Pre-season

that's because as of this minute he plays for us. a move to the Tigers is only speculation right now

A few people on the forum were questioning whether he showed up and if the rumours were true. So yeah as of now he’s still ours.

The borders aren’t closed for people travelling for work with border passes and I doubt Newcastle is a hot spot, so that’s not an excuse.

I figured he’d be up here earlier considering his contract has begun with us and I don’t expect him to be training but being a positive influence for the young players, as was said in my follow up comment that was posted well before you responded.
Is anyone in the rehab group doing preseason training today? If not then I fail to see why Macca would need to be there presuming that he's still rehabbing a serious injury too.

Is anyone in the rehab group doing preseason training today? If not then I fail to see why Macca would need to be there presuming that he's still rehabbing a serious injury too.
I didn’t say he needed to be there. I said I would have liked him to be there as early as possible setting an example for the guys in our team. **** there’s some people looking to argue dumb crap today.

The way things went last year, I think all those players you saw sort of running IS the rehab group. The one guy in the distance is the fully fit training squad.

Last edited:
Back on the ye olde training field where the real Brisbane Broncos from yesterfar trained..
Partly because the main training pitch is undergoing maintenance and looks like a dogs breakfast, atm...

I didn’t see him there, but it was hot and had the young fella with me, so I didn’t hang around long. Just long enough to say g’day to Dobbo and Crash Craddock, actually... 🥴

Interview up on NRL.com

Lots of footage from training. Kev just went over a lot of the usual points about the club uniting. Also talked about Ofahengaue and how he was happy to see Milford and Oates there despite neither being rostered on.

I couldn't recognise too many new faces. Reece Walsh was there but I largely just saw Ofahengaue, Arthars, Dearden, Croft, Palasia etc.

Kevie will also talk to Peter Psaltis at 6:00pm tonight on 4BC.

Last edited:
Interview up on NRL.com

Lots of footage from training. Kev just went over a lot of the usual points about the club uniting. Also talked about Ofahengaue and how he was happy to see Milford and Oates there despite neither being rostered on.

I couldn't recognise too many new faces. Reece Walsh was there but I largely just saw Ofahengaue, Arthars, Dearden, Croft, Palasia etc.

Kevie will also talk to Peter Psaltis at 6:00pm tonight on 4BC.

Salty Pete, is he part of your clan? Big Pete, Salty Pete, Peptide P(aul)ete, who else you got?

WWOS has started.

If you make an account you can listen to it live, if not I'll edit this post with live updates.

Interview is starting right now.

Kevie thought they had a good first day.

Happy to be the head coach and excited for what lies ahead.

The Broncos are focusing on defence primarily over the next four weeks, specifically on their try line. Kev also goes on about his usual unity spiel.

Peter asks about the coaching staff and whether it's been finalised. Kev mentions that the football department is filled but there's administration staff that'll be announced over the coming weeks.

Albert Kelly or Big Alby came to the club via Souths Logan Magpies. Kelly is excited for the opportunity and Kev is a fan of his talent.

Pete asks about David Mead and Will Chambers. Kev says they've had some discussions with Mead, Kev wants to get some old heads around these young players. Kev says he doubts we'll see Will at the Broncos since he has Rugby commitment.

Lodge is due back in mid December, Ofahengaue in early December.

Kev wants Milford to reach his 2015-17 form and stressed that it's a contract year. Specifically he wants to see him take advantage of the six again rule and step up and play instinctive footy when they get a fresh set.

So not a whole lot of news there. Mead seems like a done deal at this point, whereas it seemed like Kev put the kibosh on Chambers.

Last edited:
WWOS has started.

If you make an account you can listen to it live, if not I'll edit this post with live updates.

Interview is starting right now.

Kevie thought they had a good first day.

Happy to be the head coach and excited for what lies ahead.

The Broncos are focusing on defence primarily over the next four weeks, specifically on their try line. Kev also goes on about his usual unity spiel.

Peter asks about the coaching staff and whether it's been finalised. Kev mentions that the football department is filled but there's administration staff that'll be announced over the coming weeks.

Albert Kelly or Big Alby came to the club via Souths Logan Magpies. Kelly is excited for the opportunity and Kev is a fan of his talent.

Pete asks about David Mead and Will Chambers. Kev says they've had some discussions with Mead, Kev wants to get some old heads around these young players. Kev says he doubts we'll see Will at the Broncos since he has Rugby commitment.

Lodge is due back in mid December, Ofahengaue in early December.

Kev wants Milford to reach his 2015-17 form and stressed that it's a contract year. Specifically he wants to see him take advantage of the six again rule and step up and play instinctive footy when they get a fresh set.

So not a whole lot of news there. Mead seems like a done deal at this point, whereas it seemed like Kev put the kibosh on Chambers.
Mead has been playing centre and fullback at catalans. It would not surprise me to find him in one of these positions given that it does not appear that we have made a move for allan.

Mead may fill in at fullback until we make a move for someone in 2022 or walsh develops.

Active Now

• Broncorob
  • Santa
  • Brotherdu
  • Wolfie
  • Ejbroncos
  • Bish
  • Tim K
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.