murray, Cook and Arrow will run riot.
Patty is the defensive director in the middle. I think he will handle it well enough.

Palasia for Haas is such a huge downgrade, this will be a tough game with the odds stacked against us, 3 outs that are all high quality players is a big blow.

We have to bring some tough resilience to this game, I think we should be in the fight still and if we play like Warriors did against Storm I wouldn't fault us.
Patty in beast mode on Friday night. Flegler, Kobe, Corey & Marty to follow Patty’s lead.

Palasia would play his own lead.

We’re sweet here.

Did a bit of bored research tonight and noticed in the last 2 games we have scored 11 tries. 9 of those came directly, I mean directly after a forwards run.... 6 of those times it was payne haas. He has been massive for us, and if we get the win here it will be one for the ages without him, mam and oates. But the other 3 times. Flegler you might have thought? Carrigan potentially? Nope.... it was big Marty tapau on all 3.
I reckon he should start or we ask for a solid 50 mins off of him here. He's different to haas but his play the ball speed is insane. Have noticed that's a big improvement in cobbos game too actually.

Did a bit of bored research tonight and noticed in the last 2 games we have scored 11 tries. 9 of those came directly, I mean directly after a forwards run.... 6 of those times it was payne haas. He has been massive for us, and if we get the win here it will be one for the ages without him, mam and oates. But the other 3 times. Flegler you might have thought? Carrigan potentially? Nope.... it was big Marty tapau on all 3.
I reckon he should start or we ask for a solid 50 mins off of him here. He's different to haas but his play the ball speed is insane. Have noticed that's a big improvement in cobbos game too actually.
Staggs has also provided a few of these runs from my memory. Maybe not fully converted to points, but close.

There's three things that will go a long way towards us winning this game.

As mentioned before, keep the ball in play. Souths prefer a stop/start game because it allows them to set and control the tempo of the game.

Build up Mitchell's workload. Get him making more runs than he usually makes because it tires him out.

Limit Murray's ball-playing. Get up in his face and get stuck into him.

Another thing we could do is whenever someone tackles Walker, give him a facial and give him a bit of niggle. We might concede a penalty or two, but if you can get under his skin he loses control.

As mentioned before, keep the ball in play. Souths prefer a stop/start game because it allows them to set and control the tempo of the game.

Build up Mitchell's workload. Get him making more runs than he usually makes because it tires him out.

Another thing we could do is whenever someone tackles Walker, give him a facial and give him a bit of niggle. We might concede a penalty or two, but if you can get under his skin he loses control.
I agree they do prefer a stop start game but I'd also be tempted to kick out to limit his kick returns. Purely bcos Mitchell needs a reason to get involved in games. He has no interest until he needs to some games. If he has 3 runs by half time and the coach doesn't spray him I doubt he takes more then 10 in the game.

Yeah, We need to spread wide on tackle 3 to keep that side's winger up and kick on tackle 4 whenever we can behind the winger who's still up in D.

LM hates putting in a lot of kick returns, always prefers to pass, keep kicking it deep and into the corner.

☝🏼exactly. Us & Souffs are quite opposite teams as in;
1. We prefer a fast game where as they prefer a stop-start game.
2. We can grind out and match opponents energy but they can’t
3. Our fullback is full of energy & involved every sec of the game where as Fatrell is lazy and unmotivated if a thing or 2 goes against him

I could go on but these 3 alone should get us the W on Friday.

Is Piakura injured?

He hasn't been named for Devils this week and with Riki in doubt, perhaps it's a sign.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Ghost of Vlansys
  • Johnny92
  • Justwin
  • Harry Sack
  • Skyblues87
  • Broncos Maestro
  • winslow_wong
  • Old Mate
  • theshed
  • Allo
  • Xzei
  • I bleed Maroon
  • johnyE
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.