Pre-season

So Ben Teo is still training with the Broncs, does that mean he has been re-signed for next year?
He has been re-signed I believe. I thought that had already been made official?

He didn’t have that great a year tbh... had a couple of nice intercepts and played origin due to lack of other options. His game needs a lot of work
I think for a rookie he had a fine year. Plenty wrong but also a lot of good things too, some of it was actually really, really good.

I'm not sure how many rookies come into the game and get thrown in the deep end way before they're really ready and DON'T need a fair bit of work? Considering what he was asked to do this year I think he handled himself quite well indeed.

Who knows. Didn’t they announce Flegler re-signing twice?
Sounds plausible. I suppose things can get a bit frantic at work when an iceberg has just tore a big hole in your boat and it's at an almost 90 degree angle about to plummet bow first towards the bottom of the North Atlantic.

Sounds plausible. I suppose things can get a bit frantic at work when an iceberg has just tore a big hole in your boat and it's at an almost 90 degree angle about to plummet bow first towards the bottom of the North Atlantic.

That sieberg has floated away to Newcastle, never to return.
Capt Kevvie has put a patch over the hole in the boat and whilst it is still low in the water has stopped sinking.
Next season he starts the process of bailing it out.

Capt Kevvie has put a patch over the hole in the boat and whilst it is still low in the water has stopped sinking.
No, he will get the bilge pumps going, stuff bailing it out.

I think for a rookie he had a fine year. Plenty wrong but also a lot of good things too, some of it was actually really, really good.

I'm not sure how many rookies come into the game and get thrown in the deep end way before they're really ready and DON'T need a fair bit of work? Considering what he was asked to do this year I think he handled himself quite well indeed.

He definitely did well but I wouldn’t say he was break out player of the year

He definitely did well but I wouldn’t say he was break out player of the year

I'd say that was clearly Cleary (say that quickly). Staggs is in the conversation as well, along with Lomax, Best, Crichton, Paps, Olam, Grant, Brimson, Foulsmellingodour, Fido, Fisher-Harris, and many others.

So Ben Teo is still training with the Broncs, does that mean he has been re-signed for next year?

The website doesn’t have him listed, but it only has 26 players listed. Him and Asiata make 28, so presumably there are 2 spots available, depending on how the train and trial contracts go, or if recruitment opportunities present themselves... Not counting of course anyone who may also be released, ala Offa and Bird.

Pietanic 2, the sequel, you know what's going to happen but you still can't stop staring. (set in the lovely town of Newcastle this time)

Last edited:
The website doesn’t have him listed, but it only has 26 players listed. Him and Asiata make 28, so presumably there are 2 spots available, depending on how the train and trial contracts go, or if recruitment opportunities present themselves... Not counting of course anyone who may also be released, ala Offa and Bird.

They don't have Gamble listed either even though people on here have first hand confirmation that he's been re-signed for next season.

Last edited:
They don't have Gamble listed either even though people on here have first hand confirmation that he's been re-signed for next season.
Im positive I saw an Issac Luke announcement very early in the post season too.

Im positive I saw an Issac Luke announcement very early in the post season too.
I'm sure I can recall that too. This is what happens when your business is being run by Old Gill.

Last edited:
think they were waiting on a new coach being announced before they looked at if luke was going to get another contract
and apparently doesnt have one for 2021

Last edited:

Active Now

• Broncorob
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Ffs...
  • FACTHUNT
  • Alec
  • NYCDB
  • Old Mate
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.