Pre-Season

yeah ... that's a shame.

best case he'll be back after Origin

worst case he'll be gone for the season.

although, it'll be a good opportunity for someone who offers a but of impact off the bench to step up and be counted, someone like Robati comes to mind
I thought torn biceps were like 3 month recovery so he might even be ready for round 1 where did you read he might be out for that long?

I thought torn biceps were like 3 month recovery so he might even be ready for round 1 where did you read he might be out for that long?

didn't Herbie have the same injury putting him out for 3/4 of the season?

didn't Herbie have the same injury putting him out for 3/4 of the season?
I don't recall the timelines now but I was always under the impression bicep tears are a 3 month injury but I definitely don't know for sure

@Kimlo just did a google search and it depending on the severity it looks to be a 4 - 6 month recovery time for people to get most of their motion and strength back. up to a year to get the full range back. not sure how playing a contact sport affects those time frames.

Torn bicep tendon recovery time

Recovery time depends on the severity of the bicep tendon tear, as well as type of treatment. Even mild injuries can take at least two months to heal. It often takes four to five months before you can start returning to normal activities.

After surgery, you’ll probably need to wear a sling or otherwise immobilize your arm such as in a splint or cast for four to six weeks. You’ll then have to do physical therapy and exercises to help strengthen your arm and improve range of motion.

Complete recovery from surgery can take up to a year, although most people recover much of their range of motion and strength in four to six months.

@Kimlo just did a google search and it depending on the severity it looks to be a 4 - 6 month recovery time for people to get most of their motion and strength back. up to a year to get the full range back. not sure how playing a contact sport affects those time frames.

On the news before it was indicated 14 weeks for Kobe, so that puts it as late March... so probably missing the first month or so of the season??

Yeah 2 would be really weird. You’d have to be doing something extremely silly to tear both at once
Why would it be silly? You can do bicep curls with a straight bar using both arms at the same time. It would be extremely unfortunate.

The muscle in the arm is actually called biceps brachii. So although it is commonly referred to as a bicep, biceps is actually correct as it is not a "s" indicating a plural.

So, considering recovery + match fitness, reckon he would be available for Magic round. It’s a bummer but hopefully someone like Robati &/ Logan B Brow would step up and perform.

Active Now

• winslow_wong
  • Broncosarethebest
  • bb_gun
  • Big Del
  • Sproj
  • Howie
  • Jason Simmons
  • BruiserMk1
  • Aldo
  • RolledOates
  • Redfern_1980
  • Wolfie
  • broncos4life
  • johnny plath
  • ostin86
  • kman
  • GCBRONCO
  • Dexter
  • Xzei
  • jarro65
... and 4 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.