Pre-season

Ben Ikin and Matty Johns are the only two "Experts" out of the six on Fox Sports to tip us to get the Spoon. (Dragons had two tips for the spoon with Cowboys and Warriors one each)

Mal hasn't tipped the Titans for the premiership this year, lol
Benny's a pissy little bitch lol.

Haas has gone down at training.

HScreenshot 2021 02 18 NRL PHYSIO on Twitter

Update

HScreenshot 2021 02 18 NRL PHYSIO on Twitter

Last edited:
Again, yes..
  • Payne Haas update from the Broncos: an ankle sprain with no concern he won’t be fit by Round 4
  • Farnworth will return to training next week and will miss the Alex Glenn Testimonial Game against the Cowboys on February 27, but will be available for selection in Round 1 against the Eels.

So Brissy medicos are saying it isn't serious? I guess we better start looking for a replacement as he likely is out for the season with a broken pelvis that can look like swelling on the ankle.
Or they'll over diagnose and book him in for a knee reconstruction even though the ACL is fine:

Surgeon "but the ACL is intact"
Medicos "Then fucking rupture the **** and replace it... we can't be caught being wrong again!!"

Last edited:
  • Payne Haas update from the Broncos: an ankle sprain with no concern he won’t be fit by Round 4
  • Farnworth will return to training next week and will miss the Alex Glenn Testimonial Game against the Cowboys on February 27, but will be available for selection in Round 1 against the Eels.
I didn’t say that they were going to be out for long, just that it’s just the beginning

- Broncos will finish above the Roosters on the table
- Titans will miss the 8
- Cowboys top 4

“No, I think the Broncos were wooden spooners last year and to me their list is weaker this year,” Ikin told foxsports.com.au at Thursday’s Fox League season launch when asked if the Broncos squad is more balanced in 2021.

“I think there is still a stack of uncertainty. They have lost a rampaging back-rower who is one of the best forward prospects in the game in David Fifita.

“Their other shining light won’t be there for half a season in Kotoni Staggs.

“I don’t think Tom Dearden and Anthony Milford will play in the halves together all year. Tom has still got a bit of growing to do and if he hits a rough spot who do they bring in? Is it Brodie Croft? Is it Albert Kelly?

“Who is going to play fullback? Tesi Niu played there last year, but he is going to come in and play in the centres with Jamayne Isaako switching to fullback, but will they switch later in the season? Who knows?

“McCullough has left the club, so there is so much uncertainty.”

“For me this season is about building a base for Kevvie,” Ikin said.

“That means they won’t dominate in the wins and losses category. That is not what this season is about.

“This season is about steadying the ship and working out what didn’t work under the last regime and rolling in how he thinks the place should tick.

“Off the back of this year there will be more tough lessons learned and slowly but surely have a crack at rebuilding the roster.

“Over time you end up with a side that is representative of how Kevvie coaches and his personal character traits. But that’s not going to happen this year.”

“It is a pretty fluid and flexible player market, so if you very quickly figure out what you have got and what you want to keep on the current roster and then be actively scouring the player market,” Ikin said.

“The Broncos still have a reputation as a club you want to play for.

“They are very wealthy and there is a bit of prestige about going up there, so once you figure out what you need, after you have a look at what you’ve got, then you get real busy real quick.”

“Kevvie works as part of a retention and recruitment committee so he would have his say,” Ikin said of roster management.

“These decisions now in most clubs are part of a group discussion and a group decision making process.

“Kevvie’s focus will be about getting the best out of what he has got, which is where it should be.

“When you are stepping into an environment that has become what the Broncos is now, you just need a narrow focus.”

Honestly, that's a reasonable assessment from Ikin.

“No, I think the Broncos were wooden spooners last year and to me their list is weaker this year,” Ikin told foxsports.com.au at Thursday’s Fox League season launch when asked if the Broncos squad is more balanced in 2021.

“I think there is still a stack of uncertainty. They have lost a rampaging back-rower who is one of the best forward prospects in the game in David Fifita.

“I don’t think Tom Dearden and Anthony Milford will play in the halves together all year. Tom has still got a bit of growing to do and if he hits a rough spot who do they bring in? Is it Brodie Croft? Is it Albert Kelly?

“Who is going to play fullback? Tesi Niu played there last year, but he is going to come in and play in the centres with Jamayne Isaako switching to fullback, but will they switch later in the season? Who knows?

“That means they won’t dominate in the wins and losses category. That is not what this season is about.

“This season is about steadying the ship and working out what didn’t work under the last regime and rolling in how he thinks the place should tick.

“Off the back of this year there will be more tough lessons learned and slowly but surely have a crack at rebuilding the roster.

“Over time you end up with a side that is representative of how Kevvie coaches and his personal character traits. But that’s not going to happen this year.”

“It is a pretty fluid and flexible player market, so if you very quickly figure out what you have got and what you want to keep on the current roster and then be actively scouring the player market,” Ikin said.

“They are very wealthy and there is a bit of prestige about going up there, so once you figure out what you need, after you have a look at what you’ve got, then you get real busy real quick.”

“Kevvie works as part of a retention and recruitment committee so he would have his say,” Ikin said of roster management.

“These decisions now in most clubs are part of a group discussion and a group decision making process.

“Kevvie’s focus will be about getting the best out of what he has got, which is where it should be.

“When you are stepping into an environment that has become what the Broncos is now, you just need a narrow focus.”

Totally and he can get fucked with it!!

Of course he's right but the flow of time and the balance of the universe will reverse midseason and we will be triumphant.

Seriously, it's a cut and paste of 3/4s of bhqs posters. Everyone knows we will be also rans and it's a stepping stone year. The losses and gains, we all know what they've been. So, an accurate and superflous assessment.

Nah he's just being a negative nancy

Is it though, do you really think Kevvie doesn't know who his fullback is going to be, or his backup halves ?
Sounds like Kevvie has a plan and he knows exactly what he wants, yeah it may not all go to plan but I don't think there's as much uncertainty as ikin has implied.

It’s a stronger roster if it stays on the park, I really don’t think these so called experts appreciate or want to acknowledge just how many injuries we had last season. Guys like Turpin & Lodge seem to have been entirely disregarded without appreciating they were injured most of the year. No doubt we had other issues as well, but I don’t believe it was a playing class issue, the talent is there.

Is it though, do you really think Kevvie doesn't know who his fullback is going to be, or his backup halves ?
Sounds like Kevvie has a plan and he knows exactly what he wants, yeah it may not all go to plan but I don't think there's as much uncertainty as ikin has implied.
In the long term? Not at this moment, no.

I thought Ikin would be especially scathing or wouldn't elaborate on his opinion, but it's a pretty fair assessment at this point.

In the long term? Not at this moment, no.

I thought Ikin would be especially scathing or wouldn't elaborate on his opinion, but it's a pretty fair assessment at this point.
I'm still going to say it's exaggerated , there's definitely a plan.

Active Now

• ChewThePhatt
  • Broncosgirl
  • Allo
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.