Pre-Season

I agree we will miss gamble and Martin but gamble wouldn't add much experience. Martin did for sure though.

certainly it is worrying that we got rid of them both + Kelly and even turpin at the same time. None of them great but that is a lot of experience in the spine in 1 go.

Would have LOVED to have kept Martin as a back up, and the club would have too. But we aren't the Roosters, the warriors offered a better deal and it would have been ridiculous to match it...

Was Kelly let go purely for being a knob or something? Because he would be pretty damn handy backup.

Go for it bud!

Interesting remark this one.

Carrigan:

"It sounds weird but just the way they (Penrith players) talk about their footy in an open forum. No-one is having a go at each other but everything they talk about is getting better. It is part of their culture and it is something we can do better at the club. In saying that, they are all freaks as well."​

Where do we reckon all the players reserve grade players will be allocated? I think there might be some decent changes considering how much our depth has changed.

Where do we reckon all the players reserve grade players will be allocated? I think there might be some decent changes considering how much our depth has changed.

no idea, not even sure how it works. e.g. if our allocations are based on the needs of our QCup affiliates.

but I'd hope to see some strategy behind it if we are able. e.g. keep our 2nd string spine players together in the same team

Interesting remark this one.

Carrigan:

"It sounds weird but just the way they (Penrith players) talk about their footy in an open forum. No-one is having a go at each other but everything they talk about is getting better. It is part of their culture and it is something we can do better at the club. In saying that, they are all freaks as well."​
To me, this reads like our players struggle taking criticism (and get pissed off in being called out or having their errors and areas for improvement pointed out) or even being able to provide constructive criticism to their team mates.

I suppose that would be consistent with the perception that many on the squad are snowflakes, and explain our failure to learn from mistakes.

p.s. that female reporter still going for the sensationalism, asking Patty if Reyno would be good to go in round 1, despite the fact the club today confirmed he'd be back training next week

p.s. that female reporter still going for the sensationalism, asking Patty if Reyno would be good to go in round 1, despite the fact the club today confirmed he'd be back training next week
Suggest you direct your bottomless reservoir of venom at Walters. He's the one who described Reynold's injury recovery as "indefinite."

To me, this reads like our players struggle taking criticism (and get pissed off in being called out or having their errors and areas for improvement pointed out) or even being able to provide constructive criticism to their team mates.

I suppose that would be consistent with the perception that many on the squad are snowflakes, and explain our failure to learn from mistakes.
That's what came to my mind as well, but maybe he didn't mean it that way. Maybe he just meant the Panthers players are more into dissecting the games than the Broncos players.

Hate that lady…..always try’s to be the biggest idiot in the room by constantly over-talking during pressers & asking the same dumb questions multiple ways. Egoistic maniac need to know some cold hard truths about the way she goes.

Hate that lady…..always try’s to be the biggest idiot in the room by constantly over-talking during pressers & asking the same dumb questions multiple ways. Egoistic maniac need to know some cold hard truths about the way she goes.
Patty knows how to handle journalists:

Any updates regarding the current impact of training efforts on the vertical orientation of the house?
I want to know if anyone's sighted Karl O.

Pretty obvious from the pre season promotions Reynolds, Mam, Oates, Staggs, Cobbo, Carrigan, Haas, Capewel and Walsh are all locked in regardless of whatever challengers are out there.

Niu and Farnworth would still be on break. If Herbie is still chasing fullback, he might find himself opposing, with Mariner challenging his place in the centres. If he lets it go, I wonder it he'd still be next fulback in line should Walsh go down?

One part that showed just how low quality the journalism is for me is after he said that the quote about "no arguing" not 1 of those journalists thought quickly enough to follow it up with "are you implying/saying that that is what you guys do?"

The standard is so low in Australia they can't even do the tabloid/trash journalism to a level that is above new graduate level. They literally just twist people's words and come up with a headline a few hours later, and regularly make crap up to suit agendas. I don't care what imaginary world people are living in, the level on sports journalism in Australia is SHOCKING

One part that showed just how low quality the journalism is for me is after he said that the quote about "no arguing" not 1 of those journalists thought quickly enough to follow it up with "are you implying/saying that that is what you guys do?"

The standard is so low in Australia they can't even do the tabloid/trash journalism to a level that is above new graduate level. They literally just twist people's words and come up with a headline a few hours later, and regularly make crap up to suit agendas. I don't care what imaginary world people are living in, the level on sports journalism in Australia is SHOCKING
I keep telling you blokes: journalists don't write the headlines. That's an editing job. If you don't believe me, read the last sentence of this:

But agree about how shithouse the standard of journalism is across the board. In this country, and most of the world, really. Bear in mind this is the entertainment industry. It's the bottom run of journalism. It's a marketing arm of the sport, meant to encourage you to keep watching to see what's going to happen next.

Don’t even need to watch the interview to know it’s Katie Brown.

She’s awful

Active Now

• Manofoneway
  • Broncosarethebest
  • bert_lifts
  • Turks85
  • Galah
  • Broncosgirl
  • mieko
  • BroncosFan_Corey
  • Waynesaurus
  • Xzei
  • GCBRONCO
  • Sproj
  • Gaz
  • MaroubraBroncos
  • Fozz
  • upthebroncs
... and 2 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.