Pre-season

a good interview with Terry Matterson.

among other things he says, he mentions that in his view Macca is a standout choice for Captain (says they haven't had much discussion about it yet, we may not know until after the trial)

It’s happening! Hey Maccarina!

It’s happening! Hey Maccarina!
So when he's battling to make the 17 and fighting for a contract extension with the club later in the year it's just going to be a fantastic look for us.

When he inevitably isn't re-signed it's going to mean we'll have had like 4-5 Captains in 4 years. And people really wonder why the place has become an utter shambles and our youngsters are all so volatile?

Last edited:
So when he's battling to make the 17 and fighting for a contract extension with the club later in the year it's just going to be a fantastic look for us.

When he inevitably isn't re-signed it's going to mean we'll have had like 4-5 Captains in 4 years. And people really wonder why the place has become an utter shambles and our youngsters are all so volatile?
Kurt Gidley captained NSW off the bench. Macca is like Kurt in a lot of ways now I think of it.

That's an interesting way of admitting you were wrong. Glad to see you could do it without carrying on like a pork chop though, well done champ.
Ablution, you really are hurt aren't you? What exactly did I do to you? You seem soooo butthurt. Btw, unlike you I have freely admitted to being wrong on multiple occasions in the past. I'm capable of something you appear unable to do. Is that what hurts your feelings petal?

Ablution, you really are hurt aren't you? What exactly did I do to you? You seem soooo butthurt. Btw, unlike you I have freely admitted to being wrong on multiple occasions in the past. I'm capable of something you appear unable to do. Is that what hurts your feelings petal?
Despite your ongoing ramblings self-opinionated does not have the meaning you attached to it. If your response to someone pointing out that you might want to double check your own work before 'correcting' others is to carry on like a grade 3 wannabe bully you should take a long hard look at yourself. In the interest of not further subjecting other posters here to a text-based slapfight between a braying moron and an unjustifably self-opinionated braggart I shan't engage you on this matter further so please direct all threats to bash me at the next bhq bbq to my private messages.

Kurt Gidley captained NSW off the bench. Macca is like Kurt in a lot of ways now I think of it.
Yes, and how exactly did that work out for them?

NSW during that era has a scary amount of similarities with the current Broncos sadly.

Last edited:
Despite your ongoing ramblings self-opinionated does not have the meaning you attached to it. If your response to someone pointing out that you might want to double check your own work before 'correcting' others is to carry on like a grade 3 wannabe bully you should take a long hard look at yourself. In the interest of not further subjecting other posters here to a text-based slapfight between a braying moron and an unjustifably self-opinionated braggart I shan't engage you on this matter further so please direct all threats to bash me at the next bhq bbq to my private messages.
****, you are monumentally dumb! What meaning did I attach?

Oh I know I know! Like I said, I wasn't offended, well not deeply anyway! It was just a gentle love tap on the beak but ablution always likes to have a dig. He's butthurt over some imagined wrong from times gone by. I have no idea why but it's quite enjoyable anyway😉
Hi Huge, what context are you using ablution here, I don't get it big fella, doesn't mean your not correct, it could just be my poor understanding of the English language.

1 formal : the washing of one's body or part of it (as in a religious rite) —usually pluralritual ablutionsperforming his morning ablutions. 2 ablutions\ ə-ˈblü-shənz , a- \ plural, British : a building on a military base that houses bathing and toilet facilities.

****, you are monumentally dumb! What meaning did I attach?
Just reread the thread, I understand the reference now, bit harsh but, I find him pretty amiable, as i do you of course 😎

Hi Huge, what context are you using ablution here, I don't get it big fella, doesn't mean your not correct, it could just be my poor understanding of the English language.

1 formal : the washing of one's body or part of it (as in a religious rite) —usually pluralritual ablutionsperforming his morning ablutions. 2 ablutions\ ə-ˈblü-shənz , a- \ plural, British : a building on a military base that houses bathing and toilet facilities.
🤤 just having a laugh at abashers name because he's a pest.

Loved that interview with Terry matterson, was real positive and pointed out the broncos of old will be back

I remember terry matterson when he played. I don't believe I ever saw him have a bad game.
It was a tough time to be a lock with Bradly Clyde around, but he always gave his best and was unlucky not to see more red games.

Active Now

• Jazza
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Robboi_321
  • Manlyman
  • Cavalo
  • winslow_wong
  • Lostboy
  • Thelmus
  • broncs30
  • Harry Sack
  • Morkel
  • theshed
  • broncsgoat
  • Dash
  • FACTHUNT
  • Sproj
  • Bucking Beads
  • barker
  • Mr Fourex
  • ivanhungryjak
... and 13 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.